Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

That picture they use for Ygor is certainly an interesting choice considering it isn't Lugosi,lol.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on May 20, 2020, 11:21:50 PM
That picture they use for Ygor is certainly an interesting choice considering it isn't Lugosi,lol.

Rick Baker, right?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 20, 2020, 11:55:15 PM
Rick Baker, right?

I dunno if it's a Baker Z brush or not....I just know it isn't a direct pic of ole Blue Eyes.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Super7 stores in San Francisco and San Diego reopening!

We are reopening our retail stores in California for curbside pick-up tomorrow (Friday, May 22nd)!

Super7 San Francisco: Please contact us by e-mail at SFstore(*at*)super7.com or call (415) 374-7190 to place your orders. Temporary Store hours 12-5pm everyday. Follow Super7 S.F. on Instagram: (*at*)super7store_16thst

Super7 San Diego: Please contact us by e-mail at SDstore(*at*)super7.com or call (619) 339-2642 to place your orders. Temporary Store hours 12-5pm everyday. Follow Super7 San Diego on Instagram: (*at*)super7sandiego

Please have a look on Super7.com to see what's available or contact a store with any inquiries.

Our store staff will be following all safety precautions as outlined by their respective City and County. Please protect yourselves as well by wearing masks during curbside pick up.

Thank you for supporting Super7!

[/b]
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Count Zachula

I see a lot of people use the Baker photo instead of an actual one of Lugosi. It is an uncanny make up, a little TOO uncanny maybe...

Subatomic_Matt

Anybody have an ideas for a base body to do a head and hand swap with for the forthcoming "Werewolf
of London" figure? I really want him in his lurking clothes!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on May 26, 2020, 04:05:24 AM
Anybody have an ideas for a base body to do a head and hand swap with for the forthcoming "Werewolf
of London" figure?

What scale?
CREATURE FAN

fearliath

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 26, 2020, 11:26:39 AM
What scale?

I imagine 3.75" (1/18 scale ish) for the forthcoming Super 7 Werewolf of London figure.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on May 26, 2020, 05:53:34 PM
I imagine 3.75" (1/18 scale ish) for the forthcoming Super 7 Werewolf of London figure.

Oh yeah! Duh!
CREATURE FAN

Subatomic_Matt

Sorry, I should've made that clear!

I'm trying to figure out another 3 3/4" figure I could use to make the Werewolf of London in his
prowling around clothes, like the old Sideshow version. I can do without the hat and figure I'll have to
make the cloak with fabric but a base figure in that suit jacket is eluding me.

I'm not great with sculpting but can do the paint job fine. And I've developed a way to swap heads and hands on these figures that involves a little cutting, some drilling, and the use of a makeshift peg to hold the hands/head in place. So swapping those out would t be an issue. I just can't find the right body to use. The "They Live" guy is a different type of suit and wouldn't work and I'm out of ideas.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on May 27, 2020, 12:54:27 AM

Sorry, I should've made that clear!

I'm trying to figure out another 3 3/4" figure I could use to make the Werewolf of London in his
prowling around clothes, like the old Sideshow version. I can do without the hat and figure I'll have to
make the cloak with fabric but a base figure in that suit jacket is eluding me.

I'm not great with sculpting but can do the paint job fine. And I've developed a way to swap heads and hands on these figures that involves a little cutting, some drilling, and the use of a makeshift peg to hold the hands/head in place. So swapping those out would t be an issue. I just can't find the right body to use. The "They Live" guy is a different type of suit and wouldn't work and I'm out of ideas.

If you wanted to make the character as he appeared in the film's finale, the They Live suit alien actually would work. When he attacks at the Monk's Rest, and at the end of the flick, he's just in a normal suit. He's actually in a normal suit for more of the flick as the werewolf than he is in the hat scarf and coat combo. Just a thought if you wish to make it easier on yourself.

Subatomic_Matt

May have to try that! I need to grab a "They Live" guy and see how he'd look with a darker painted jacket.

VulcansFury

Just FYI they are having a 20% off sale until 6-21-20 automatically for orders over $100 (no code required)

Now, if only we can get them to answer more of the Q&A quarantine questions, specifically whether or not we'll get MORE Munsters than just the three shown (Need the entire family including Eddie and Marilyn, and want Zombo, Uncle Gil and the Racing outfit versions of Herman & Grampa)

I just recently ordered their Army Of Ash set. I wish it were more Army of Darkness than Army of Ash with 4 Ash variants. It makes me think they don't plan on making any further, since you usually need the hero to "anchor" the wave and they almost entirely blew their load with wave 1, unless you count S-Mart Ash & Rip Van Winkle Ash. SO many Deadites still needed, including a plain vanilla version.