NBC's Dracula tv series is happening

Started by Big Bad Wolf, July 24, 2012, 07:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilitezoner

Must twilight be referenced every time a vampire movie or tv show gets released. We must stop this immediately.

Haunted hearse

Quote from: twilitezoner on August 02, 2012, 07:09:22 AM
Must twilight be referenced every time a vampire movie or tv show gets released. We must stop this immediately.
It is rather puzzling that Twilight is referenced so often with regards to Vampires, since I can't recall a single episode of "Twilight Zone", which included any vampire characters.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Haunted hearse on August 02, 2012, 08:44:43 AM
It is rather puzzling that Twilight is referenced so often with regards to Vampires, since I can't recall a single episode of "Twilight Zone", which included any vampire characters.

It's silly people who can't tell the difference between TZ and Night Gallery.   ;)

Haunted hearse

Quote from: aura of foreboding on August 03, 2012, 03:09:06 AM
It's silly people who can't tell the difference between TZ and Night Gallery.   ;)
Because there were Vampires in Night Gallery!  Of course they didn't sparkle, which when you consider that the show aired in the Disco era, shows the lack of artistic vision that Rod Serling had.

Count_Zirock

There hasn't been any news regarding this in awhile, so maybe they've axed it already?
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

aura of foreboding

Off with its head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's the only way to kill a vampire... tv show. 

Haunted hearse

Quote from: aura of foreboding on January 02, 2013, 08:05:49 PM
Off with its head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's the only way to kill a vampire... tv show.
Another way is to call it a reboot of the Munsters TV show.

Scatter

Quote from: Haunted hearse on January 03, 2013, 10:17:25 AM
Another way is to call it a reboot of the Munsters TV show.

Grandpa's Place. Except Grandpa Munster is now a neo-goth who looks 25 and sparkles.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Paladin

Quote from: Scatter on January 03, 2013, 08:12:06 PM
Grandpa's Place. Except Grandpa Munster is now a neo-goth who looks 25 and sparkles.

Hahaha    :D cl:) Zombie LOL
"Traveler of both time and space..."

Big Bad Wolf

Well, they have cast their Mina Murray. Her name is Jessica de Gouw. Also, for anyone interested, the synopsis suggests some...interesting changes.

Basically Count Dracula is posing as an American entrepreneur named Allen Grayson, who wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. What he's really after, however, is revenge against (presumably the descendants of?) the people who wronged him centuries earlier. This is complicated when he falls in love with Mina Murray, who seems to be the reincarnation of his long dead wife.

It's also been said that after the first season (if it lasts that long) it'll stray from the basic skeleton of the book and do its own thing.

Source: http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/jessica-de-gouw-lands-female-lead-on-nbc-drama-series-dracula/

Honestly, I think the whole reincarnation thing is overdone. It wasn't part of the book, so why is it constantly included in new Dracula-related material? I mean, I know where it comes from (Dan Curtis recycling an old Dark Shadows subplot for his Dracula movie started it off) but still, why must it be shoehorned in every time? It got real old real fast IMO.
Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...