Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordMudd

A couple of buckets have been announced as NYCC exclusives and should be available after the con. Price $20.

Funko has announced a Married with Children box set of the Bundys. I look at Kelly and I see the old Aurora Victim kit, perfect for my UM to terrorize.

CCC.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on September 20, 2018, 08:50:51 PM
This is the first time I'm seeing the buckets. I'm not in the least bit impressed. They look like anime versions of Frankie and Creech. I don't like them any better than those dreaded  "Pops" figures. I'm saving money like crazy this Halloween.
Yeah. I do see your point. $20 would be my limit on the Creature bucket. It isn't great, but I don't dislike it as much as you do. I favor CFTBL stuff anyway. The Frankenstein, on the other hand, doesn't appeal to me at all.

Missing new Monsterville stuff more and more.  :'(
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 20, 2018, 09:34:33 PM
There you go, guys.  Unless Mr. Flynn decides to delegate public relations to another person in his company, address all inquiries directly to him - and forego the rumor mill.

Oh, never mind.  It looks like Brian Flynn is a fan of "Secret Society" nonsense himself.

Talk about Universal Monsters starts around the 7 minute mark - not very informative.  If he has made a more recent video, I didn't see it - but, I didn't even know he made these at all, so don't go by me.

https://youtu.be/cRkMef7udus

I do wish people making videos about stuff weren't so fond of pointing the camera at their own faces.  It's the stuff we want to see.

I apologize for stirring the pot.

(I'll shut up now.)
ADAM

Mike Scott

There have been a number of Frankenstein buckets, over the years, but this is the first Creature bucket, so I'm gettin' one!  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Remco Wolfman

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on September 21, 2018, 12:31:52 AM
That's the spirit! Harass and piss off the owner of one ofthe only company's willing to make Universal Monster stuff. Light up them torches and sharpen them pitchforks. Get some garlic and silver ready just in case. But at all costs annoy the heck out of this guy until he resolves to never put out anything UM related again so he can avoid the hassle of dealing with mal-content loving monster collectors. I fully understand many won't "get" this but Super 7 is not a Fortune 500 company. They have two very small retail outlets and a website. They make this stuff because they like it (i.e. stuff they'd actually want to buy themselves). They don't have an army of PR people to answer your whimsical musings. Hold on, this is going to hurt: they don't owe you anything. No one owes you anything (unless they took outa loan from you). If you don't want the stuff, don't buy it. If it offends your delicate sensibilities, don't buy it. Now get on with lighting those torches - Super 7 made a killer SDCC exclusive Frankenstein lighter that will do just the trick.

Usually that sort of thing is typed in all caps.  (You'll find it on the left.)

ADAM

deadonarrival

I dont get the anger directed at super7. I've only bought from them once but i was happy with what i got, the price i paid and the time it took to arrive. All from the comfort of home.

???

I'm glad they're at least trying to get stuff out to fans. They take chances other companies dont seem willing to.

Anton Phibes

I don't believe there is a outpouring of anger at Super 7. Nor do I think simple statements such as "I sure would like to know how to purchase a product" and the frustration expressed from not being able to do so, are to be viewed as "anger" or the tv's latest mantra ad nauseum "hate". That seems to be all the programming these days. If you dare have an independent thought or emotion you are an "angry hater". It's rubbish.

If a customer cannot garner any information on how to purchase a product, or even if there is any movement at all on the production of said product, it can be disappointing. As for them not owing anyone anything....I don't recall anyone specifying they did. However~if they would like people to purchase their product, one has to know about things like availability, street dates, online retailers, etc. For this to be a successful business venture for them, there must be sales.

Universal Monsters product seems to be the product fans are kept in the dark on at Super 7. There is certainly no shortage of news about He-Man and the Masters of the Universe....now is there? ??? ???

As for not taking things personally: whenever a retailer shows a product off and the product is never released. (There's a whole thread dedicated to it around here someplace)....then a rep from said company later makes a statement to the effect of "Well, if you dorks would've pre-ordered enough it would've been produced, so it's your fault", eventually one gets to feel "Dang...I guess I need to get my order in well in advance to make sure these happen." Kind of hard to do when there's no order link. :'(

Climbing down off my soapbox now. :angel:

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 21, 2018, 07:19:04 AM
I don't believe there is a outpouring of anger at Super 7. Nor do I think simple statements such as "I sure would like to know how to purchase a product"...      ..." Kind of hard to do when there's no order link. :'(....  ... 

That's all I really wanted - a straight line to someone who would give me authoritative info, instead of all the rumors and supposition.   

I had the same problems with the Monsterville product last year.  Only difference was I liked most of what they were selling.

When I get frustrated I tend to be inartful and impolitic when expressing myself.   I don't really want to piss everybody else off.

I still reserve the right to dislike most of the Super 7 product - for me.  I don't dislike anything for someone else.  Buy what you want; why would I care?
ADAM

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on September 21, 2018, 12:31:52 AM
That's the spirit! Harass and piss off the owner.....I fully understand many won't "get" this but Super 7 is not a Fortune 500 company. They have two very small retail outlets and a website. They make this stuff because they like it (i.e. stuff they'd actually want to buy themselves). They don't have an army of PR people to answer your whimsical musings.

Very good. Now, conversely, let's look at Amok Time. They have their Monstarz line of 3 3/4 figures and have ventured into 1/6 territory in the past. They made a magnificent RONDO HATTON FIGURE. Never heard of Rondo? Many haven't. That's taking a chance. They also produce those adorable Creepshow 3 3/4 figures. They don't hjave an army of pr people either. Is one necessary to simply snap a picture and add a blurb and put it on Facebook?

With Amok Time~ The minute they have a go ahead on a project, they show what they have (even f its simply a digital rendering) offer a street date, and pre-order link.  There is no "Anybody know anything about these? Nope. Ain't heard jack crap" nonsense. Even when they have had to delay things, or scrap them outright, they address the issue, hat in hand, and break the news to fans (Masque of the Red Death 1/6, Blacula's lack of interchangable heads). They don't just leave people in limbo.... as has been done by many monster toy producers in the past.

Amok Time have no retail outlets save their own online store...  and ebay. They aren't a fortune 500 company. They are a shop out of NY. They have learned what the customer base would like because its what they like. From IP material to news about the items. All many of us are saying is this; if you want your product to succeed....we have no know how to be able to buy it. Or if it's been cancelled. Or whatever....

I don't think it takes an army to do that. Anymore than a small handful of frustrated fans constitutes a mob with pitchforks and torches. ;) 8)

Remco Wolfman

Ugly_Thing

Nothing but love for Super 7 coming from this guy; I really dig many of the properties they choose to get involved with!  (Well, maybe not in love with some of their prices, but various factors necessitate this I suppose.)

Moving right along.....

Does anyone have any info on this fella?  I've had him for a number of years.  He's got the look and feel of a 60s/70s mechanical novelty figure, though he was probably made in the 80s/90s.  No markings that I can see.  (?)  Arms are bendy wireframe. 
He's supposed to rattle back & forth and bemoan "Happy Halloween!" all while his eyes glow red, but these days he sort of just shuffles a bit - noisily - while emitting indigestion croaks. 
Yes, I know he needs a good dusting/lint brush treatment.

Bonus pic -- simmering base from yesterday's delicious cacciatore!

LordMudd

I remember back in the day when we got our information about toys from printed magazines where the article might make it to you at the same time as the toy, if there was even an article at all. Finding out a toy existed was seeing it on the peg. Now companies announce toys on the internet before design work has even been started and if something happens, nothing further is said, they just fade into the mist. The advertising industry has created an instant gratification culture and manufacturing cannot keep up. In other words, they made the monster and then it got loose! Most of the people running these companies have forgotten the value of one's word, or that if you don't keep it once you give it, people will stop believing you. Also the internet has created a no accountability culture. People can say things without having to be responsible for them, which makes it easy for anonymous people to make excuses for the people who do not keep their word. This does not make a lie any less a lie or repair a broken word. If there is any possibility that you can't do it, be smart and just keep your big mouth shut!

CCC.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: LordMudd on September 21, 2018, 09:30:19 AM
I remember back in the day when we got our information about toys from printed magazines where the article might make it to you at the same time as the toy, if there was even an article at all. Finding out a toy existed was seeing it on the peg. Now companies announce toys on the internet before design work has even been started and if something happens, nothing further is said, they just fade into the mist. The advertising industry has created an instant gratification culture and manufacturing cannot keep up. In other words, they made the monster and then it got loose! Most of the people running these companies have forgotten the value of one's word, or that if you don't keep it once you give it, people will stop believing you. Also the internet has created a no accountability culture. People can say things without having to be responsible for them, which makes it easy for anonymous people to make excuses for the people who do not keep their word. This does not make a lie any less a lie or repair a broken word. If there is any possibility that you can't do it, be smart and just keep your big mouth shut!

CCC.

Dang...this is hot typing. I may just be the new president of the Ohio chapter of your fan club.  8) ;)

Remco Wolfman