Vintage Monster Puzzle(s)

Started by Anton Phibes, October 04, 2008, 07:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

I picked up a couple of puzzles in my travels/dealings, and am just curious as to their value.  One is a Glenn Strange Frankenstein glow in the dark puzzle from 1974.  It missing a few pieces.  James Bama art on the cover.

The other is a Purple box Universal Monsters group shot.  Has a very Chaney looking Wolfman, classic Dracula and Frankenstein design and a weird version of the Creature.  Its older (maybe 70's or 80's) but I cannot find a date...  illustration is awesome.  Made by AP and has the Universal Monsters copyrights/licensing on the box. Any help appreciated.  Thank you.

Toy Ranch

The other one isn't registering.  Do you have a pic of it?

That Frankenstein should do well for you.  I've seen them go anywhere from $30 to $200.  Missing pieces, it's probably more on the lower end, but could do quite a bit better.

Anton Phibes

I didn't put the other one up.  The art is awesome, very atmospheric and its complete and a little cleaner.  I may keep it.  That's good news about the Frankenstein one though.  I hope someone sees it and it fills a gap in their want list.  I will try to post a pic of the other one soon.

Anton Phibes

Here's the one I'm probably keeping.  If the image loads.

chrisnurse

Lovely artwork, I've seen that somewhere before I think. The style looks early 80's. Nice item!
You can't kill the Boogeyman

Tom Smith Monsternut

The art is by  Luis Dominguez.
Best..
Tom
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

Anton Phibes

Hey Tom, thanks for the intel, do you happen to know the year this piece was released?  I  think its very atmospheric and plan to keep it in the collection.  I would like to know a little more about it. Thanks to any and all who can/are helping

Anton Phibes

After the good luck I had with Frankenstein, I am not keeping this one either. Apparently someone appreciates these more than I! So I'll let them buy them and I'll take the funds and buy myself something I like more! LOL!

fryinpan1

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 04, 2008, 10:27:44 PM

Here's the one I'm probably keeping.  If the image loads.

I love that artwork. I found one of these on Ebay several months ago and it was new and sealed. I was one of only two bidders, so I got it for around $15 shipped.
Danny

Hepcat

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 04, 2008, 07:40:43 PMI picked up a couple of puzzles in my travels/dealings, and am just curious as to their value.  One is a Glenn Strange Frankenstein glow in the dark puzzle from 1974.... James Bama art on the cover.

James Bama artwork! Who made it, Aurora? Do you have any pictures?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on June 03, 2019, 03:25:05 PM
James Bama artwork! Who made it, Aurora? Do you have any pictures?

It's the APC puzzle.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Interesting. When was it released?

And hopefully APC paid Aurora for the rights to the image.

???

djmadden99

The art was originally on the Gigantic Frankenstein box. It later appeared on glow posters found in Post Cereal and after that, inside the Aurora square boxes.

Hepcat

Interesting! So legitimate vintage posters of this Frankenstein picture should be available.

8)