Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 08, 2007, 11:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankenstein73

WHAT AM I ?!?!
heres a video of the magic monster in action!   ( why would you put when the saints go marching in on a axe murderer toy?) it works i guess.
Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

frankenstein73

Oh yeah and i picked up these vhs movies at the goodwill today .50 cents a piece!

Haunted hearse

Quote from: Neoplastic on June 16, 2011, 05:27:01 PM
I found this Pirate Ship this weekend in a specialty toy shop.  The clerk told me it is old store stock and I thought it resembled the Haunted Hulk.  I added the monsters that my wife got me as a stocking stuffer for x-mas from The Toy Soldier Company and voila, my own version of the Haunted Hulk!

It reminds me of the Haunted Hulk I bought as a kid, except the hull was Green, and the detailing was different (no skull and crossbones on the sails), or lanterns on the stern. 
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

monsterphile

Quote from: frankenstein73 on June 18, 2011, 12:54:35 AM
Oh yeah and i picked up these vhs movies at the goodwill today .50 cents a piece!

Now that the age of the VHS is pretty much dead (except to us!), some treasures can be found out there for cheap.  The LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS box art is amusing because they were obviously trying to capitalize on Jack's star power rather than Johnathan Haze, the real star of the film (after the plant).

Rob

Kenneth

Hey, that custom Haunted Hulk is pretty cool!   And that Magic Monster is going to give me nightmares.     :o

Haunted hearse

Quote from: frankenstein73 on June 18, 2011, 12:48:37 AM
WHAT AM I ?!?!
heres a video of the magic monster in action!   ( why would you put when the saints go marching in on a axe murderer toy?) it works i guess.

Well, if the monster is using his axe on folks, that might be the reason that the saints are now marching in.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

frankenstein73

Quote from: frankenstein73 on June 18, 2011, 12:42:27 AM
I just got this box of rubber face puppets  and another magic monster toy( i already had the boxed one) i love the art on the box and its full of 24 faces. i remember the seeing a bunch of different  puppets when i was a kid. i am looking for other face puppets if anybody has any for sale or trade. they have  4 holes in the back for your fingers. i know there is a frankenstein and a viking i need. the magic monster is one of the creepiest toys ive found.

If anybody has any pictures of different rubber face puppets id love to see them!

Neoplastic

Quote from: Gasport on June 16, 2011, 10:32:44 PM
Damn, that IS cool!! Great job combining the 2 different toys...really looks like they go together. You have a really good eye! Hows about some glow pics w/the lights off?

Thanks for all the compliments guys!  Unfortunately, the monsters only look like they glow in the dark, they are just molded in an eerie bright green plastic that does not glow.  I wish they did glow in the dark. Maybe I will write the Toy Soldier Company and see if he can do a special Universal Monster Army Glow Edition set of the monsters.  I know I would buy a couple more sets myself!

CreepysFan

Quote from: Bogey on June 05, 2011, 12:44:23 PM
Just won this lot on ebay....had these as a kid and used to use the raptor (blue one) as Godzilla.  Hours of fun.  Thanks Bobby for letting me know about these in a post many moons ago:

Sweet Dinos Bogey.  Wish I had seen this, I still need the Stegasaurus and T-Rex.  GREAT SCORE .
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Bogey

Quote from: CreepysFan on June 18, 2011, 11:34:50 PM
  Sweet Dinos Bogey.  Wish I had seen this, I still need the Stegasaurus and T-Rex.  GREAT SCORE .

If I come across another of each of those I will send them your way good brother. 

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

CreepysFan

Of course our little monkey Scatter would have the Bananas magazine.   ;)   I used to love Bananas, wish I still had mine. 
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

BaronLatos35

I had some of those as well...fun magazines to read.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Moonshadow

I don't remember Bananas, but I used to get Dynamite regularly.

I'd rather Scatter had his paws on bananas than dynamite.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Scatter on June 30, 2011, 01:37:16 PM
'Memba these??

I totally do! Reminds me of third to fifth grade.......Oh, and 7-11 Monster cups. ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."