Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

MonsterBaker666

I sure hope they come out with them in color. 

Mike Scott

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on May 21, 2023, 01:44:32 PM
I sure hope they come out with them in color.

People usually start with the color ones and then the variants come later.
CREATURE FAN

TheMadScientist

I'm sure they'll release color ones at some point. I skipped the GITD, but got a set of the B&W.

I just wish there was a Dracula one. Irritates me that so much of Suepr7's stuff doesn't include him. I'd honestly be ok with generic versions, if the issue is Lugosi licensing.

MonsterBaker666

When Super 7 showed off the Soapies prototypes several years ago there was no Dracula one.  But they do have a licensing agreement with Lugosi Enterprises, so who knows.  Maybe one day.

MonsterBaker666

Yippee!!  Super 7 has up for sale the Universal Monsters full color Super Soakies (available individually or the entire group of 6 together).  If you also want the Metaluna Mutant in color, you have to order him separately as he is not part of the Universal Monsters group. 

Mike Scott

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on June 05, 2023, 12:28:16 PM
Yippee!!  Super 7 has up for sale the Universal Monsters full color Super Soakies

Just got the email and ordered the Creature! I didn't think these would come so quickly after the b/w ones.
CREATURE FAN

MonsterBaker666

Yeah, after waiting...how many years(??!!) for these to finally be released, I wondered if they would release full color versions at all!

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 05, 2023, 01:31:24 PM
Just got the email and ordered the Creature! I didn't think these would come so quickly after the b/w ones.

Did you see the Glow Creech mask?
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Dr.Terror on June 05, 2023, 01:55:52 PM

Did you see the Glow Creech mask?

Missed it! Thanks!

Order amended!
CREATURE FAN

Palifan

Finally! Wow, this colour way took forever to drop, but I decided to take the plunge on the main 4 of them (you can probably guess which fab 4). The original glow wave was as expensive to ship as it was to buy for me in the UK, which was the reason I held off for this wave. The strange thing was the shipping was still going to be around $60 for the cheapest option, but they had another option for FedEx International Connect Plus, which was only $26. I've no idea if I'll get invoiced for more money, or if there's some kind of catch but I thought it was worth a try.

Now I've just got to hope that I don't get import fees and extra shipping costs, let alone these things leaking. I really don't want the soap liquid and will probably get rid of it once I have them anyway. It's that extra weight that makes these things so expensive to ship over here.

Glad I finally have a set though :)

Ian

Mike Scott

Quote from: Palifan on June 05, 2023, 03:48:43 PM
I've no idea if I'll get invoiced for more money, or if there's some kind of catch but I thought it was worth a try.

That's what keeps me from ordering from other countries. I have ordered new magazines from the UK and although the shipping was high, compared to domestic, there weren't and further charges. Same with DVDs, except the shipping was cheap.
CREATURE FAN

James Burrell

Has anyone here used "FedEx International Connect Plus"? At $18.86 USD for the shipping rate of three UM Soapies to Canada, it's about half the cost of the cheapest USPS option. But I never heard about this service until tonight, so I don't know what to expect, and don't know whether to stick with USPS or not.

I'd prefer not to be hit with huge brokerage fees, along with possible customs/duties fees, so if anyone has info, that would be great, and very miuch appreciated. Thanks very much!

-James

Palifan

Quote from: James Burrell on June 05, 2023, 09:11:02 PM
Has anyone here used "FedEx International Connect Plus"? At $18.86 USD for the shipping rate of three UM Soapies to Canada, it's about half the cost of the cheapest USPS option. But I never heard about this service until tonight, so I don't know what to expect, and don't know whether to stick with USPS or not.

I'd prefer not to be hit with huge brokerage fees, along with possible customs/duties fees, so if anyone has info, that would be great, and very miuch appreciated. Thanks very much!

-James

I'm in the same boat shipping to the UK but I've gone for it this time and I'll just have to wait and see. I did look it up and there wasn't really any clear idea as to what it is but hopefully it wasn't a big mistake as it was the first shipping that Super7 offered me, so I'm guessing it's ok....maybe foolishly lol!

Ian