Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 28, 2021, 09:49:13 AM
What's the list of what they have produced so far?

Check the UMA photo archives. (Don't have the most recent releases up, yet.)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

MonsterBaker666

So what would the "issues" be that would delay just this one figure?  Inquiring minds want to know.

aura of foreboding

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on November 28, 2021, 12:41:24 PM
So what would the "issues" be that would delay just this one figure?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know what they are, but what they could be is so myriad I wouldn't even hazard a guess. Let's just hope that whatever it is gets ironed out and the toy sees a general release.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

geezer butler

I ordered SOF, Igor, and Ardath Bey. I'm not concerned about the articulations (or lack thereof). As others have pointed out, the box art is beautiful. And I'm a kid from the late 70s/early 80s, so it's total nostalgia for me. I grew up collecting the same scale action figures of Remco UM, GI Joe, and Star Wars.

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 27, 2021, 07:03:23 PM
Does this look Grey - or just backlit?

His hair was a reddish brown color.   Streaked with grey in Ghost.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Subatomic_Matt

Adding to the hopes of a series 4, I'd love to see:

- Werewolf of London (tho honestly, I'd rather him be in his non-robed look. Remember the Sideshow figure? YEAH!)
- Renfield
- Henry Frankenstein
- Kharis
- Dracula's Daughter
- Fritz

A damsel in distress would be neat, as would a Van Helsing (my fav) but I kinda doubt they delve too far into non-monsters and as it is, I feel like most of the imaginary series 4 I just listed would be a little bit of a reach for them anyhow.

zombiehorror

Quote from: Dr.Terror on November 29, 2021, 01:18:02 AM
His hair was a reddish brown color.   Streaked with grey in Ghost.

But as with "Son" lobby cards depict him with gray hair. Does anyone know for sure if they followed a studio color guide for lobby cards? I would assume so and that the colorist wasn't just left to their own imaginations.

Mike Scott

Quote from: zombiehorror on November 30, 2021, 10:50:18 PM
I would assume so and that the colorist wasn't just left to their own imaginations.

Sometimes I think they were. Like the green Metaluna Mutant on the T.I.E. lobby cards.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Dr.Terror

Quote from: zombiehorror on November 30, 2021, 10:50:18 PM
But as with "Son" lobby cards depict him with gray hair. Does anyone know for sure if they followed a studio color guide for lobby cards? I would assume so and that the colorist wasn't just left to their own imaginations.

No strict guides back then.  This one being a perfect example.     Green sleeves (some have blue), Ygor with grey and red hair.  Wolf in blue.    They were hand tinted so they wouldnt be accurate regardless.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Count Zachula

I like this color aesthetic. Would be cool to see figures colored like that with the packaging made to replicate the actual lobby card.

Anton Phibes

Got my figures today. Color on Frank more subdued than pics.

MonsterBaker666

I ordered all 4 on Wave 3 (Already have Creature Walks Among Us) and they'ce been shipped.  Probably will get the on Saturday. 

Subatomic_Matt

Like Anton Phibes says, the Son Frank figure is much more subdued in colors. The sleeves are a darker burnt orange and the pants are a lighter-than-the-other Frank gray/green.

Count Zachula

Got mine yesterday. The Super7 Monster Family is strong...