Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scatter

"Altered"

Altered
2006 R 88 minutes

Eduardo Sanchez (co-creator of The Blair Witch Project) helms another chilling horror film. Five high school buddies are abducted by aliens from a farm in Florida -- but only four of them survive. Fifteen years later, the friends -- whose lives have been altered ever since -- return to the farm to face their enemy and seek revenge. Michael C. Williams (also of Blair Witch fame), Brad William Henke, Adam Kaufman and James Gammon star.

Netflix viewers gave it 2.5 stars. Which is precisely why I don't pay attention to the ratings. This movie was cool!! Best alien flick I've seen in ages.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Dr.Teufel Geist

Quote from: Scatter on July 10, 2010, 12:21:37 AM
"Altered"

Altered
2006 R 88 minutes

Eduardo Sanchez (co-creator of The Blair Witch Project) helms another chilling horror film. Five high school buddies are abducted by aliens from a farm in Florida -- but only four of them survive. Fifteen years later, the friends -- whose lives have been altered ever since -- return to the farm to face their enemy and seek revenge. Michael C. Williams (also of Blair Witch fame), Brad William Henke, Adam Kaufman and James Gammon star.

Netflix viewers gave it 2.5 stars. Which is precisely why I don't pay attention to the ratings. This movie was cool!! Best alien flick I've seen in ages.
Really??? you liked it??  I seen it awhile back on CHILLER.....it was okay, but I wouldnt say it was the best alien flick in ages....

Predator?......or even AVP?...............Fire in the sky............Close encounters of the 3rd kind..............War of the worlds.....

Scatter

Quote from: Dr.Teufel Geist on July 10, 2010, 12:26:13 AM
Really??? you liked it??  I seen it awhile back on CHILLER.....it was okay, but I wouldnt say it was the best alien flick in ages....

Predator?......or even AVP?...............Fire in the sky............Close encounters of the 3rd kind..............War of the worlds.....

It's not the best alien flick FOR the ages. Just the best one I've seen in ages. I love alien flicks, but they don't seem to be able to make 'em right anymore. I'm NOT AT ALL saying it compares to Aliens or Predator or Close Encounters. Not by a longshot. But it actually kept me interested for a change. I ENJOYED it rather than just ENDURED it for a change, as happens with the vast majority of recent UFO movies these days.

Dr.Teufel Geist

Quote from: Scatter on July 10, 2010, 12:39:54 AM
It's not the best alien flick FOR the ages. Just the best one I've seen in ages. I love alien flicks, but they don't seem to be able to make 'em right anymore. I'm NOT AT ALL saying it compares to Aliens or Predator or Close Encounters. Not by a longshot. But it actually kept me interested for a change. I ENJOYED it rather than just ENDURED it for a change, as happens with the vast majority of recent UFO movies these days.

"I'm just yanking yer chain...MonkeyMan..."..I say in my best Jim Carey voice...  ::)

BaronLatos35

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Scatter

Quote from: Dr.Teufel Geist on July 10, 2010, 12:42:39 AM
"I'm just yanking yer chain...MonkeyMan..."..I say in my best Jim Carey voice...  ::)

Hey, it wasn't nearly as lame as Star Wars  ;)

BaronLatos35

- White Zombie w/ Count Gore and The Bone Jangler

Two of my favorite Horror Hosts with a cool Lugosi movie. Check out Gore's 12th Anniversary show online, funny as hell.

www.countgore.com
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."

zombiehorror

Predators~

I dug it!  Didn't top the original for me or even Predator 2 for that matter but was still cool and better than either AvP.  I heard some complaining about the CGI but it looked well done to me....and I'm a big hater of CGI.  It seemed like a long time before getting into some Predator action though maybe 20 to 30 mins. in?  Not sure didn't check a clock or anything but nonetheless it seemed like it took awhile but that isn't to say it was boring or anything, the action was definitely well paced.  I didn't see a big difference in the two Predator species either?  Though one was supposed to be bigger and more intelligent....

slayergriffith

An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe (1972)
Scarecrows (1988)
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Scatter

Below
2002 R 105 minutes

In this sci-fi thriller penned by Darren Aronofsky, an American submarine stumbles upon a downed British hospital ship while navigating treacherous waters during World War II. After rescuing the ship's three remaining survivors, Lt. Brice (Bruce Greenwood) and his men discover that true danger may not come from the Germans pursuing them, but rather from a ghostly threat that lurks far below, or even within, the submarine itself.

Not bad......Nancy and I both liked it.

kklloo

slayergriffith

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

BaronLatos35

Memphremagog

War Of the Colossal Beast(1958)
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man(1943)
The Brain That Wouldnt Die(1960)
Gamera vs. Barugon(1966)
Doctor Who: The War Games(1969)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

josezombiekillr

the original King Kong