What Horror Board Games Have You Owned?

Started by The Creeper, May 04, 2009, 10:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Creeper

When I was a kid I had some cool horror type games I wish I still had, and they were:
Jaws
Superstition
I Vant To Bite Your Finger
Bigfoot
Disney's Haunted Mansion
Which Witch
Beware The Spider
Dungeon ( a D&D board game)

More recent ones I still own are:
Atmosphere
Atmosphere3
Long live the UMA!

BaronLatos35

Maybe not Horror, but:

Escape From New York.

One of my favorite movies of all time (big fan of Carpenter's movies), Snake Plissken was the man when I was 9 years old (he still is). I remember the crazies creeped me out back then, so there's the Horror!

I also had a game called Ghosts.
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

monsterphile

Off of the top of my head I can't remember any games from my younger days (for now anyway).  Now I have the Hangman with Vincent Price on the box and the King Kong cartoon game.  I have the Wolf Man game, but the box ix in rough shape.  When I get a chance and check to see what else I have boxed up.  I know that there's a bunch that I WANT, but isn't that always the case?

Rob

neonnoodle

Ah...I did trade some stuff for a Haunted Mansion board game once, it was really gorgeous.    Way back, I had a Creature Features game, gorgeous, now that was a beautiful thing, and a Shrieks and Creaks, which always amused me with the tape cassette and the "talking tombstone"...
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

artistguy

I also really enjoyed the Haunted Mansion Game.... and I do remember a game called Kabola or something like that, I was so young for the life of me can't remeber what Kabola (may not be spelled right) was about...??? Anyone?

BlackLagoon

I didnt really play it, I used to get them for the artwork and the stories but D&D had a campaign called Ravenloft which revolved around horror and monsters, cool stuff.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

preyer

i remember having this jaws thing where you had to pluck items from a shark's mouth before it snapped shut. other than the regular board games, i honestly can't remember the others. i enjoyed making my own games up based around fantasy and a little horror thrown in for good measure. i've seen some here that blows me away.

ChattyLMS

Quoteand I do remember a game called Kabola or something like that, I was so young for the life of me can't remeber what Kabola (may not be spelled right) was about... Anyone?

Of course we had the good old Ouiji board.  I had Kabola also.  I don't remember how it was spelled.  It was really cool!  It had this giant plastic thing that you put Tarot cards in all around the plastic thing.  You put a marble in this slot and you put your hand on either end of the plastic thing.  Then It worked like a Ouiji board.  There might have been letters and numbers on it by the cards.  In the middle and set above the plastic thing was this giant eyeball that was weighted such that the eye would follow the marble.  100% cool!
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

artistguy

Hey Chatty.. THAT'S IT... I was  totally into that eye... my brother was 3 years older and had that game.. I use to watch his friends  play all the time... it was creepy...:) Thanks for finding that.. if it had the cards I'd buy it..LOL!

Bizarro Jeff

I don't remember any games from when I was a young 'un, but I do have a Halloween "monopoly" game, as well as the "Vampire" Game from Hasbro (?) a few years back?  It has the tower with red and blue lights in it??

Bizarro Jeff
Some things are better not seen, some things are better lost than found...

The Creeper

Quote from: Bizarro Jeff on May 05, 2009, 07:21:56 PM
     I don't remember any games from when I was a young 'un, but I do have a Halloween "monopoly" game, as well as the "Vampire" Game from Hasbro (?) a few years back?  It has the tower with red and blue lights in it??

Bizarro Jeff
I forgot, I have the Vampire Hunter game too!  I gonna have to go play it now! ;D
Long live the UMA!

HARRY HAMMOCK

Barnabus Collins Game,Dark Shadows game,Green Ghost game and a King Kong game based on the 76 movie.Also Creature Feature.Still own um.

hammerfan

Green Ghost was fun. Cause you could play it in the dark!  Scary!
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

ChattyLMS

QuoteHey Chatty.. THAT'S IT... I was  totally into that eye... my brother was 3 years older and had that game.. I use to watch his friends  play all the time... it was creepy... Thanks for finding that.. if it had the cards I'd buy it..LOL

Hi Artistguy!
I loved that great big eye, too.  That totally made the game.  The bottom part of mine was the same color as the iris of the eye.  The bottom part of this one is a much darker green. 
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)