Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 14, 2020, 03:06:27 AM
Oh! I thought you were wondering why the toy wasn't re-released in Wave 3.

No, no.  That's what I thought you thought I was saying, so I had to clarify. 

There's a mystery over why The Mutant is not on the card starting with Wave 2, and I was trying to offer suggestions as to why.  :)

Mike Scott

Quote from: aura of foreboding on December 14, 2020, 03:41:03 PM
There's a mystery over why The Mutant is not on the card starting with Wave 2

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to make a new card with the Mutant missing.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

darkmonkeygod

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 15, 2020, 04:44:43 PM
Why?

I don't think that's public knowledge.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

aura of foreboding

There's a lot of reading what isn't there in these last few pages...  And I'm okay with that.   ;)

NightCrawler

Wasn't Hunchback of Notre Dame supposed to be in this wave?

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 15, 2020, 05:39:27 PM
So, you're saying it is separately licensed?

Consider that perhaps the Metaluna Mutant is currently not being licensed at all.

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: NightCrawler on December 15, 2020, 07:53:28 PM
Wasn't Hunchback of Notre Dame supposed to be in this wave?

"Supposed to", no. Photos of the prototype got out as they always do these days, but there has been no announcemnt of nor solicitation for it.

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on December 15, 2020, 11:55:08 PM
Consider that perhaps the Metaluna Mutant is currently not being licensed at all.

Are you being vague on purpose, for some reason unknown to me? (Or, am I just thick?)
CREATURE FAN

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 16, 2020, 01:19:34 AM
Are you being vague on purpose, for some reason unknown to me? (Or, am I just thick?)

Indeed, it's you. I don't believe the Mutant is currently available for license.

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on December 16, 2020, 01:44:35 AM
I don't believe the Mutant is currently available for license.

OK. I guess I can't tell you why I don't believe in flying saucers, either.
CREATURE FAN

VulcansFury

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on December 16, 2020, 01:44:35 AM
Indeed, it's you. I don't believe the Mutant is currently available for license.
So, baseless speculation then. Metaluna has never been UM's "A"=level monster. Super7 has sold through their first and second runs of Metaluna, they still have a ton of the other wave 1 & 2 figures available because those are their "heavy hitters". Covid is actually a thing, and has had FAR reaching effects to the nooks and crannies of everything that most people will never realize. We have a CWAU figure ready to go, let's just quickly photoshop him into a cardback without having to deal with the EXPENSE of mounting a new photo shoot while under whatever time constraints they were dealing with months ago prior to their manufacture and arrival on our shore. NO official statement, NO mention of Metaluna falling out of UM's control. NO mention of any "removal" of rights to release Wave 3 but you'd imagine that Super7 would have a license window longer than a couple of months, and Super7 has invested $100,000's into steel molds to make Wave 3

"REEEEEEE THE SKY IS FALLLLIIIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!". Look, I'll be the first to admit that Super7 has never been the most forthcoming on being transparent on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. But all this Chicken Little screeching with NO official mention of cancellation is getting to be a bit much from everyone doing so.

Do you think Nova and Taylor in loincloth are the best selling Planet of the Apes ReAction figures? Those are the only two completely sold out at S7's website. NO, Super7 orders higher quantities of their "heavy hitters". I like Metaluna, I bought more of Metaluna than any other UM ReAction because I wanted an army (I'm probably not alone on that), but if I were a retailer I'd be taking larger chances on stocking Draculas, Frankensteins, Creatures, etc.

ASK SUPER7. Keep asking. but until it's official that wave 3 is cancelled (which I don't believe it is), can we please cut all the baseless speculation where some people think their belief is actual fact?