Stuff you hate doing game.

Started by BlackLagoon, April 27, 2012, 10:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal_Adam

Quote from: marsattacks666 on August 08, 2012, 10:15:11 PM
I hate losing close friends, or a close friend. It makes me very sad.
Especially when I seem to disappear.......without notice.

I hate losing close friends too.  It's really a bummer.  A close friend of mine that was in my wedding and I got into it when his signifigant other made some very rude comments about my wife.  He took the side of his S/O (now ex) and in the fight we both said things we didn't mean and stopped being friends.  I tried to make up for it, but always get ignored.  I just recently gave up after a year and a half of trying to patch things up.  It's tough, but life goes on I guess!
Check out my Universal Monster Facebook Fan Page!
http://www.facebook.com/Ultimateuniversalstudiosmonstersfanpage

long live kong

I hate cleaning up after barbecues. And cleaning Barbecues.
Monster lovers never grow old....

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Flower

I hate getting things fixed ... I don't like dealing with repairmen but do like it when everything works.   :o
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

marsattacks666

Quote from: Flower on August 13, 2012, 11:17:03 AM
I hate getting things fixed ... I don't like dealing with repairmen but do like it when everything works.   :o
:D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

charp13

This is gross and creepy,  WARNING!
I hate cleaning out my outdoor trash can. During the summer, I try to hose it out every other week, but it's been pretty steamy, and the maggots organized a family reunion in my big rolling trash can. I felt so guilty, but I sprayed the inside with Tile-X before I rinsed it out. I saw their little maggot bodies roll down the driveway and I hung my head in sadness. So long fly babies....til next month.

Flower

Char .. maybe this will help

The unpleasant odor of a can full of trash is something most of us simply tolerate. But if you've ever had the misfortune of opening up your outdoor trash can and discovering little crawling white maggots...well, that's a different story. It takes the word "disgusting" to a whole new level...especially if you have to then transport that bag in your car to a dump.

Maggots are fly larvae. You know how common it is to see flies buzzing around trash? Well, in this case, a fly has gotten into your trash and managed to lay eggs. If you can prevent this from happening, you are likely to get rid of your maggot problem.

Moth balls are known to repel flies and prevent maggots from forming. However, moth balls are toxic and carcinogenic.  Here are some simple, non-toxic steps you can take after discovering maggots in your garbage to reduce the likelihood of their coming back.

1. Once trash has been removed, wash your garbage can out with boiling water. This should kill any maggots still in the can. Alternatively, if you have a sealed dumpster, you can remove maggots to a sealed plastic bag then release them into the dumpster so they can do what they do best – decompose garbage.

2. After you're sure that all maggots are out of your trash can, scrub the interior and exterior of the can well with a solution of one part vinegar, two parts water. This should be done on a weekly basis in order to keep cans clean and free of the odors that attract flies. After scrubbing, rinse well, then allow can to dry thoroughly in sun before putting any new trash in. Maggots love moisture, so maintaining a dry can is essential.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/get-rid-of-maggots-and-flies-in-your-trash.html#ixzz23YYv0eMS
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

charp13

Thanks Flower!  Wow, is there anything vinegar can't do?? I've been reading so much about it on Pinterest, and I've used it to clean the coffee/tea makers, a nebulizer and glass items. And I always seem to have a bottle of white vinegar lurking in the pantry- hahahaha! I would never have thought it would repel bugs...I mean, it smells bad so I would think that bugs would enjoy it. I will try it on my rolling can. I just got a new one last month, and it actually latches shut- unlike the last one that Waste Industries issued to us. I used to put rocks or pavers on top of the old can, so raccoons or other furry friends couldn't get in. But flies always sneak in! And although I'm not grossed out by maggots, I always think about how many hundreds of flies they would turn into- eek!Like in the Amityville Horror- Flies everywhere!

Flower

Good luck Char .. I've been lucky to this point, not having to deal with maggots.

BigShadow

I hate waking up to a hang over!
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

marsattacks666

charp13

I hate having to help someone with a project (especially if it involves wood & nails) and it's NOT my project, nor is it in any way FUN!  For example: Fixing a broken stair on our porch. I have no idea what function I serve while standing outside and staring at someone hammering and measuring and sawing boards. YET....they need my help. I could be making Kool aid or doing laundry...but No, I'm "helping". 
Wow! I sound mean! But the person hammering doesn't know how horrible it is for the person standing there doing nothing. It's like constant flinching and a headache. I like to do my own projects and if I feel like I might fall off the ladder or something I'll ask for someone to keep an eye out.
Now I sound like that weird lady carpenter on Green Acres.  I usually do tons of yardwork (including mowing) and I do most of the painting. But I'm not a carpenter.