Previous topic - Next topic

Memphremagog

Earth vs the Spider(1958)
The Brain Eaters(1958)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

LinkandSheik

Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein. I'd seen all the other monster mash films, but it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I finally saw this.
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Mike Scott

Everybody, around here, loves Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein! It's the perfect blend of classic horror and slapstick comedy!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) In honor of Tobe Hooper
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

The Atomic Man(1956)
Phantom Of the Opera(1943)
From Hell It Came(1957)
The Disembodied(1957
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

zombiehorror

From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series~Got to watch some more of these.  The beginning of the series is more action-drama than horror but there are a few horror elements.  By episode 7 though the horror really picks up, this episode pretty much encases the events of the film; lots of blood and gore....a little T&A too.  From there it seems to expand on the film with backstory and motivations for the events.  Looking forward to more episodes.

Creepy

Check out my Vintage posters and Masks at The Haunted Cinema

Maceo1

I am being watched, by blind people.

LugosiFan25

Experiment in Terror (1962)
The Birds (1963) - my first time seeing this one. This may be sacrilegious, but this may be one of the most overrated films of all time.
Murders in the Rue Morgue (1932)
Brides of Blood (1968)
Daughter of Horror (1955)
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Mike Scott

Quote from: LugosiFan25 on August 28, 2017, 09:27:04 AM
The Birds (1963) - my first time seeing this one. This may be sacrilegious, but this may be one of the most overrated films of all time.

Really? What didn't you like about it? Story? Acting? Directing? Lack of a Herrmann score?
CREATURE FAN

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 28, 2017, 10:06:46 AM
Really? What didn't you like about it? Story? Acting? Directing? Lack of a Herrmann score?

Didn't think there was much of a story. I thought the acting was a little weak and the ending just left me cold.

Bear in mind, I'm not the world's biggest Hitchcock fan, although I enjoy many of his films.

Mike Scott

Quote from: LugosiFan25 on August 28, 2017, 01:16:46 PM
Bear in mind, I'm not the world's biggest Hitchcock fan . .

I suppose that does make a difference. I've seen all of his movies, except a couple of lost silent.

There weren't a lot of complicated plot twists. Just what happens to the people when all the birds attack this community. There's no neat wrap up, 'cause nobody ever finds out why it happened.
CREATURE FAN

Maceo1

QuoteThere's no neat wrap up, 'cause nobody ever finds out why it happened.
But it is assumed that the birds win , and take over the world. ( or at least California)
I am being watched, by blind people.

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Mike Scott on August 28, 2017, 04:20:14 PM
I suppose that does make a difference. I've seen all of his movies, except a couple of lost silent.

There weren't a lot of complicated plot twists. Just what happens to the people when all the birds attack this community. There's no neat wrap up, 'cause nobody ever finds out why it happened.

I suppose it's just been built up for me after all these years, and now finally seeing it, I was just disappointed. I was expecting more I suppose.

I just need to go watch Dial M for Murder or The Lodger again. Love those films.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Maceo1 on August 28, 2017, 04:31:54 PM
But it is assumed that the birds win , and take over the world.

I never assumed that. There's really nothing to indicate that there will be another attack. It just kind of leaves you to wonder. Was that the whole story, or just the beginning!
CREATURE FAN