Does anyone remember The Funhouse?

Started by dctony, June 11, 2009, 03:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dctony

This was a creepy movie with a pretty cool looking monster. I first saw it with my company in bootcamp as a reward one week before graduating bootcamp 1981.

How about some memories, thoughts?

Dr.Teufel Geist

Is this the same movie that was based on Dean koontz book?
If so, then yeah I saw it.
Was there an axe weilding deformed looking guy trying to kill some teenagers.

Dr.Teufel Geist

The Creeper

Heck ya I remember it!  I have it on dvd and I believe Tobe Hooper directed it.  I always liked it.  I love the Wolfman poster in the little boy's bedroom in the begining.
Long live the UMA!

The Spangler

The deformed killer guy wore a Frankenstein mask throughout most of the movie, as I recall.  Another early '80's slasher flick to be (needlessly) remade. http://screencrave.com/2009-06-10/eli-roth-to-remake-the-funhouse/

dctony

Dr. Geist thanks for posting pics. I had read about the remake reminded me of the flick. I remember it being a pretty decent movie, produced by Universal. Also for you maskophiles what type of Frankenstein mask was the monster wearing?

Memphremagog

I remember this one fondly, from the last days of the drive-in..however, like many horror films, the book was much better.
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

BaronLatos35

I remember being in the 5th grade, a couple of friends and I got the VHS from an older sister and rode our bikes over to a house where there were no parents. Bursting with excitement, we pop it in the VCR and relished in the horror movie we were not supposed to see and we were doing it anyways. (being R rated meant something different back then). There we were cutting up in front of the TV, watching this movie called The Funhouse.

Haven't seen it since then, but man, great childhood memories.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

coughcool

I really like this Tobe Hooper classic. I like the poster you posted Dr.Teufel Geist.
"Soylent Green is People"

"Some folks like water, Some folks like wine, But I like a taste, Of straight strychnine."

"This Is Who We are"

BlackLagoon

Its cool that you posted, but I hated this movie. I remember I bought this movie on vhs when I was in my late teens...fridays after work is was ritual to head to my friends house watch a horror movie and drink as much beer as I could till I passed out. One friday I cashed my check and ran to Suncoast Video...member that place?? Awesome store. Anyway I bought this movie and thought it was a bore fest...to be honest I think I traded it to my friend for 2 more tall boys.

The idea though I always thought had much more potential.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Toy Ranch

I love that movie.  The deformed guy wore a Savage Eye Frankenstein mask.

clay.sayre

And give some love to William Finley (of Phantom of Paradise fame) as the carny barker..."Terrifying...terrifying...terrifying"

The Creeper

Quote from: clay.sayre on June 12, 2009, 10:24:32 PM
And give some love to William Finley (of Phantom of Paradise fame) as the carny barker..."Terrifying...terrifying...terrifying"
Yes!  Wasn't he also the main zombie at the end of Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things?  I have the dvd, I need to watch it again and find out.  But I think I read that it was William Finley.
Long live the UMA!

dctony

Quote from: Toy Ranch on June 12, 2009, 10:17:54 PM
I love that movie.  The deformed guy wore a Savage Eye Frankenstein mask.

Thanks, I'm impressed. By the way cool that was a cool mask.

dctony

Quote from: clay.sayre on June 12, 2009, 10:24:32 PM
He did a great job as the father. Creepy dude without any makeup.