Monsterpalooza: reports from the front

Started by raycastile, April 13, 2012, 01:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monster Bob

raycastile

Raymond Castile

fmofmpls

George Stephenson, Terry Ingram, Johnny Gilbert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

fmofmpls

Brian Kallenberg, Danny Roebuck, Terry Ingram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmofmpls

HARRY HAMMOCK

Great interview Ray!And great pics Terry,now for the live feed!I gotta go next year.

Marc-Barr

WOW! WHo makes the Cocteau Beast and Fredric March busts? Never seen them before. AWESOME! Anyone know?  LOVE the pictures by the way. Please post more!

Sean

jimm

Such a cool display guys, looks like a great time for all!

Rex Honey

The photos are amazing! I can only imagine how awesome it must be to be there in person. Jealous!

Python

Saturday night and my fanny is sore from all the great seminars back-to-back. It was a pleasure meeting fellow UMAers for breakfast this morning. Good company, good conversation. The show has been terrific. I like the way it's been more spread out. It has really seemed less crowded because there are more areas to fill with people. Still, the lines to get in have been insane. Glad I prepaid. That's the only way to go. This morning, the end of the line snaked completely around the building and had met up with the front of the line! The Mike Hill Jack Pierce figure is beyond description. The pics that have been posted came out great, but to see it in person? Oh, man!!! Mike was an excellent choice to appear on the Jack Pierce panel this afternoon. The Fright NIght panel was a highlight. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to be there. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

seed_murda

Man, you guys really did a awesome job with the display !!!!! Wish I could be there.  Let me know when there's gonna be one in Florida.
"A man who limits his interests limits his life."
— Vincent Price

AHI Creature

OK,  Here's my Monsterpalooza story and a link to a gallery of photos.  Got up at 6:00 drove down to Burbank from Santa Barbara for the UMA breakfast at Denny's across from Monsterpalooza.  Met Ray, Terry, Brian, Opera Ghost, Marsha and her son, I can't remember everyone's names...please post what photos you are in and your UMA names.  I brought a box of toys, and showed the gang the worlds biggest rubber gorilla, also got Ray's expert feedback on my AHI variants.  anyway, here are the photos:

http://gibsonpix.smugmug.com/Other/Monsterpalooza-2012/22451079_63rZfR

My other adventures you will see in the photos included talking UMA history and theory with Terry and Brian for a long time after breakfast then gave Terry a ride to the show as well as a rubber gorilla.  Waited 1 hour 57 min in line to get into the show, the line wrapped all the way around the building.  This show has way outgrown this venue.  Huge emphasis on makeup because of the monster makeup reality shows, several of which were filming at the show....got to see and photograph the awesome UMA display including Ray's famous Renzi car.  Saw a real werewolf pup.  Saw Danny Roebuck and got to see him mentor a young ventriloquist.

Bought a Mummy t-shirt from Lon Chaneys grand daughter.  Saw Eddie Munster.  Talked about a half hour with a builder and operator of a radio control R2D2. 

Feel free to post any comments or additions to the info about the photos.  Great Palooza!  And nice to meet all you UMA members.  Please feel free to download and print any of the photos.

monsterphile

Quote from: AHI Creature on April 15, 2012, 12:45:16 AM
OK,  Here's my Monsterpalooza story and a link to a gallery of photos.   

Beautiful photos there, Scott.  Thank you for bringing the members who are so far away, a little bit closer.  It's great to see fellow UMAers get together like that.  Some I recognize and some I don't, but the comraderie is there for sure.  I see that Coffin Ray and General Terry were up to some of their usual zany antics.  One of these days we've got to get Ray into a t-shirt.   >:D 

The UMA display this year was a great concept and extremely well-executed.  Kudos to the builders, the toy lenders, Acme, and the organizers.  It was great to see kids enjoying it and the rest of the con.  It's nice to know that Monster Kid-dom will continue.

Rob