Started by Toy Ranch, April 21, 2014, 04:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toy Ranch

What is dinner w dr madd? Got a link?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Count_Zirock

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Count_Zirock

Another candidate for rescuing: UMA Frankenstein & Bigfoot.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Flower

Quote from: aura of foreboding on April 22, 2014, 10:38:41 PM
From my point of view, the time issue is exactly the problem. That being said, I have no way of knowing if that is the case in this situation and do not claim to know anything. ("I know nothing!" 

I'm sure that The Powers That Be have tossed around the idea of an additional moderator.  They have probably been unable to come up with a perfect fit, however.  (Good moderators are hard to come by and few people actually have the temperament necessary for the role.) Or else they have done a cost-benefits analysis and determined that adding a new moderator is not in-line with the future direction of the forum, and eliminating the "off-topic" categories would be the more beneficial option. 

I really don't think this decision was taken lightly nor do I feel this was easy for anyone.  I applaud the moderators for allowing this open discussion and for giving everyone advance notice.  That is what good moderators do.

Now that you've brought it up, having a discussion without the facts is sort (fill in your own blanks).

Leopards don't change their spots and all else, if a few posters are/were the problem (I don't know what the problem really is and I'm not bringing up that question), won't it be more effective to just PM them to stop starting certain types of threads?

Again, having any debate without facts to back it up ...(fill in your own blanks again) .. we can guess and surmise but in the end the fat man .. err .. lady .. or crickets will chirp or perhaps a lion will roar but only time will tell.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Toy Ranch

We got some take out Chinese last night. My fortune:

jimm

bummer...I loved discussing my non monster goodies as much as my monster goodies. I had one spot to go to see Monsters, Buds guns, Heps comics, and the rest of the stuff I love. Phhoey...

Toy Ranch

Quote from: Dr. Madd on April 23, 2014, 12:45:21 AM
is "Dinner with Dr. Madd" Monster-like?

No. But I can see how this would be a good candidate to save in the read-only Gen Disc forum. Also, here is a suggestion for you. You obviously have a gift for writing and a passion for food. instead of a thread on the UMA, start a blog about your gastronomical adventures.  Put all of your posts from the UMA in it, and continue from there. At the UMA, post a link to it in your post signature so that people who follow it can find your blog, and expand your audience beyond the UMA.

Hepcat

Quote from: aura of foreboding on April 22, 2014, 07:31:51 PMWith a lack of moderator power....

That particular statement of yours makes no sense at all. The moderators here have the same powers as they do in every other forum and they've been using those powers in the same way. They set the ground rules of the forum, they lock threads when discussions/arguments get out of hand and they issue warnings to members who are ignoring the rules and ban those who are being just plain disruptive. It's been the same on UMA as it is on every other forum from the start.

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Toy Ranch

Quote from: Count_Zirock on April 23, 2014, 01:50:13 AM
Another candidate for rescuing: UMA Frankenstein & Bigfoot.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Moving anything out of Members Only is complicated, because those posts were specifically slated not to be publicly searchable. That said, the content of that particular thread is probably OK to move, provided the thread author is agreeable to it.  I'll ask Jeff.

jimm

If I could undo one upcoming change it would be the deletion of non monster toys....love that spot...

CreepyJeff

there are many threads with in this group that has held no interest for me and so by and large I have avoided going to them and reading through them or responding on any of them. I am looking very much forward to seeing this group be restored to monster related items and topics exclusively. Having said that within those discussions any banter and camaraderie should flourish and nothing should change in that regard. While I'm a bit nervous about seeing some of the things go away I am also very much looking forward to cleaning up a lot of non related monster topics and discussions. I'm looking forward to the changes.
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

Toy Ranch

Quote from: Hepcat on April 23, 2014, 08:07:50 AM
That particular statement of yours makes no sense at all. The moderators here have the same powers as they do in every other forum and they've been using those powers in the same way. They set the ground rules of the forum, they lock threads when discussions/arguments get out of hand and they issue warnings to members who are ignoring the rules and ban those who are being just plain disruptive. It's been the same on UMA as it is on every other forum from the start.

???

Well, he explained it in a subsequent post, and in that context it makes perfect sense to me. Perhaps you should try reading more and criticizing less.

Hepcat

Quote from: jimm on April 23, 2014, 08:19:25 AMIf I could undo one upcoming change it would be the deletion of non monster toys....love that spot...

I'd be satisfied with that.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

jimm

I came here for the monsters, but like many I have alot more collecting interests. I can only surmise it's to keep those like me off the site when I choose to speak of those interests, fair enough...

billyatom

What other site has an older toy discussion site?  Boo Hoo and BS