What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, August 24, 2012, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Famous Monsters Speak( On vinyl, sounds great)
Disney Records-Thrilling, Chilling Sounds of the Haunted House-1964/1973
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

The Pop Group  - For How Much Longer Do We Tolerate Mass Murder? (Album)

These guys were insane. Google "The Pop Group - Forces of Oppression" (first song on album). This was released in 1980 and is far ahead of anything since. Pounding bass, screeching sax, screamed vocals...extremely political. I dare anyone here to find anything more manic and intense.

geezer butler

Amusement Parks on Fire: Self-Titled (2005)

marsattacks666

Minor Threat- Classic Live; from D.C.-1982

geezer butler

I listened to these records over the weekend \m/

Kiss: Alive
Black Sabbath: Heaven and Hell
Iron Maiden: Powerslave
Metallica: Master of Puppets

marsattacks666

Black Sabbath-Black Sabbath-1970(Warner Bros.)
Van Halen I-1978(Warner Bros.)
KISS-KISS-1974(Warner Bros/Casablanca Records 9001)
Iron Maiden-Iron Maiden-1980(Harvest)
Pantera-Cowboys from Hell-1990
Misfits-Static Age-1995/1978

Mord

Got back from Amoeba Records 300 bills lighter. Man that place is amazing. Bought a bunch of blurays, books, Bad Seeds CD/DVD 2paks I was missing...but the crown jewel was the new Velvet Underground vinyl box set. That set is awesome. It includes 5 albums including their unreleased 4th album. All are in the original mono mixes on 180g audiophile vinyl. Hot damn!

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Mord

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on September 16, 2019, 06:01:51 PM
Grieg Allman and the Allman Bros.?

No, and not Grieg Lake and ELP, either.
CREATURE FAN

Mord

The Velvet Underground   - White Light, White Heat (1968)

I started the boxed set by playing their second album. I was dying to hear it in mono. What a major improvement! The songs sound louder, clearer, and more metallic than ever before. From White Light...to Sister Ray, a truly historic and influential record. I'm playing for a second time as I write this.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on September 18, 2019, 01:44:14 AM
The Velvet Underground   - White Light, White Heat (1968)

I started the boxed set by playing their second album. I was dying to hear it in mono. What a major improvement! The songs sound louder, clearer, and more metallic than ever before. From White Light...to Sister Ray, a truly historic and influential record. I'm playing for a second time as I write this.

To put it bluntly. F*****g great album.

Mord

The Birthday Party- Complete John Peel Sessions

16 tracks that kick some serious ass. No wonder Peel considered them (and Joy Division) is favorite bands.