All hail the Munsters!

Started by Wolfman, February 14, 2017, 03:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfman

I just started watching the Munsters season 1. I'm watching them in order, from episodes 1 through 70. Already completed 13, which was Beverley Owen's last as Marilyn Munster. This show never grows old, just better.

JP

LundyAfterMidnight

Munster Go Home, one of my favs!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Mord

Quote from: Wolfman on February 14, 2017, 03:09:52 AM
I just started watching the Munsters season 1. I'm watching them in order, from episodes 1 through 70. Already completed 13, which was Beverley Owen's last as Marilyn Munster. This show never grows old, just better.

JP
True! There was a lot of humor aimed at the adults at the time. It's great watching the episodes as a grown up. I can now get the bits I missed as a kid. Great show!

Wolfman

Quote from: Mord on February 14, 2017, 08:19:33 PM
True! There was a lot of humor aimed at the adults at the time. It's great watching the episodes as a grown up. I can now get the bits I missed as a kid. Great show!
I just loved that they thought everyone else was weird, and they were normal.

JP

Mord

Quote from: Wolfman on February 14, 2017, 09:32:04 PM
I just loved that they thought everyone else was weird, and they were normal.

JP
Yes, "Poor Marilyn", she just didn't inherit the Munster good looks.

Anthony Caranci

I love that show! I may just watch the entire series as well.

The jokes are still very funny even after all these years. If I had to pick a favorite episode -- I don't think that I could.

I really love "Rock-A-Bye Munster" because the episode unveils the Munster Koach.  "The Treasure of Mockingbird Heights" showcases the many aspects of greed hilariously.

I love Baseball, so naturally, "Herman The Rookie" is a favorite too. I'm so glad to be able to own a copy of the series and view it whenever I need a good laugh.

marsattacks666

Munsters, great classic television show. The episodes never get old, always entertaining.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

LugosiFan25

Been watching since I was a kid. Now I'm going to need a rewatch as well! "Darn! Darn! Darn!"
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

charp13

Sitting on the floor watching The Munsters, drinking chocolate milk, and playing with my Munsters paper dolls...ahhhh...the sweetest memories of my childhood.  I remember watching them and wanting to be a Munster, when I was in kindergarten.  The physical humor of the show was just as great as the jokes!  Man, I love it!  Now I must watch all the seasons in order!   :)

Wolfman

Quote from: charp13 on June 22, 2017, 05:34:41 PM
Sitting on the floor watching The Munsters, drinking chocolate milk, and playing with my Munsters paper dolls...ahhhh...the sweetest memories of my childhood.  I remember watching them and wanting to be a Munster, when I was in kindergarten.  The physical humor of the show was just as great as the jokes!  Man, I love it!  Now I must watch all the seasons in order!   :)
All 2 of them.

JP

charp13

Hahahaha!  I meant " episodes".  I just got all hyped up at the mere thought of watching them in order.  We have a local channel that plays them all out of order - as a filler show. 

Haunted hearse

I didn't care for "Munsters Today", but this is the model of the Munster house used in the series, I photographed a few years ago at Universal Studios.

When I went there back in the 1960's, they still had a recreation of the Munster house, the entry, and Grandpa's lab.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Wolfman

Quote from: Haunted hearse on June 23, 2017, 07:15:22 PM
I didn't care for "Munsters Today", but this is the model of the Munster house used in the series, I photographed a few years ago at Universal Studios.

When I went there back in the 1960's, they still had a recreation of the Munster house, the entry, and Grandpa's lab.
Would love to have that model house in my collection.

JP

Sean

I loved Paul Lyde as Herman's doctor.