Does anyone remember these? Mattel Gulpers

Started by Gaberax, September 13, 2013, 05:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaberax

I have literally been looking for these for years but didn't know what they were called.  I had the Frog? one when I was a kid.  Loved it.  Recently saw one on Ebay.  Can't afford the $250 right now but it was good to finally, FINALLY, solve the mystery.

Anyone ever seen one in the wild? :)

Grrr...

Wicked Lester

These came out when I was 10(looked it up) and I absolutely have never seen one before now.  What was the purpose of these? did they attach to a cup or a cereal bowl?

Monolith

I had the gorilla pictured above back when they came out and had completely forgotten their name, too, until a
while back when I came across one and bought it. so, now I have the gorilla again. He is in a plastic bag with a header card. I know they also came in boxes, too, though. You release the handle and the big creature retracts his tongue and eats the little creature. They have nice 1970 color and design on both the toy and the packaging.

jim m

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetjimbo/6755870165/#

Really bizarre toy. Picked mine up for 5 bucks on ebay and the seller offered me a boxed one for free because it took so long to send out the package. Should have taken that offer.

jimm

Wow, scroll thru jim m flicker pics if you got some time!!!

jerod

Just picked up the gorilla one today with a rough box. Very weird item!

jerod

Hepcat

Wow, cool!

8)

What other Gulpers were released?

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

jerod

There looks to be a lizard too.
jerod

jerod

Have this on an eBay listing that ends the evening of May 19th.
jerod

Monsters For Sale

Nifty-keen!

Wonder if they made a frog with a fly?
ADAM

drmark7

Rare as hen's teeth. I saw these BOXED at a local dealer/hardware that had the towns best toy selection when they came out. Can't recall the different ones. I found an unboxed GORILLA at an estate sale a few years ago. Ending a decades long quest to find one. It was $8. They told me they, "looked it up" and knew it was rare. At about the same time were Mattel SQUISHIES. Rubber figures filled with WAX that you "squished" and they changed shape. Only place I ever saw them was Lazarus at Eastland Mall in Columbus, Ohio c.1970. I'm sure there were MANY Mattel and other company toys that received very limited (probably TEST) marketing.
*_*_*
Questions?/Comments? * This Has Been e-mail From:
"Dr. Mark" Hill * The Doctor Of Pop Culture