Check Out The Munsters TV Redux Mockingbird Lane Concept Art Photos

Started by emazers, April 12, 2012, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horror1o1

Quote from: aura of foreboding on April 13, 2012, 06:11:14 AM
I don't even like the house.  There's something wrong with it... in a bad way.

It looks like a fully restored Victorian House. Where's the cracks,cob webs , and dust?
It's all about the Horror.

aura of foreboding

And the bright greens and the gold!  The gold!  My God...  It's disgusting.  This is where Tim Burton got Dark Shadows right... the visuals.  The new Collinwood looks fantastic.  This...  This...  I don't even know. 

But nothing can top the look of these new "Munsters" in terms of terribleness.  I'll take the new Barnabas over these imitations any day - and I am a much bigger DS fan than a Munsters fan.  This is outright awful. 

Count_Zirock

Even restored and all gussied up, 1313 Mockingbird Lane still looks like a place you'd expect to be haunted. But, who knows what will actually end up onscreen. If it's that huge, it'll probably be CGI.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Sean

Quote from: aura of foreboding on April 13, 2012, 06:11:14 AM
I don't even like the house.  There's something wrong with it... in a bad way.

It's too large.  Where IS that 'house'----Newport, Rhode Island?  Next to the Breakers?

Count_Zirock

And, isn't Marilyn supposed to save it from the wrecking ball in the pilot? Doesn't look at all dilapidated to me.

Zackuth

I had not heard about a Munsters reboot and looked it up on line.  They're going to wear normal clothes?????  Sounds like it'll be canceled before the pilot finishes airing.
"Listen to them; the children of the night.  What music they make!"  Dracula

Howler

"That ain't tactics honey. That's just the beast in me."

Haunted hearse

I love Victorian homes, and spooky ones especially.  I do not like the architecture chosen for the new Munster home.  The original is so iconic, a family even built a replica of it in Texas for their home.  To be honest, the house in the concept painting looks more like a Victorian Resort Hotel, then a house.  Architectural elements have been lifted from a number of places, including the Carson Mansion in Eureka California.  If you look at most of the iconic  horror houses (Addams Family, Psycho, Ghost and Mr. Chicken), even the largest ones looked like single family residences.  The Munster's home in all it's incantations always looked like a house that could be found in a middle class neighborhood, and the  joke was that the Munsters always considered themselves a regular American Family.  I don't understand people who take something that has a huge fanbase, and then drastcly remake it to reflect their peculiar vision.  It defeats the whole point of using a well known property, if it is no longer recognizable as that property.  I'm looking forward to this new Munsters, even less than the New Dark Shadows movie.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Count_Zirock

At least they're not even calling it "The Munsters" anymore. That way, when it fails, no one can say "'The Munsters' failed." No, this ill-conceived, bastardization is what will fail.