My list of favourite garage rock tracks from the sixties!

Started by Hepcat, June 14, 2012, 12:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

packy120353

Hah! I kind of got carried away sorry NOt garage rock

Hepcat

Allhallowsday

If you want to view Paradise, simply look around and view it.

Hepcat

Allhallowsday

Hepcat

Allhallowsday

Hepcat

Dr.Cyclops

The Bad Seeds - A Taste of the Same
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
BTW The lead Guitarist would go on to Semi-stardom withe the Bubble Puppy
"A Castle without a Crypt is like a Unicorn without a Horn" ~ Professor Abronsius

Dr.Cyclops

The Haunted: 1-2-5 (1966) Montreal Garage band
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Highest Chart position #2 coming close to bumping the Stones out (#1 was the Rolling Stones -  Paint it Black)
"A Castle without a Crypt is like a Unicorn without a Horn" ~ Professor Abronsius

Hepcat

I don't recall hearing that one played in my neck of the woods. Nor can I find it in my CHUM Chart Book. Whereabouts did you grow up?

I like it though, and I love the blues harp front and center! That's something that most heavy metal bands in the last few decades lack.

:)

Mord

1. Stooges - T.V. Eye*
2. MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
3. Velvet Underground  - Waiting for the Man
4. Seeds - You're Pushing Too Hard
5. Stooges - I Wanna be Your Dog (Iggy deserves two or more)

* technically released in 1970

Dr.Cyclops

Quote from: Hepcat on June 07, 2019, 08:55:59 PM
I don't recall hearing that one played in my neck of the woods. Nor can I find it in my CHUM Chart Book. Whereabouts did you grow up?

I like it though, and I love the blues harp front and center! That's something that most heavy metal bands in the last few decades lack.

:)
Born and raised in Leslieville TO (GO RAPTORS!)
Discovered the Haunted years later (they were from Montreal) I wonder if they had CHOM charts?
Speaking of Toronto here's The Shays featuring David Clayton Thomas...Brainwashed (1966 )
(Americans should be forced to listen to this song)
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Hepcat

Quote from: Dr.Cyclops on June 09, 2019, 10:11:22 PMDiscovered the Haunted years later (they were from Montreal) I wonder if they had CHOM charts?

Strange The Haunted:

Quote from: WikipediaThe band grew to be one of the most in demand bands in Canada for the balance of the 1960s and into the early 1970s. (Founder Jurgen) Peter decided to fold the band in 1971, commenting as follows: "We were the most sought after and highest paid Canadian band for many years. When I folded the band in 1971, I had to cancel a whole year of advance bookings and it cost me a fortune in lawyer's fees to get out of some of them." At the time of the breakup, the band had a loyal fan club with thousands of members.

While The Haunted released seven singles in the 1966-68 period, only one self-titled LP was released in 1966.

:-\