MEGO-Dracula/Bela Lugosi

Started by marsattacks666, July 23, 2018, 04:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura of foreboding

Quote from: BRICK on July 30, 2018, 05:23:52 PM
AGGGHHH!!!!!  I swear, is Target in business to sell things and make a profit or is their goal just to torment fans???

I know!  They have more Megos online than ever before, but I have been refreshing every 10 minutes, and no Dracula!  So irritating. 

Wolfman

Quote from: BRICK on July 30, 2018, 05:23:52 PM
AGGGHHH!!!!!  I swear, is Target in business to sell things and make a profit or is their goal just to torment fans???
I'm going with the latter.lol

JP

aura of foreboding

Two more Target stops today.  Nada.  Nothing. 

Got up early to check Target.com.  Nada.  Nothing.  Been refreshing frequently.  Nothing. 

Anton Phibes

Good luck peeps. Even the scalpers are cheaping out. I bought one from a scalper one state away. I could've drove there and picked it up. Instead of paying for priority shipping (he charged me $10 to ship it to me), he must've sent it parcel post. Cause it is in Chicago now and is not expected to be here til Friday. I think its about time for me to quit collecting this crap,lol.  :laugh:

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 30, 2018, 05:00:29 AM
Shannon, are the Wolfman and Frankie all new (like Lugosi) or are they re-releases of the EMCE figures (like Sulu and Checkov?) I have heard the latter, and I wish for the former.

Paul hasn't stated anything about the sculpts, but I would be surprised if these aren't new. The ones he released last time aren't Chaney likenesses. Where did you hear that they are re-releases from the old line?

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on July 31, 2018, 03:38:25 PM
Paul hasn't stated anything about the sculpts, but I would be surprised if these aren't new. The ones he released last time aren't Chaney likenesses. Where did you hear that they are re-releases from the old line?

Either here, or perhaps at Mego forums. All speculation of course on the part of posting parties I'm sure. That's why I asked. The Wolfman I could see them possibly doing a re-release/re-paint kind of thing....but EMCE's Frankie was Glenn Strange to beat the band.

Do you think it's within the realm of possibility that Mego might venture into Dark Shadows territory....picked up where Specter left off?

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 31, 2018, 05:09:59 PM
Do you think it's within the realm of possibility that Mego might venture into Dark Shadows territory....picked up where Specter left off?

I hadn't even thought of that. Interesting idea!
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 31, 2018, 05:09:59 PM

I second the motion.  We never got Josette's Ghost, Quentin's Ghost, Vampire Angelique, Stokes, Willie, Liz, Roger...  Lots of great options there! 

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 31, 2018, 06:23:46 PM
I second the motion.  We never got Josette's Ghost, Quentin's Ghost, Vampire Angelique, Stokes, Willie, Liz, Roger...  Lots of great options there!
Maybe Martin will do it. Fingers crossed

aura of foreboding

Day Five.  My soul grows weary.  I am running low on food, supplies...  If I make it through this day, it will be a miracle.  So exhausted, I almost fall asleep, but I am awakened by the sound of savage beasts -- a reminder that I must stay alert if I am to accomplish my mission.    At times, I almost forget what that mission is, but the sight of unopened boxes in the toy aisles reminds me.  It is true that I have spent the last five days of my life in this unforgiving jungle filled with wild white animals with blazing red markings over their eyes.  But, I cannot give up.  Soon, they will stock the Megos.  I know it.   

Anton Phibes

Meanwhile, my scalper supplied edition is hanging on my wall with the Distinctive Dummie sDracula Wave awaiting the eventual announcement and arrival of the Jourdan Dracula figure to finish the display.

The mego is nice. I am glad I got it.  But there's no way in hades I would spend 5 days of my time running around trying to get one. Just easier to lose $20-25 for a scalper so he or she can buy a pizza. :angel:

aura of foreboding

Eh...  It's kind of fun since I have time off work.  At least it will be if I find one.  The really irritating thing is the online component.  If someone knew when Target was going to stock them online, or they made an announcement, it would make everything easier.  At least I can see what is happening in the stores.     

horrorhunter

With only 10K of these things they'll all be on the secondary market before you know it. Someone stated in one of these Mego-Drac threads (why 2 threads?) that everyone will end up with one that wants one, but the way things are now with this rampant scalping most people will have to pay 2 or 3 times retail. The only thing worse than throwing money at a scalper is driving yourself crazy trying to buy from Target. Buying toys used to be fun. Now it's too much aggravation. Honestly, if I hadn't gotten lucky and ordered during the slim window of opportunity from the Target website I would just tap out on this one.

Maybe the manufacturers and retailers will finally get a clue at some point about the large demand for classic monster merch with the disappearing Draculas and good sales last Halloween with some of the Monsterville items. There is profit to be made if they just put out the merch and make enough of it. It seems like they had rather just frustrate collectors than actually make money. Yeah, great marketing... make it aggravating to buy your product at a reasonable price and sour your customers.

I'm still wondering if my Drac will arrive from Target crushed in a padded envelope instead of being shipped properly in a box. Most retailers are either ignorant or just don't care about the condition of packaging. Fingers crossed and all that.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

aura of foreboding

I guarantee you I would be on the same boat as the rest of you if I were working this week.  I would be ticked off beyond belief.  But, you know, Mike's got his Creech, Anton's got his Wolf Man, M4S's got his Frank...  Bela's my favorite, so I make it as fun as possible giving it a scavenger type spin.  And I wouldn't be going every day if this were the Bride of Frankenstein or the Invisible Man.  haha     

The sad thing is that when people ask about Dracula on FB, MEGO just says keep checking back.  Wish they could give a definite future release day/time.

comixzombie

I got mine today. No Target I've been to has them on the floor yet, but they are in the backroom. Brickseek shows the box with Dracula(and two other characters) specifically in stock at literally every Target around me. I checked my local one and people had already pulled the Draculas from the back. So, I went to the next closest Target. And after talking to a lady who clearly didn't want to help(going so far as saying they didn't even have the box in the back when the first store told me they did) a different employee went to the back and bright back a Dracula for me. Don't be turned away by terrible employees. They have the figures. Though, there is the chance that people like me may have already snagged the Draculas.

But moving past all of that, it's a really great figure. I thought the pictures looked a little rough. But the clothes are well tailored, and the head and hands are really well sculpted(and the same skin tone!). This thing puts Diamonds version to absolute shame. I saw a guy on the Mego Museum forums say that he put his Mego Dracula in the Diamond Dracula's outfit. Which I've also considered doing. But I kind of like having both of Lugosi Dracula's looks in figure form.
The boys around here call it "The Black Lagoon"; a paradise. Only they say nobody has ever come back to prove it.