Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Terror

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 28, 2022, 10:31:08 PM
NVM, Mike found them.

There is a Soapies page, but no Soapies listed.

https://super7.com/collections/super-soapies

Im truly shocked those soiapies sold out and are very tough to find now,  Makes me wonder  if most are still sitting at their retail store etc....or they just made an extremely low number..
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

aura of foreboding

I hope they eventually release the regular color scheme. 

Dr.Terror

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 29, 2022, 12:30:43 AM
I hope they eventually release the regular color scheme.

As quickly as the glow versions sold, theyd be silly not to.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

marsattacks666

I was able to purchase a glow Franky and Metaluna. The glow Creature sold out so quickly.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

MonsterBaker666

My SDCC Glow Creature came today. Yea!Yeah!!  I'd probably enjoy it a bit more if I hadn't gotten covid.  Luckily not bad...mainly super fatigued

michblk

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on July 29, 2022, 06:24:15 PM
My SDCC Glow Creature came today. Yea!Yeah!!  I'd probably enjoy it a bit more if I hadn't gotten covid.  Luckily not bad...mainly super fatigued

Hope you feel better soon!

Brian K
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Dr.Terror on July 29, 2022, 05:13:57 AM
As quickly as the glow versions sold, theyd be silly not to.

Part of me wonders if the regular color scheme isn't languishing at sea somewhere. 

Mike Scott

My glow Creature was supposed to come Mon., but it came today.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 30, 2022, 12:07:56 PM
My glow Creature was supposed to come Mon., but it came today.

The early bird gets the worm......well, Creature.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

darkmonkeygod

Turns out the Super7 ReAction glow in the dark thin waist AHI tribute Creature from the Black Lagoon is an Entertainment Earth exclusive and is available right now:

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Dr.Terror

Shame they aren't doing the other monsters like this.   Be cool to get Frank at least.

MonsterBaker666

Yep.  I pre-ordered the Entertainment Earth Glow thin waist Creature.  Expensive, but in this case I went for it.  BUT...why are the calling it a SHE Creature??  So they think the thin waist one is a female and the thick waist one is a male?

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on August 26, 2022, 01:43:56 PM
Yep.  I pre-ordered the Entertainment Earth Glow thin waist Creature.  Expensive, but in this case I went for it.  BUT...why are the calling it a SHE Creature??  So they think the thin waist one is a female and the thick waist one is a male?

Yeah, I wasn't gonna comment on the stupidity of it but... I will. Back when, in 1986 when I was first really discussing them with other collectors, we called them "wide waist" and "wasp waist". And there are thin waist/large hips versions of the other four, it's just not as noticeably pronounced. Around 1991 or so I started heading "male" and "female", which I've always found dumb, but it really just stuck over the next decade.

When Brian Heiler created Toy Ventures Magazine, he invited a number of collectors to contribute to issue #1's AHI article and the male/female terms had long bothered several of us, so we used the "wide waist" and "thin waist" monickers since, you know, those are accurate descriptions. Why EE has run with She-Creature, I'm unsure.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

MonsterBaker666

When I first saw it, I read it quickly and thought, "Oh, they must be selling a She Creature figure as well as the thin waist Creature From The Black Lagoon. 

Would be pretty cool to see a Super 7 ReAction She Creature figure.  And other AIP monsters. 

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on August 26, 2022, 01:09:02 PM
Turns out the Super7 ReAction glow in the dark thin waist AHI tribute Creature from the Black Lagoon is an Entertainment Earth exclusive and is available right now:

Thanks! Just pre-ordered. 36 bucks. Whew!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website