What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, August 24, 2012, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer (1992)

*The forgotten Sabbath/Dio record. Seems like when people think about Dio in sabbath, they remember the early 80s stuff when he first joined the band, and then the well received "Heaven and Hell" reunion yrs (2006-2010).  Don't forget though, Ronnie James Dio rejoined the band in 1992 as well. The lineup only lasted for one record and tour, but it's a killer record. Heavy AF. I love this record.

Here's more Sabbath history no one asked for, but I'm writing about anyhow  :laugh:
The Dehumanizer tour was going well, but then Ozzy asked Sabbath to open for him during his two Costa Mesa dates in 92. Tony and Geezer wanted to, but Dio, understandably, was insulted and said hell no. So Dio left the band (again). Ozzy ended up reuniting with the band briefly, but that didn't last long (only one performance). Finally a few yrs later we were able to enjoy a proper Sab reunion with Ozzy (and Bill too). That lasted for several years and I was fortunate to see that lineup play a handful of times.  >:D

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on May 07, 2020, 09:23:57 PM
Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer (1992)

*The forgotten Sabbath/Dio record. Seems like when people think about Dio in sabbath, they remember the early 80s stuff when he first joined the band, and then the well received "Heaven and Hell" reunion yrs (2006-2010).  Don't forget though, Ronnie James Dio rejoined the band in 1992 as well. The lineup only lasted for one record and tour, but it's a killer record. Heavy AF. I love this record.

Here's more Sabbath history no one asked for, but I'm writing about anyhow  :laugh:
The Dehumanizer tour was going well, but then Ozzy asked Sabbath to open for him during his two Costa Mesa dates in 92. Tony and Geezer wanted to, but Dio, understandably, was insulted and said hell no. So Dio left the band (again). Ozzy ended up reuniting with the band briefly, but that didn't last long (only one performance). Finally a few yrs later we were able to enjoy a proper Sab reunion with Ozzy (and Bill too). That lasted for several years and I was fortunate to see that lineup play a handful of times.  >:D

Totally underrated Sabbath album, Dehumanizer.🤘🏻
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 07, 2020, 05:53:27 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand the Weather

Wonderful studio album.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Listening to my horror themed 80s metal playlist again  >:D

Venom: Welcome to Hell
Megadeth: The Conjuring
Motorhead: Killed by Death
Black Sabbath: Voodoo
Kind Diamond: The Family Ghost
Ozzy Osbourne: Bark at the Moon
Anthrax: Medusa
Iron Maiden: Phantom of the Opera
Metallica: Face the Thing That Should Not Be
Death: Baptized in Blood
Slayer: Live Undead
Death Angel: Evil Priest
Morbid Angel: Chapel of Ghouls
Sepultura: Necromancer
Lizzy Borden: Psychopath
Possessed: Seance
Judas Priest: Love Bites
Helloween: Halloween
Exodus: Deliver Us to Evil
Mercyful Fate: Curse of the Pharaohs
Overkill: Raise the Dead
Metal Church: the Dark
Kreator: Ripping Corpse
Napalm Death: Inner Incineration
Sodom: Outbreak of Evil
Savatage: Legions
Grim Reaper: Fear no Evil
Testament: Curse of the Legions of Death
Dark Angel: Darkness Descends
Danzig: Possession

\m/

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on May 10, 2020, 08:41:27 PM
Listening to my horror themed 80s metal playlist again  >:D

Venom: Welcome to Hell
Megadeth: The Conjuring
Motorhead: Killed by Death
Black Sabbath: Voodoo
Kind Diamond: The Family Ghost
Ozzy Osbourne: Bark at the Moon
Anthrax: Medusa
Iron Maiden: Phantom of the Opera
Metallica: Face the Thing That Should Not Be
Death: Baptized in Blood
Slayer: Live Undead
Death Angel: Evil Priest
Morbid Angel: Chapel of Ghouls
Sepultura: Necromancer
Lizzy Borden: Psychopath
Possessed: Seance
Judas Priest: Love Bites
Helloween: Halloween
Exodus: Deliver Us to Evil
Mercyful Fate: Curse of the Pharaohs
Overkill: Raise the Dead
Metal Church: the Dark
Kreator: Ripping Corpse
Napalm Death: Inner Incineration
Sodom: Outbreak of Evil
Savatage: Legions
Grim Reaper: Fear no Evil
Testament: Curse of the Legions of Death
Dark Angel: Darkness Descends
Danzig: Possession

\m/

Holy, f***!!!!!!!🤘🏻👹

marsattacks666

Today's listening pleasure.....

Cactus-Parchman Farm( Great band and song)
Billy Cobham-Spectrum/Quadrant 4
.......I can see where these two songs influenced the Van Halen bros.

Deep Purple-Fireball
RUSH-Cygnus X-1: Book One
W.A.S.P.-Show No Mercy
Cromags-Show No Mercy
SLAYER-Shoe No Mercy
KI⚡⚡-Fits Like a Glove
Blizzard Of Ozz- You Can't Kill Rock and Roll
Blondie-Rapture
(The) Sweet-Teenage Rampage
U.K. Subs-Limo Life
Black Flag-Spray Paint
DIO-Stand Up and Shout
Iron Maiden-Killers
Iron Maiden-Phantom Of the Opera
KISS- I want You
RUSH-YYZ
RUSH-Limelight
Anthrax- N.F.L.
Rainbow-Stargazer
DIO-Last In Line
Queensryche-Warning
Led Zeppelin-Four Sticks
Iron Maiden-Running Free
King Crimson-21st Century Schizoid Man
Motley Crue-Red Hot
Metallica-Blackened
Metallica-Fight Fire with Fire
Queen- Stone Cold Crazy
Iron Maiden- Genghis Khan
AnthraX- Among the Living
The MISFITS-Vampira
The MISFITS-Night Of the Living Dead
Butthole Surfers-Who Was in My Room Last Night
Lamb Of God- Ruin

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

marsattacks666

Def Leppard-High 'n' Dry
Black Sabbath-Supernaut
Y&T- Mean Streak
W.A.S.P.- Hellion
Led Zeppelin-Black Dog
New York Dolls-Frankenstein
Metallica-Four Horsemen
The Cars- Candy-0
Megadeth- Holy Wars
Exodus-Toxic Waltz
Nuclear Assault-Critical Mass
Fastway- Trick or Treat
Sacred Reich-Surf Nigaragua
Suicidal Tendencies- Trip Of the Brain
Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell
Judas Priest-Grinder
Electric Frankenstein-Speed Girl
Electric Frankenstein-Pressure

geezer butler

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 12, 2020, 12:50:28 PM
Def Leppard-High 'n' Dry
Black Sabbath-Supernaut
Y&T- Mean Streak
W.A.S.P.- Hellion
Led Zeppelin-Black Dog
New York Dolls-Frankenstein
Metallica-Four Horsemen
The Cars- Candy-0
Megadeth- Holy Wars
Exodus-Toxic Waltz
Nuclear Assault-Critical Mass
Fastway- Trick or Treat
Sacred Reich-Surf Nigaragua
Suicidal Tendencies- Trip Of the Brain
Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell
Judas Priest-Grinder
Electric Frankenstein-Speed Girl
Electric Frankenstein-Pressure

Damn, dude!! Great playlists. It's like we share the same spotify account  :laugh:  I just listened to "Surf Nicaragua" and "Trip at the Brain" the other night. "Toxic Waltz" too. "Supernaught" one of my fav Sab songs. I noticed "Who was in my room last night?" from your other playlist. Another cool song I just listened to the other day.

geezer butler

I was listening to playlist based on 70s North American hard rock

Kiss: Firehouse
Blue Oyster Cult: Dominance and Submission
Ted Nugent: Dog Eat Dog
April Wine: I like To Rock
Rush: In the Mood
Alice Cooper: You Drive me Nervous
Styx: Suite Madame Blue
The Rockets: Oh Well
Aerosmith: Walkin' the Dog
Montrose: Space Station #5
Rick Derringer: Rock n Roll, Hoochie Koo
Van Halen: On Fire

marsattacks666

Quote from: geezer butler on May 12, 2020, 04:46:07 PM
I was listening to playlist based on 70s North American hard rock

Kiss: Firehouse
Blue Oyster Cult: Dominance and Submission
Ted Nugent: Dog Eat Dog
April Wine: I like To Rock
Rush: In the Mood
Alice Cooper: You Drive me Nervous
Styx: Suite Madame Blue
The Rockets: Oh Well
Aerosmith: Walkin' the Dog
Montrose: Space Station #5
Rick Derringer: Rock n Roll, Hoochie Koo
Van Halen: On Fire

Great list, Geezer. I am not on Spotify or Pandora. All the music is downloaded from Googleplay music to my phone. It's an awesome virtual library of streaming songs.
I never stream music when I am at home, only at work. At home, I listen to vinyl records and cds.

geezer butler

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 12, 2020, 09:31:51 PM
Great list, Geezer. I am not on Spotify or Pandora. All the music is downloaded from Googleplay music to my phone. It's an awesome virtual library of streaming songs.
I never stream music when I am at home, only at work. At home, I listen to vinyl records and cds.

Thanks, I'm jealous. My brothers have large vinyl collections too. I enjoy looking through their records. In my case, however, I have a monster room and large comic book collection. I'm also married, so something has to give, lol. I just don't have the resources or the space to start a vinyl collection. Plus, there's the issue of my spouse again. You  guys see my playlists. Do you think I could get away with blasting vinyl from Mercyful Fate and Suicide Silence in my house? :laugh:
Maybe the Stones and Zeppelin, but that's as heavy as she would tolerate. So, I'm afraid I have to listen to streaming music on my phone and headphones  :-[

Mord

Quote from: geezer butler on May 13, 2020, 11:47:05 AM
Thanks, I'm jealous. My brothers have large vinyl collections too. I enjoy looking through their records. In my case, however, I have a monster room and large comic book collection. I'm also married, so something has to give, lol. I just don't have the resources or the space to start a vinyl collection. Plus, there's the issue of my spouse again. You  guys see my playlists. Do you think I could get away with blasting vinyl from Mercyful Fate and Suicide Silence in my house? :laugh:
Maybe the Stones and Zeppelin, but that's as heavy as she would tolerate. So, I'm afraid I have to listen to streaming music on my phone and headphones  :-[

I have the same problem, Geezer. My girlfriend does not like my music. I still managed to get a vinyl and cd collection, but I can only play them while she's out. It is HER house. I remember sticking the Grinderman cd into the car player. As it kicks in, she turns to me and says "I really worry about you sometimes".

marsattacks666

Let me just say this

I am extremely lucky. My Wife totally accepts my music and we both collect, movie formats, books and collectible toys. As far Her liking everything that I dig in terms of music. Not so much. However, She is digging some Punk and Metal. Plus my Gal loves the CRAMPS, KISS,  Danzig Bauhaus and Ghost. So....that's a start.

We listen to all sorts of genre's in the car and at home.

But honestly,  my vinyl collection is small compared to audiophiles who collect vinyl.

The other day we listened to Cheap Trick, Beastie Boys, Metallica and Pat Benatar on cd and vinyl in our home.