Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungestMonsterKid

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 20, 2020, 10:17:59 PM
MIM PRE-ORDER
$17.99

Here is a new wave of ReAction Action Figures to Celebrate the Universal Monsters Legacy. Each figure is about 3.75 inches tall and comes in a retro figure packaging similar to the classic Kenner figures of the 1980's.

Shipping Wednesday November 25, 2020 (subject to change).

Mummy Ardeth Bey 3.75" ReAction Action Figure Universal Monsters Wave 3
https://monstersinmotion.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cd2949a495513492c7fbecbec&id=3aa04b47ec&e=c00f325267

Creature Walks Among Us 3.75" ReAction Action Figure Universal Monsters Wave 3
https://monstersinmotion.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cd2949a495513492c7fbecbec&id=fd1fab10ad&e=c00f325267

Frankenstein Ygor 3.75" ReAction Action Figure Universal Monsters Wave 3
https://monstersinmotion.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cd2949a495513492c7fbecbec&id=6811284f13&e=c00f325267

Son of Frankenstein 3.75" ReAction Action Figure Universal Monsters Wave 3
https://monstersinmotion.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cd2949a495513492c7fbecbec&id=d064b0a828&e=c00f325267

Werewolf of London 3.75" ReAction Action Figure Universal Monsters Wave 3
https://monstersinmotion.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cd2949a495513492c7fbecbec&id=0183d7062a&e=c00f325267

So I didn't bother reading this whole thread but are these still "Coming Soon"?
I would've expected they'd be ready by October.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 19, 2020, 05:15:43 PM
Stlll says coming soon/pre-order. ... 

Too bad sellers and buyers can't get together on just what constitutes "soon".
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 19, 2020, 06:58:56 PM
Too bad sellers and buyers can't get together on just what constitutes "soon".

"The Fire Dept. will be there, soon!"
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 19, 2020, 09:33:10 PM
"The Fire Dept. will be there, soon!" 

I'm glad Super 7 doesn't run the fire department.
ADAM

Subatomic_Matt

Re: "coming soon"
Same thing happened last year and it sucks. You'd think with a whoooole year to get these ready they could hit the mark with the first of September for Halloween prep.

I love the stuff they've put out for our Monsters but the lackadaisical release date for the third year now SUUUUUCKS. 

Joseph_Baeza

"Let's Get Ready To Get Ready!" - Michael Buffer, as it relates to Super 7 Uni Monsters

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on October 28, 2020, 03:20:26 PM
"Let's Get Ready To Get Ready!" - Michael Buffer, as it relates to Super 7 Uni Monsters 

That's what I like. Clear, unambiguous and informative.  Just the sort of thing that we've come to expect from Super7.
ADAM

fearliath

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on October 28, 2020, 03:38:51 PM
That's what I like. Clear, unambiguous and informative.  Just the sort of thing that we've come to expect from Super7.

Seems like it's the same story with most companies now. Super 7, MEGO, NECA and on and on.

VulcansFury

Well, seeing as how Wave 1 debuted with SDCC variants then the line was out for Halloween, and wave 2 debuted with SDCC variants and was then out with the regular versions before Halloween, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Super7 was telling the truth that covid was responsible for the wave 3 delays.

I honestly don't what what everyone's background here is when it comes to understanding the industry and all its moving parts, but the dirtiest of secrets is that when you're dealing with manufacturing in that part of the world, they are *notorious* for cutting as many corners as they can get away with. For every company dealing with them, it's pretty much essential to have your companies representative out the visiting the factories to make sure you don't take delivery on a massive shipment and find out that what you got was not what you ordered/expected. Why do you think it's so easy for us to spot bootlegs with their brittle or poor quality paint ops, excess flash on the mold lines, substandard and missing paint ops, etc, etc?

You can't design "x", order "x" and expect to receive "x" precisely as designed. There are a lot of manufacturers who will omit at least one step in the quality control process. And while everyone with a limited basic level of understanding will say manufacturers are back open and shipping is happening again, covid still massively impaired the quality control checks (which can take MANY back and forths to get agreed upon) and theres still a backlog.

Surely you guys remember the end of the Funko/ReAction collaboration days? Corners were massively cut on heat-sealing the bubbles to stay on properly, and what probably looked okay at the factory the reps didn't know until they got here to shelves how easily those bubbles just popped right off. You have to really, REALLY look closely at your product because most of the manufacturers WILL cut any corner they can, including rushing your stuff through where they don't properly seal bubbles to cards.

I don't know about you but I'm happier to have a good product rather than meet a Halloween deadline.

Count Zachula

Well put, Vulcan. Thank you for that.

I would also not mind waiting longer if we get a better product.  I think what we're most worried about is the line being cancelled.  I think most of us are excited for this wave because it features characters that haven't gotten too much merchandising.

VulcansFury

Thanks Count.

I honestly think we're well past the point where Super7 has invested enough in the tooling that there's no way this wave will be scrapped. S7 hasn't lost the UM license, they're still going full bore on making more ReActions, and boy howdy do they love Monsters! I'd wager we're 99.9% certain to get this wave, its only a matter of "when", not "if". I'm still anticipating news on Wave 4.

The other thing I've noticed about their UM ReActions is that they went back and did another run on wave 1 (& 2??), since Metaluna Alien was long sold out and they've been emailing and promoting online for more wave 1 & 2 sales. So they've been keeping control over the original tooling molds, and they're likely going to keep their Universal license active as long as possible. They've already made in-roads into Target and had 2 Transformers variant exclusives. I strongly suspect one year we'll see a "Best Of" assortment at retail, probably Target or Wal Mart's new Collectors Section, which would thrill me to see some kids discover these figures like I did with the Remco's in my youth.

TL;DR I strongly believe Super7 is sticking with Universal Monsters for the long haul.

Anton Phibes

How far deep can they go and still have it be worthwhile (IE profitable)? Personally a Kharis Mummy, Carradine Dracula, Mad Ghoul, Ape Woman, Maleva, Countess Zaleska, Van Helsing, Renfield, and many others would thrill die hard older poops like me. But we die hard older poops are a minority....would they keep chugging along?

fearliath

Quote from: VulcansFury on October 28, 2020, 09:39:29 PM
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Super7 was telling the truth that covid was responsible for the wave 3 delays.

Have they ever said that? I think peoples concern is based on the lack of saying anything other than "soon". And it extends beyond Reaction or Super 7. The Super Soakies have been advertised with actual release dates twice in the past 2 years (most recently for a spring/early summer release of 2020). Sculpts and all the QC are 100% done on those and have been for over a year. Those Soakies sitting on the shelf behind Mr. Flynn in his videos are production versions (he told me that himself).

I love Super 7. Thrilled they're producing this stuff. Everyone's concern is they lose the Universal license before they get a lot of this stuff released (Soakies, puzzles).