What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, August 24, 2012, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

The Faces. -  A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse

This album rocks pretty hard. Holds up very well.

SpeedierThantheGrave

Mars, are you into The Trashwomen, too?  (If you like a little Riot Grrl mixed with your surf.)

Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on July 22, 2019, 12:16:18 PM
The Faces. -  A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse

"Stay With Me" is one of my favorite songs, ever!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 22, 2019, 01:21:18 PM
"Stay With Me" is one of my favorite songs, ever!  :)

That track includes some very aggressive guitar playing. I love the opening lines:

"In the morning
         Don't say you love me
        'Cause I'll only kick you out the door"

marsattacks666

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on July 22, 2019, 01:00:30 PM
Mars, are you into The Trashwomen, too?  (If you like a little Riot Grrl mixed with your surf.)

No and never heard of them. But, judging by the photo, I will check them out. Plus, I may have dated them. Or at least a facsimile of them. Lol!🤟💀

Speedier
Just a few minutes ago, I went to google and the Trashwomen's wiki. Really interesting. How is it that I never heard of this group. Wow! Going to research more and see if I can find some vinyl and other media. Thanks for the suggestion.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

I've been switching between The Darts (US) and The Cramps for the past few days.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on July 22, 2019, 02:27:38 PM
I've been switching between The Darts (US) and The Cramps for the past few days.

I hope you get better! (Is "the darts" like "the runs"?)
CREATURE FAN

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mord on July 22, 2019, 01:38:20 PM
  That track includes some very aggressive guitar playing.

The opening bits (I don't know music stuff) and the closing bits. Great!
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike...In 3-D! on July 22, 2019, 02:27:38 PM

Right now listening to the CRAMPS'  Smell of Female
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 22, 2019, 01:48:00 PM
No and never heard of them. But, judging by the photo, I will check them out. Plus, I may have dated them. Or at least a facsimile of them. Lol!🤟💀

Speedier
Just a few minutes ago, I went to google and the Trashwomen's wiki. Really interesting. How is it that I never heard of this group. Wow! Going to research more and see if I can find some vinyl and other media. Thanks for the suggestion.

Haven't we ALL dated a facsimile or two of them? Haha

I forget where I first found them, probably some blogspot.  I thought it was on Surfadelic, but a quick search didn't pull them up.

Besides gritty, darker, grunge era surf, their more punky stuff is fun too: "Who needs boys when you've got batteries?!"  Enjoy!
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

geezer butler

From Alice Cooper concert Sat night. You'll notice pic with me in my concert uniform  :laugh:

2019-07-21_03-34-48 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-07-21_03-34-19 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-07-21_03-34-09 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-07-21_03-33-58 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-07-21_03-33-48 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-07-21_03-33-40 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2019-07-21_03-35-17 by geezer2014, on Flickr

marsattacks666

Mord

Looks amazing. I'm glad he still brings the guillotine around.

Mord

The Rolling Stones  -  Beggar's Banquet

What an album! Sympathy for the Devil, Street Fighting Man, Stray Cat Blues, Salt of the Earth.....why aren't people putting out music of this quality anymore?

marsattacks666