NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 06:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Given the ability for this type of "buck/generic" male body to be reusable, in reference the the Frankenstein Monster, they could offer Ghost, Frankenstein Meets Wolfman, House of (Glenn Strange) with the only new tooling being head sculpt. Personally I wish they would release differing heads same body for those films. one stop shopping. However, if they choose to do each individually (as SS did with their 1:6 line) I would support it.

My hope is for an Ultimate version of Wolfman, and Lugosi Dracula. Perhaps, with regards to Wolfman, the three head sculpts being the original make up, the make up from Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, and the make up from House of Dracula.

Barring that, a two pack of Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman with Bela stein would rock also.

I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I am a tad excited. Neca also has Hammer....so I am cautiously optimistic there as well. if they ever get Vincent Price and Harryhausen....over the moon.

EDITOR MFTV

Jim Clatterbaugh
Editor/Publisher MFTV
www.monstersfromthevault.com

Anton Phibes

There are people on a variety of forums trashing these sculpts and saying they look nothing like Karloff. These figures are cause for rejoicing for Uni fans in my opinion. To each their own I guess. I am not going to allow anyone to rain on my parade. Unless the Wolfman isn't done because of the Chaney fight. Then I may cry.

Count Zachula

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 12, 2021, 01:20:44 PM
There are people on a variety of forums trashing these sculpts and saying they look nothing like Karloff. These figures are cause for rejoicing for Uni fans in my opinion. To each their own I guess. I am not going to allow anyone to rain on my parade. Unless the Wolfman isn't done because of the Chaney fight. Then I may cry.

People say it looks nothing like Karloff? Have they even seen the film? FOOLS!

Palifan

Quote from: Hopefullygoodgrammar on February 11, 2021, 07:12:42 PM
Not sure how I feel about the headsculpts. They don't look quite right, not gaunt enough. I hope they do a retro-cloth version, and I hope we get some ultimates for Kharis and the Wolfman.

I'm with you on the retro-cloth version, I'd probably go for that and this is a great looking figure but just not quite for me. Happy days though for those who do like these as it sounds like there should be quite an assortment of these classic icons coming soon.

Ian

Dark Knight 1985

Ok so there we have it our second release for the Neca UM Ultimate figure line will be the Karloff Mummy with no Surprise there I figured they would go with both Karloff figures since again universal has the rights to him in the make up so it's just easier to go ahead and do them right away. I look forward to both  Karloff's Monster and Imhotep  as they look  just Flat out awesome and we only saw a teaser of this Mummy. I do believe the Unawakened  head will also come with an Awake Karloff sculpt and another expression right out the movie and who knows he may even come with the sarcophagus. Randy Falk however did mention you will see LOTS of figures made, just wait and see. So this is a whole  New time period With another Universal Monsters  collection , I know the colored variants will happen but I think I may collect the Silver Screen editions this time around as I have plenty of the Universal Monsters in color form from the Sideshow 8" and 12" and Diamond Select assortments.

deadonarrival

I'd like to see toony terrors of universal and hammer but not sure if the license NECA has allows for it.

the ugly insect

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 12, 2021, 01:20:44 PM

I have to say that shot floating around against the white background of the Karloff Frankenstein (the one that shows the main fig, all the variant heads and accessories) has me a little nervous as it does not look as good as the pro shots with the figure posed against background scenery. Somethings off - the paint apps, the lighting....I don't know it's the only shot where the head sculpts look a little off to me. I have faith in Neca so I'm hoping it's just a weird lighting issue with that image. The Mummy teaser looks amazing.

I really hope Bela Jr plays nice with Neca because not getting a Neca Lugosi Dracula would be a travesty. He's always working out licensing deals on a lot of sub par crap- this line really has the rare opportunity of dethroning the old 8" sideshows and I'd hate to see the lack of Lugosi hurt the line the way it did the Diamond select line a few years back.

Speaking of Sideshow and Diamond Select- my only gripe with this Neca line is the lack of bases for the figures. Those sideshow bases in particular really added an element of class to those figures and even the Diamond select ones were at least fun.

Demonomania

Quote from: Hopefullygoodgrammar on February 11, 2021, 07:12:42 PM
Not sure how I feel about the headsculpts. They don't look quite right, not gaunt enough.

Yeah, the jaw is too square. Hopefully they'll thin out the face on the final product.

The 1:12 Mezco still reigns for now...

Buzzybean

Farley Flavors

Quote from: John Pertwee on February 12, 2021, 05:32:15 AMCheapest I have seen so far is $29.99

NECA's Randy Falk confirmed to Toyark that $29.99 is the regular retail price. I've seen the prices of their Ultimate figures jump to $32.99 at Entertainment Earth recently, so I don't know what the deal is. I'm pretty sure they were $22.99 when I started collecting them four years ago.

Quote from: Anton Phibes on February 12, 2021, 10:25:29 AM
The sculptor posted his work, sans any factory paints, Tight sculpt!

Yes, Trevor Grove has such a talent. I'd like to go all in on this line, but I barely have any display space left. I'll need to pack up my Diamond Select figures to make room. I'd prefer color versions to B&W, so I might wait a bit to see what's in the pipeline. From this tweet yesterday, it's a good bet they'll end up releasing both versions:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1360301531514372098

Count Zachula

Quote from: Dark Knight 1985 on February 12, 2021, 07:58:41 PM
Ok so there we have it our second release for the Neca UM Ultimate figure line will be the Karloff Mummy with no Surprise there I figured they would go with both Karloff figures since again universal has the rights to him in the make up so it's just easier to go ahead and do them right away. I look forward to both  Karloff's Monster and Imhotep  as they look  just Flat out awesome and we only saw a teaser of this Mummy. I do believe the Unawakened  head will also come with an Awake Karloff sculpt and another expression right out the movie and who knows he may even come with the sarcophagus. Randy Falk however did mention you will see LOTS of figures made, just wait and see. So this is a whole  New time period With another Universal Monsters  collection , I know the colored variants will happen but I think I may collect the Silver Screen editions this time around as I have plenty of the Universal Monsters in color form from the Sideshow 8" and 12" and Diamond Select assortments.

I feel like its just the lighting.  In the actual film we never see the monster under super bright LED lights. I'm sure with natural lighting on anyone's toy shelf they will look great.

Lazarus

They just posted this with the caption 'BEE Mine'

If this means Drac, I am so ready for this line.

Dark Knight 1985

Neca's third figure will be an Ultimate Lugosi Dracula ! Finally Bela will be released early in a Universal Monsters Line! I had a feeling it was going to be announced on the 14th which makes sense because that's when the movie was released 90 yrs ago today. I hope within the next couple days we see more images of Dracula and the Mummy figures. This line is already kicking off strong. Has anyone pre ordered their Karloff Frankenstein Monster if so from
Which website?

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Lazarus on February 14, 2021, 01:40:16 AM
...  They just posted this with the caption 'BEE Mine'

If this means Drac, I am so ready for this line. 

I guess that's better than Jerusalem Cricket Mine - or Potato Bug (which is what we called them as kids) Mine.
ADAM