Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 04, 2018, 10:47:22 PM
I think he looks like Eddie Robinson. "M'yah, see!"

Yeah.  That occurred to me, too.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 04, 2018, 05:33:32 PM
I hate exclusives that you have to travel a thousand miles to get! All the resellers will be there, carting them off by the wheelbarrow full! They are already taking orders for the figures, on eBay, for 50 bucks each!

Damn! $25 for a felt pennant!? Those would be overpriced at 10!

ADAM

Palifan

A word of advise would be to wait until con ends and then check Entertainment Earths site under Super7 as they usually put up some of the con exclusives for sale. I've seen this happen for the last few years although you do need to be on it as they can all out. Also super7 put some things up if they didn't sell out as well but there's normally a slight delay after con has finished so it's harder to tell when they'll go up.

It's just not worth getting caught up in the ebay flippers as I've found in the past that I end up resenting the item slightly and I've been caught out paying a premium for something and then it showing up on EE a few days later, it's worth just keeping an eye on their site (I remember one year the items going up on the Sunday evening, just as con ended).

Hope that might help a few of you out there and given time all of this stuff seems to end up at the right price, people just can't wait and get caught up in the CC madness.

Ian

Mike Scott

Quote from: Palifan on July 05, 2018, 01:23:12 AM
A word of advise would be to wait until con ends and then check Entertainment Earths site

Do you know when the con ends?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Palifan

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 05, 2018, 01:50:30 AM
Do you know when the con ends?

SDCC is from July 19 to Sunday July 22. I do remember Entertainment Earth putting up some Super7 con exclusives on the Sunday night one year. I would keep an eye on their site over that weekend, especially from maybe 5pm when the con ends.

I can't guarantee that things will appear then but it did happen at least once before and normally things do appear there quite soon after the end of the con.

Hopefully you will get lucky and also it's worth checking in with the Super7 site as they've also been known to put things up there.

I'll drop a note here if I notice anything.

Ian

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

LordMudd

Of all of the monsters out there, the one I have never liked is the Zombie, and I never really knew why until today. I got my customizable zombie figure in the mail and went on Google to get some ideas and that was when it hit me. The modern zombie is a product of science gone wrong whereas the original movie zombie was a product of magic which required effort and energy, which is why you only saw them 1 or 2 at a time. I guess I am just old fashioned about zombies, and THAT was when I had the perfect idea for a zombie action figure.....Bernie!

CCC.

Mike Scott

Quote from: LordMudd on July 06, 2018, 05:25:04 PM
Of all of the monsters out there, the one I have never liked is the Zombie

Are you sure you're in the right thread?
CREATURE FAN

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 06, 2018, 05:33:04 PM
Are you sure you're in the right thread?

It's never the wrong thread to diss zombies. 

horrorhunter

Bernie Wrightson made me appreciate the lowly Zombie.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Remco Wolfman

Yeah...so Super 7, Universal Monsters and stuff like that ...

zombiehorror

Quote from: LordMudd on July 06, 2018, 05:25:04 PM
The modern zombie is a product of science gone wrong whereas the original movie zombie was a product of magic which required effort and energy, which is why you only saw them 1 or 2 at a time.

Blame Mary Shelley, she created the original science gone wrong zombie.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: zombiehorror on July 06, 2018, 08:23:25 PM

Blame Mary Shelley, she created the original science gone wrong zombie.

That's like saying Dracula is a zombie.  The Monster is in a category of its own, especially since it was a new life in a new body.  Still, you are right about Shelley opening the science can of worms.   

zombiehorror

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 06, 2018, 08:41:55 PM
That's like saying Dracula is a zombie.

Incorrect; a vampire is living dead but has its own set of supernatural rules.  Zombies are dead bodies brought back to life by various means; and have been shown to walk, run, talk, think, etc. depending on the source material.