Revenge of the Creature by X-plus

Started by Universalrocks, September 30, 2023, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universalrocks

Just received this kit by X-plus the the other day. It is a bit pricey, but I think it is worth every penny. It was scuplted by Kreature kid who also did the Moebius Creature kit, its very well engineered. All the seams are  99.9%  hidden. Don't miss out on this kit!                             

Mike Scott

Quote from: Universalrocks on September 30, 2023, 10:10:14 PM
It is a bit pricey, but I think it is worth every penny.

Even more pricey, when you have to pay somebody to build and paint it.  :(
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Rex fury

I got a message from BigBadToys that my kit shipped. I haven't received it yet, but I'm excited it's heading my way😎

Universalrocks

I build and paint my own, so thats not a problem.  I have been building and painting kits since I was a wee lad, lol. Since having retired I hope to play catch up with the kits that are sitting in boxes waiting. Only problem with that is they take up more space, once you build them. Boxes much easier to store than a built up kit, and Im pretty much out of display space. ☹️

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Hepcat

So the kit is sculpted in turquoise with the exception of pearly white chains? Is it sculpted from resin, vinyl or styrene plastic? And how many pieces?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Universalrocks

Turquoise yes and the chain is a very light gray. Model is made of polystyrene plastic. Number of pieces 58.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Hepcat

Quote from: Universalrocks on October 01, 2023, 01:49:09 AMModel is made of polystyrene plastic. Number of pieces 58.

Cool! That then is a very proper model kit. Has X-Plus released any other kits?

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Anton Phibes

There's a whole series of Universal Monsters on the way. Including a Kharis Mummy.

Universalrocks

I just finished up the Reveange of the Creature Model kit. Forgive my photography, I never can seem to get the lighting the way I think it should be. Tried a couple of different light sources. I did not go with the suggested color for the name plate, red backgound white letters. The movie poster used these colors but I did not like them. Great kit, the fish were a pain to do, but all and all I think the kit turned out ok. The last picture is closer to the true colors of the paint scheme.                                                                         

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

michblk

Beautiful job!  Still waiting for my kit to be sent.

Brian K
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Universalrocks

Thanks Guys. Your really going to love this kit, hope you get yours soon. I have been trying to find better photos of the other kits. The likeness on the Dracula kit seems a bit off to me. Hope the photos online are not the finished product.

kristinms8

Quote from: Universalrocks on October 22, 2023, 11:40:16 PM
I just finished up the Reveange of the Creature Model kit. Forgive my photography, I never can seem to get the lighting the way I think it should be. Tried a couple of different light sources. I did not go with the suggested color for the name plate, red backgound white letters. The movie poster used these colors but I did not like them. Great kit, the fish were a pain to do, but all and all I think the kit turned out ok. The last picture is closer to the true colors of the paint scheme.                                                                         
That looks amazing!  Fantastic paint job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

michblk

Quote from: Universalrocks on October 23, 2023, 12:51:40 AM
Thanks Guys. Your really going to love this kit, hope you get yours soon. I have been trying to find better photos of the other kits. The likeness on the Dracula kit seems a bit off to me. Hope the photos online are not the finished product.

They were all set up Monsterpalooza, but I did not get photos of them.  I was to busy trying to get the guy to sell me the Creature poster for the kit.  :)

Brian K
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: michblk on October 23, 2023, 03:51:07 PM
I was to busy trying to get the guy to sell me the Creature poster for the kit.  :)

Did you succeed, Brian? I was fortunate enough to get on only of the cardboard backdrop displays from a great friend (who got only one from the distributor), but I'm after a poster too. Were you able to find out if they made many of the posters?

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!