TV on DVD What are you watching now?

Started by Wicked Lester, February 23, 2013, 07:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

"Mystery Science Theater 3000" Collection, Vol. XXXIII.
Incredible to think they're up to 33 sets already! That's 132 episodes. I think they almost did 200. 198 or 199, I'm not quite sure. I don't think Toho will ever let them release the two Godzilla films they did, though.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y336-A1 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Memphremagog

True Blood season six
Night Gallery season two
Doctor Who season sixteen
Lost Tapes season one
Star Trek TOS season three
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Anthony Caranci

Right now I'm watching Batman The Animated Series. Volume 3. I've been watching them for the past week. Already been through Volumes 1 & 2.
I just love retirement.

I really love how Warner Bros. Animation has handled the DC Universe.

Anthony Caranci

Saturday afternoon:

The Untouchables 1959 - Season 1 Disc # 4 episodes:

You Can't Pick the Number.
The Underground Railway.
Syndicate Sanctuary.
The Noise of Death.

Monsters For Sale

I'm watching all of Science Fiction Theatre's 78 episode, 2-year run from fall of 1955 to spring of 1957.

For so many years nothing but terrible pirated copies of the shows that aired on TV were out there.  Now they have been given an official DVD release by Shout Factory and MGM, using the best available source material.  They look great and sound even better - Unlike color, sound doesn't fade with time.

Makes me feel like I am 10 years old all over again.

ADAM

Memphremagog

American Horror Story season 1
Doctor Who season 22
Agent Carter season 1
Voyage To the Bottom Of the Sea season 4
The Outer Limits season 1
Night Gallery season 3
DARK SHADOWS:

ChristineBCW

Monsters, thanks for the tip about SCI FI THEATER.  I never knew such a thing existed but it's on order now and even American Hubby was unaware, probably because he grew up in a one-station town that never purchased this syndicated show.

Monsters For Sale

This is the show that Marty McFly's father mentions in "Back To the Future".

Even today, hearing the first three notes of the heroic theme gives me the same kind of kick as hearing the first four notes of Beethoven's 5th.

ADAM

ChristineBCW

I'm wading thru NIGHT GALLERY at the moment.  Not quite as evenly attracting as TWILIGHT ZONE, but maybe the hour-long format is the issue.  It's easy for me to watch 2-3 TZ's together, but those Season 4 hour-longs don't compel rewatchings like the 30-min tales do.  This may be a clue to my impatience with NIGHT GALLERY episodes, but I've only gotten thru 8.  Maybe they'll pick up. 

TZ was loaded with tons of familiar supporting-cast faces, too, whereas NIGHT GALLERY's supporting cast (the non-stars) is sometimes unknown-to-me (mid-60s actors starting out, as opposed to TZ's use of support-actors from the '40s and '50s).  NIGHT GALLERY seems to have loaded up on Stars, but lightened up on known-to-me supporting cast'ers.

I can indeed imagine NIGHT GALLERY's opening moments of its theme would gather attention and memories.  I've sometimes believed the '50s and '60s put a larger emphasis on catchy theme music rather than later TV series, but maybe that's unfair - I know HIGHWAY PATROL and UNTOUCHABLES, FUGITIVE, REAL McCOYS, MY FAVORITE MARTIAN, MUNSTERS, etc have ingrained themselves almost immediately upon my first-ever watchings, whereas I'd be hard-pressed to pick out anything other than FRIENDS and SEINFELD as 'contemporary' show themes.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Type3Toys

Just spent some time with Dark Shadows. Was watching the Chris Jennings as the werewolf story line.

Memphremagog

Time Tunnel season one
American Horror Story season four
Doctor Who season 23
DARK SHADOWS:

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

Not horror or sci-fi, but I'm 3 episodes in on Boardwalk Empire and I'm loving it.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...