Mad Monster Party, 3/23-25/2012!

Started by Count_Zirock, July 27, 2011, 12:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Man

First Count Zirock, thank you for posting this.  I don't alway hear about the other shows and conventions.  I would love to attend this.  I live in Virginia Beach so am not that far.  I have always enjoyed attending events in NC.  Folks there are always fun and friendly.  Not sure if I can attend depending on where I will be in the world.  I work a lot overseas.  But I truly hope you keep posting and keep the information coming.  If I am able I will be there.

Wolf Man out...
Even a man who is pure at heart......

Count_Zirock

I'll keep updating, WM. Hoping to get as many UMA'ers as possible to attend. But, you can always go to the 1st post and click the link to the MMP site to check for the latest info.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Count_Zirock

DAVID PROWSE ("A Clockwork Orange," "Horror of Frankenstein." "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad," "Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI") added to the guest list.

Count_Zirock

Rowdy Roddy Piper ("They Live," "Hell Comes to Frog Town") added to the guest list.

Tor

I'd love to be able to attend this.   I love the name!  Tell me, are any of these guys on the guest list?

MMP Opening.avi

Speaking of Rankin/Bass using the title of 'Mad Monster', I wonder if Henry Mancini was bothered about the theme song essentially ripping-off the Pink Panther theme? 
;)

Best,

Tor
"I dont care about pollution, I'm an air-conditioned gypsy, thats my solution.  Watch the police and the taxman MISS me!"
BEEP! BEEP!

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Tor on October 28, 2011, 03:04:57 PM
I'd love to be able to attend this.   I love the name!  Tell me, are any of these guys on the guest list?

MMP Opening.avi

You can always check for yourself.
Quote from: Tor on October 28, 2011, 03:04:57 PM
Speaking of Rankin/Bass using the title of 'Mad Monster', I wonder if Henry Mancini was bothered about the theme song essentially ripping-off the Pink Panther theme? 
;)

Best,
Tor
Q'est-que vous dit? I don't hear any similarity between the opening song of MMP and the main titles of TPP. MMP might bear a slight resemblance to the song "Sunlight of Paris" that plays over the opening scenes of "A Shot in the Dark," maybe. But not to the main titles of TPP.

Count_Zirock

Joe Turkel ("The Shining," "Bladerunner") added to the guest list.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Count_Zirock on October 30, 2011, 05:04:19 AM
Oops, jumped the gun on this one! He's not confirmed, yet.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Count_Zirock on October 30, 2011, 05:04:19 AM
Joe Turkel is, indeed, now confirmed as a guest!

Count_Zirock

Dee Wallace ("The Howling," "Cujo," "Critters," "E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial") has been confirmed.

Count_Zirock

Sara Douglas ("Superman," "Superman II," "Conan the Destroyer," "Babylon 5," "Stargate SG-1") has been confirmed to the guest list.

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Count_Zirock

Haunted hearse

I'm tempted.  The only bad thing is I work weekends 10PM to 7 PM, so I really have to think about this.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?