Negan character coming to Walking Dead

Started by Gory Glenn, January 16, 2016, 12:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gory Glenn

Negan character coming to Walking Dead played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Supposedly the worst of the Walking Dead villians.

http://www.eonline.com/news/714440/jeffrey-dean-morgan-joins-the-walking-dead-as-negan

Mike Scott

Quote from: Gory Glenn on January 16, 2016, 12:12:17 AM
. . played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

Who's other show got canceled, so he needed the job.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Gory Glenn

Well he's certainly a big imposing guy so he should work well for the character. Liked him in Watchmen.

Mord

Quote from: Gory Glenn on January 16, 2016, 12:20:48 AM
Well he's certainly a big imposing guy so he should work well for the character. Liked him in Watchmen.
Yep, he's definitely a great bad guy. Looking forward to it.

ChristineBCW

"Negan" is the character that removed the comi - er, graphic novel - from my Interests list.  He falls into the tired old plot device of "Just another villain, never another hero" mentality.  And it fueled the poor artwork's continued device to make character-identification based on body-parts-missing rather than distinctive faces or bodies. 

I'll be watching for two issues: will the TV series start lopping off more body parts from more characters, and will Negan last a half-season-plus-one-teaser-episode, or will this tired storyline be dragged along the road for a full season?

I wish I could hope for more imagination out of the TV creators.

The marathon viewings have had one impact that, for me, has conflicted values.  The show was removed from my Must See watch-list during Season 2.  "That's why God invented the DVR."  But in Season 4 and 5, it was removed from our Must-DVR list, too.  "Why bother?  They'll show it over and over, and over and over... and over..."  This removes urgency and thus erodes the 'word of mouth' impact, I fear. 

Will the writing undergo more rigor-mortis to leave situations intact for seasons now, so that watching Walking Dead episodes has no sequencing issues at all?  "Season 9, episode 8 is the same characters and location, except Lucy, Fred and Ethel now have to drive to Connecticutt to cause Ricky a hard time"?  Is THAT the Gilligan's Effect?  "They never change the situation."

Gory Glenn

Quote from: ChristineBCW on January 19, 2016, 12:17:44 PM
"Negan" is the character that removed the comi - er, graphic novel - from my Interests list.  He falls into the tired old plot device of "Just another villain, never another hero" mentality.  And it fueled the poor artwork's continued device to make character-identification based on body-parts-missing rather than distinctive faces or bodies. 

I'll be watching for two issues: will the TV series start lopping off more body parts from more characters, and will Negan last a half-season-plus-one-teaser-episode, or will this tired storyline be dragged along the road for a full season?

I wish I could hope for more imagination out of the TV creators.

The marathon viewings have had one impact that, for me, has conflicted values.  The show was removed from my Must See watch-list during Season 2.  "That's why God invented the DVR."  But in Season 4 and 5, it was removed from our Must-DVR list, too.  "Why bother?  They'll show it over and over, and over and over... and over..."  This removes urgency and thus erodes the 'word of mouth' impact, I fear. 

Will the writing undergo more rigor-mortis to leave situations intact for seasons now, so that watching Walking Dead episodes has no sequencing issues at all?  "Season 9, episode 8 is the same characters and location, except Lucy, Fred and Ethel now have to drive to Connecticutt to cause Ricky a hard time"?  Is THAT the Gilligan's Effect?  "They never change the situation."

Personally I love the show. When ever you chime in it's to criticize it. Not sure why you even watch the show when you clearly have so much disdain for it.

ChristineBCW

Yes, I have my reasons for criticizing so I state them without fanboi-itis.  Yes. 

Haven't you ever started off hoping for something to be better than it's ultimately delivered as?  If that capability is lacking, why criticize those who have that faculty?  Talk about senseless criticism - look in the mirror!!

LOST lost me.  WALKING DEAD keeps my interest but it's lost a significant portion of it.  I rather liked the distinction between Graphic Novel & TV production mainly because it gave the book's author a chance to a re-do.  But since he's repeating the elements that erode my interest, your question remains most valid.  And it's to the show's producers to realize and either drive the stake thru its heart or make refreshing, revitalizing changes.

Gory Glenn

Mord

Quote from: ChristineBCW on January 19, 2016, 04:26:12 PM

Haven't you ever started off hoping for something to be better than it's ultimately delivered as? 
Ummm, oh, yeah...marriage!