After Years of Delay Mad Max:Fury Road is Actually Filming Right Now

Started by emazers, July 05, 2012, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

depressedlarrytalbot

And filming in Namibia? Weird. Australia has stood in for a lot of other places over the last few years [Metropolis - SUPERMAN RETURNS, Maine - SALEM'S LOT remake, to name but two] but that's the first time I can recall off-hand somewhere else standing in for Australia.   Why, it's almost - an affront. :laugh:

Scatter

Quote from: depressedlarrytalbot on July 05, 2012, 09:16:51 PM
And filming in Namibia? Weird. Australia has stood in for a lot of other places over the last few years [Metropolis - SUPERMAN RETURNS, Maine - SALEM'S LOT remake, to name but two] but that's the first time I can recall off-hand somewhere else standing in for Australia.   Why, it's almost - an affront. :laugh:

It's such an affront I'm taken aback.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

depressedlarrytalbot

I know! Right?  ;)
We were evidently the significant economic overlap between First and Third World for film production companies - but not no mo' !!

depressedlarrytalbot


Scatter

Is there a Mel Gibson cameo in this?? Is he the last Gentile on earth fending off the Jewish Horde? I just can't watch anything with this creep in it any more. He goes right into the Tom Cruise/Alec Baldwin/Keanu Reeves dungheap.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

depressedlarrytalbot

None apparently. And I quite understand. Britain's EMPIRE magazine did a 'reunion' article on the LETHAL WEAPON movies recently and brought together Richard Donner, Danny Glover and Gibson for reminisces and happy snaps. Good article, but this reader felt Mel's latter-day 'activities' clouded the piece like the proverbial elephant in the room.

Dr. Madd

Well, part of the Road Warrior was filmed in Spain. And the History Channel "Hatfields and McCoys" Was filmed in Romania.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

depressedlarrytalbot

Quotepart of the Road Warrior was filmed in Spain

That's news to me Doc ..... where'd you see that?  ???

Moonshadow

Quote from: Scatter on July 05, 2012, 09:59:40 PM
Is there a Mel Gibson cameo in this?? Is he the last Gentile on earth fending off the Jewish Horde? I just can't watch anything with this creep in it any more. He goes right into the Tom Cruise/Alec Baldwin/Keanu Reeves dungheap.

Quote from: depressedlarrytalbot on July 05, 2012, 10:04:08 PM
None apparently. And I quite understand. Britain's EMPIRE magazine did a 'reunion' article on the LETHAL WEAPON movies recently and brought together Richard Donner, Danny Glover and Gibson for reminisces and happy snaps. Good article, but this reader felt Mel's latter-day 'activities' clouded the piece like the proverbial elephant in the room.

It's a shame, I loved Road Warrior when I was in my late teens and would still watch it occasionally until it was apparent what a major-league jerk Gibson is. Just ruins the movie for me now.

Count_Zirock

I think they were originally supposed to shoot in South Africa back in November 2001, with Gerard Butler as Max. But, after Sept. 11th, they couldn't get financing, and insurance wouldn't allow them to shoot in a largely Islamic country after the terrorist attacks.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Scatter

Quote from: Moonshadow on July 06, 2012, 12:55:08 AM
It's a shame, I loved Road Warrior when I was in my late teens and would still watch it occasionally until it was apparent what a major-league jerk Gibson is. Just ruins the movie for me now.

Me too Sis......
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Fester

Quote from: Count_Zirock on July 06, 2012, 01:43:00 AM
I think they were originally supposed to shoot in South Africa back in November 2001, with Gerard Butler as Max. But, after Sept. 11th, they couldn't get financing, and insurance wouldn't allow them to shoot in a largely Islamic country after the terrorist attacks.

But South Africa is about 80% Christian. Moslems count for less than 2% of the population.

Not too sure why anyone would want to film a Mad Max movie in Africa.  The first three were filmed in Australia.  Mad Max, around Melbourne; Mad Max 2 (AKA Road Warrior) Broken Hill NSW; Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome, mostly around Coober Pedy South Australia and New South Wales.  So why Africa?

But Apparently it is on . . .and in Namibia ???
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/index.html

Guess what, Kids?  Australia is now too green!  Yep, it seems that the recent flooding down under has made the place all wet and too lush and prettified.  So, its off to Namibia . . .
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/193487/20110806/mad-max-4-fury-road-broken-hill-george-miller-tom-hardy-charlize-theron.htm

Dr. Madd

To be fair, The Road Warrior was mostly filmed in Australia, around Broken Hills to be exact.  I kept thinking I had read somewhere that the Road Warrior was partly filmed in Spain and/or North Africa, but I cannot find that info now, but I do know that Broken Hills and Coober Pedy were used in filming the series.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

horror1o1

Is anyone else thinking this is too little too late? I was wanting another Mad Max decades ago. And with out Mel who is gonna be able to fully buy into it? I would rather seen a story of Old Mad Max then some other actor in the role. Same with Snake Plissken , and Ash.
It's all about the Horror.