Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreepysFan

Watched "The Spook Speaks" and "The General", both staring Buster Keaton.  The first one is a creepy comedy-mystery taking place in a haunted Magician's house.  The second is my favorite Buster Keaton movie.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Bogey

Quote from: CreepysFan on February 08, 2009, 02:09:00 AM
Watched "The Spook Speaks" and "The General", both staring Buster Keaton.  The first one is a creepy comedy-mystery taking place in a haunted Magician's house.  The second is my favorite Buster Keaton movie.

Believe it or not I still find Buster to be underrated by the general public, and Harold Lloyd even more so.

CreepysFan

This morning watched "Hilarious House of Frightenstein" with Horror Host Billy Van and Vincent Price.

Bogey, I totally agree. Buster Keaton is the KING of comedy, and Harold Lloyd equally so.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

toysoldierman2001

BaronLatos35

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Phantasm

Chuck Jeffers

"You told me that nothings free except my own insanity."
                                                  Alice Cooper

Daimajin

Saturday I watched Dracula ('31) and Kurosawa's Ran

Also, while I was running some errands, I listened to the OTR Mindwebs episode "Born of Man and Woman" -- the narrator sounded like Torgo from Manos!  I'd also put The Hall of Fantasy's "The Crawling Thing" on the same CD.  Ah...OTR horror...so fine, so fine.
They're going to make you one of them, my peacock!

toysoldierman2001

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

packy120353

Clara my seven year old little femme-monster and I watched Poltergeist yesterday. We watch Monster movies and Sci-Fi channel all the time but this was her first genuinely SCARY movie - it was so cool she did the blanket over the head thing, so I hugged her, reminded her it's all fake and asked if I should change it - she ignored me. Now the new line we say to each other is "I am addressin' the living."

Scatter

Quote from: packy120353 on February 09, 2009, 06:29:31 PM
Clara my seven year old little femme-monster and I watched Poltergeist yesterday. We watch Monster movies and Sci-Fi channel all the time but this was her first genuinely SCARY movie - it was so cool she did the blanket over the head thing, so I hugged her, reminded her it's all fake and asked if I should change it - she ignored me. Now the new line we say to each other is "I am addressin' the living."

Man Packy, that's fantastic LOL!! It's just the best thing to share with the kids. We should do one of those old fashioned arranged marriages between your Clara and my 8 year old Jordan when they're of age. What grandchildren they would give us!!

ramsey37

Wal-Mart is currently changing their DVD selection. My local store has a large endcap of Disney films, and buried in there are copies of "Something Wicked This Way Comes" and "The Black Hole". I picked up both this morning and watched them this evening. I hadn't seen "Something" in at least twenty years, and I'd never seen TBH before, so it was worth picking up the discs.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Scatter

Quote from: ramsey37 on February 09, 2009, 09:47:25 PM
Wal-Mart is currently changing their DVD selection. My local store has a large endcap of Disney films, and buried in there are copies of "Something Wicked This Way Comes" and "The Black Hole". I picked up both this morning and watched them this evening. I hadn't seen "Something" in at least twenty years, and I'd never seen TBH before, so it was worth picking up the discs.
George

WalMart is THE place to pick up cheap disks.

toysoldierman2001