Show your Monster Collection(s)

Started by hhwolfman, December 01, 2007, 12:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toys-of-terror

Gasport,
Super awesome collection, Love the Mattel Herman Munster puppet in the box no less, I have one but mine is loose (im jealous), I see you have a love some 80's toys as well i see some secret wars in there. Love the range of collectibles in there, Your like me, very wide taste of toys from each time era. You play guitar? I've been playing keyboards in a prog/power metal band for about 11 years, Keep rocking dude!

michblk

Wow, great stuff Gasport!  I spent a good amount of time staring at those photos.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

charp13

Dahhhhhhhh!  I almost missed some monster rooms!!  Adam- You are one classy monster kid! That room is as swanky as it is monsterfied. You really have an eye for decorating, I see you as the first monster room interior decorator!! You could get paid for making sweet monster living rooms, dining rooms, kitchens, etc! For all I know, you could be an interior designer already! It's such a beautiful room, and it shows us all that we shouldn't be afraid to take our monsters out to the living room  :)       Gasport- I am so enchanted by your collection! It reminds me of the glass cases at the Disneyland Hotel where they have all different kinds of mementos and objects that you can look at and say "aww man, I used to have one of those!" You have so many cool things! I will be staring at your collection for a while this afternoon! It's a music studio, you said? It looks like the perfect place to sit back and enjoy some music as well. Awesome!

Gasport

Thanks everybody for your comments! Scatter, yes, that's a real TV i picked up at a yard sale during the 80's. I tried to get it in working shape by replacing all the tubes, but to no avail. It then sat out in my backyard [this was before i had sheds] covered with a tarp until i could decide what to do with it. Well, that winter was rough...the tarp blew off, the TV fell on it's side and was covered in snow. In the spring i went out to bust it up into pieces, figuring it was trashed. Turns out the nasty weather had simply [and surprisingly cleanly] removed most of the finish on the wood! NO warping, NO rot!! A testimony to how well they made these things back in the day! I decided it would make for a great cabinet, so i gutted and refinished it. [used to do a lot of furniture work back during this time] The Batman and Capt America are old school Captain Actions.

TOT, A good childhood buddy of mine gifted me w/the Herman puppet. Believe it or not it still talks! He also gave me the Horror Scope and the poster from The Terror which i eventually got Roger Corman to sign for me. Yes also to the Secret Wars and Super Powers figures. There are loose ones in the wood cabinet with the Lon Chaney Vampyre figure in front of it and carded ones in the stainless steel floor display. Nice to meet another musician here! We also have Packy Paul, Hep Cat, Big Bud among others here who play. Too bad we can't form a UMA band! I could even bring in Zacherley for some guest vocals!!

Thank you all again for chiming in...There have been times over the years when i almost packed away and considered selling a lot of my stuff, but i'm glad i didn't give in to those negative times in my life. It's SO nice to be able to share it all with friends here who truly ''get it''!

marsattacks666

Quote from: kreaturekid on January 23, 2011, 09:58:38 AM
Hey guys!! I got a new monster room!, this is just the living room and i still have a lot more to display. Hope you like it! Adam D.

Totally awesome digs!!!!!!!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

werewolfwoman

like i said before total retro heaven i keep coming back to admire that room, it's just retrotastic!!
even a woman who is pure of heart....well you know the rest..
http://www.auntydonut.etsy.com

RedKing

kreaturekid, that is the coolest room I have ever seen! It's absolute retro heaven!!!!!!! And gasport, i LOVE your eclectic collection-all of it is so cool!!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Monolith

Kreaturekid--- I agree, that room is awesome.  Love the whole vintage look and the great Creature collection! Very cool.

toys-of-terror

Awesome creature collection, Im Jealous! Keep rocking

poseablemonster

It is an amazing room all-around, Adam.  The fact that the decor of the entire room is 50's era to go along with the Creature theme - a 50's film - is just beautifully presented.  And the green color of the furniture; it's really the perfect Creature room in my opinion.  Very well done, my friend. 8)

Hepcat

What's so retro about KreatureKid's room? It looks state of the art to me.

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

toys-of-terror

Quote from: Hepcat on February 02, 2011, 12:00:50 PM
What's so retro about KreatureKid's room? It looks state of the art to me.

???

I think the sofa and the lamps give it the retro vibe for me, but who cares about the sofa and th lamp give me the kick ass creature collection! I love it, I see a few wolfman items scattered in there what else ya got?

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Scary Terry

Man -- you guys are posting some fantastic stuff!  Great collections!!!  Love it!
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Gasport

Hey MFS. That's the Ideal Haunted House game from the early '60's. Over time it's gotten decorated with various rubber skeletons , some Universal Sideshow skateboard monsters and a non glow Creature figure by Remco. Thanks for asking!