1964 Revell Ed Roth Mr Gasser slot car on ebay

Started by Gasport, November 30, 2010, 05:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weldonmc

This is an original 1963 issue I bought and restored.

Here's a list of things I did to the original kit:

1.  Tonneau cover w/ 20 pinhead snaps

2.  Radiator with upper and lower tanks

3.  Grill shell and radiator are pinned to the front x-mbr.

4.  Boxed the rear frame rails

5.  Molded in the upper cowl ...both outside and inside

6.  Steering column and shifter arms are plastic covered wire rod

7.  Used a real 5/16" die for shift knob

8.  Finger and toenails clipped, filed, and detailed with 3 colors

9.  Added the dirty blonde hair ...he looks like SHAWN CONNERY now

10.  Painted the wide whites

11.  ALCLAD II chrome paint

12.  Orange pearl paint with a catalyzed automotive polyurethane clear

13.  Added a wrist bracelet (covers the seam at his wrist so it still turns)

14.  Flame decals under clear top coat

15.  Added a larger axle tube fitted between rear frame rails

16.  Face and head pimples pusified

17.  Molded in all of the seams

18.  Drilled holes for the exhaust pipes in the block then added exhaust header flanges to support all 8 of them

19.  Added a filler neck and gas cap to the gas tank

20.  I also glued a flat bar in the bottom of the '23T. The figure straddles it and a screw was screwed up between his legs making this a one piece model ...pick the figure up and the car comes with it.

21.Added a distributor and plug wires.

I painted the B/GS to cover up a spot in the clearcoat that I touched with my thumbnail while the paint was still wet ...it's under the GS and is not noticeable now.

Anyway ...hope you like it ...Weldon
I love building and painting RAT FINK models

Hepcat

Quote from: weldonmc on February 26, 2011, 02:46:05 AM

9.  Added the dirty blonde hair ...he looks like SHAWN CONNERY now

Yes! My thoughts exactly!

;)

You've made "Big Daddy" proud. He'd shake your hand were he still alive. I'm glad your finished kits are preserved in public museums. That's where they deserve to be.

Have you ever tried your hand at Hawk Weird-Ohs or Monogram Fred Flypogger kits?

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

weldonmc

Hey HEPCAT ...I did build a Drag Hag for a guy and I have an orginal Wade A Minut that I built for another guy and never got paid for it, I have all of them and hope to build them sometime. I bought a Fred Flypogger Flip Out in '67 and did not like it much ...there just wasn't any detail like the Finkk kits had. I wished I had all of the Fred Flogger kits now I really like the way they look.

Hepcat

Quote from: weldonmc on February 26, 2011, 04:32:40 PM
I bought a Fred Flypogger Flip Out in '67 and did not like it much ...there just wasn't any detail like the Finkk kits had. I wished I had all of the Fred Flogger kits now I really like the way they look.

I agree that the Revell "Big Daddy" Roth Fink kits are nore detailed than either the Hawk Weird-Ohs or the Monogram Fred Flypogger kits and the "Big Daddy" kits are my favourites. I still like and want them all though!

8)

weldonmc

My inspiration for "Stealin' da Cheese!" came from a similar buildup Rat Fink by Jim Johnson posted on Chuck Kaparich's website:

http://kaparich.homestead.com/rothkits.html

..."THANK YOU Jim".

The arms and feet were removed from the RF kit, holes filled, and replaced with arms and feet from a Superfink kit. The sledge was made from shrub branches that I had trimmed and the head covers were from a piece of 50 year old chamois my Dad had. The Last Ride rat trap was scratch built from pine and brass tubing and rod, painted, then smashed with a hammer. The rat cheese is Sculpy clay.

Finished ...Here he is with his base/walls, Black/Gray hair, drool, the smashed "Last Ride" Rat Trap, tail bandage, and fly!

lappys22

Hepcat

Score one for the rat!

8)

Gasport

UNBELIEVABLE! You've raised the original ''low brow'' concept to HIGH ART... Too bad you can't market these beauties!

Monolith

Great job on the models, I especially like the drool and the fly.

weldonmc

Thanks a bunch guys, Most of my enjoyment comes from thinking up things I can add to them and figuring out how to do it.

Here is a Mr. Gasser I built for an artist in NY. He told me that when visitors come into his studio ...they go straight to the display cabinet with the seven FINKS that I have built for him ...too cool.

Hope you like this one ...Weldon

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Hepcat

That does more than justice for the box art!

8)

curseofthewerewolf

Those are awesome!!!! Had to send the link to my son. I know he'll get a kick out of them, too!

weldonmc

Thanks guys ...them's some pretty nice comments and they mean alot to me! I'm really glad that I get to show them to you here.

My other passion is finding FINK drawings on the Internet and coloring them. I've been doing this for 10-12 years and I have almost 550 B/W pictures and I've colored almost 450 of those. I bought a set of PRISMACOLOR Pencils about 8 years ago and I found what I had been looking for all of my life ...I love them!. The colors are very bright, and you can even blend them with their colorless blending pencil and create an endless amount of different colors.

Here are a few...

...and of course I've ran across quite a few MOUSE pictures too.

Hepcat

Very cool pics! Ed Newton was the artist who drew most of the T-shirt designs and did the magazine ads for "Big Daddy" Roth in the sixties. Have you ever coloured a "Sly Fox" or a "Thou Shalt Drag - Help Promote Street Racing" picture?

I have this "Big Daddy" Roth Coloring Book:

I also made a copy of it but have yet to colour any of the pictures. Another thing I could do is scan some of the pics, colour them in Photoshop and turn them into T-shirts for myself.

8)