Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 08, 2007, 11:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammett1

Excellent finds fellow monster hunters. Thank you all for sharing.  Peace.
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

raycastile

Earlier this year, it seemed like there was a flurry of these hitting the market one after the other.  I skipped the first couple that turned up, knowing that friends were bidding on them.  Then this one appeared.  In a low, reverberating voice, he said, "Raymond... buy me.  Buy me now."  He was persuasive.  So here he is, nestled into the black void that is my collection.

Raymond Castile

raycastile

This item will be in the UMA Display at Wonderfest.

Raymond Castile

The Phantom Creep

Shannon, I had seen the Frankenstein candle before because I already owned one! I guess you forgot, but my good friend Bob had found one for me years before in a thrift store if you can believe that!! And while it had been used a little, the inside of his head is down a bit and it has a few scuffs and dents here and there, it's still in great shape. Also the one I got from Bob is a very dark green while the one I got from Mark is the usual orange brown color. Not sure what the story is there.

You can see them both in the photo below. By the way this case no longer looks like this.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

raycastile

Those chained monsters are cool.  So those are the cards for those Monster Squad bendies.  They remind me of Monster Meanies cards for some reason, even though the artwork is not remotely similar.
Raymond Castile

The Phantom Creep

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that you had never seen the cards for the Monster Squad guys. Well there you go. Now in exchange for my showing you that, if you'll just kindly drop that loose Frankie in the mail...  ;)
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

monsterphile

Phantom Creep,

What's on the cover of that magazine (?) Foto-Rama(?) on the far right?

Rob

Toy Ranch

I'm REALLY happy today, because my Mummy Monster Candy Cigarettes box made it and now something I've been searching for, for YEARS is added to my collection.

And older set and a newer set

The really early ones actually said "cigarettes" on them, but the Mummy was discontinued in the 60's and they just don't show up very often.

poseablemonster

That's awesome, Bobby.  Great score!

Bogey

Coolness.  You are just filling in your collection with some gems lately, Bobby. 

hammett1

Nice find Bobby.  It's fulfilling to complete a series in a collection.  Thank you for sharing.  Peace.
hammett1

"In front of me stood a GORILLA in a hat"

poseablemonster

This is my wife's find - today at a yard sale she found an old Topstone Gorilla mask.  I'm trying to talk her into giving it to me, but she's pretty good friends with Ray; so who knows...

Toy Ranch

Nice one, Andy!  Great score.  Buy her some flowers and give her a foot rub. ;)

tv horror

Andy you frightened the life out of me there, I just read the first few words and I thought you said "This is my wife !!!! Phew.
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

poseablemonster

Quote from: tv horror on April 17, 2009, 07:33:55 PM
Andy you frightened the life out of me there, I just read the first few words and I thought you said "This is my wife !!!! Phew.
LOL!  Gotcha!