Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on February 24, 2020, 11:35:07 PM
You are so right, Joseph. The first time I ever saw a Sideshow figure was at Target right after New Year's (1999). I saw the first wave of the 8"ers and thought I was dreaming. I bought doubles of all three. Then, the 12"ers hit, and I was hooked. I loved those "into the wild" toy hunts (before the internet ruined the thrill). Good times!

Wow! Target carried Sideshow?! You are lucky to had find those at Target. Toys R Us and local comic book shops had some Sideshow(s). If one could locate them.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

aura of foreboding

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 25, 2020, 12:49:44 AM
Wow! Target carried Sideshow?! You are lucky to had find those at Target. Toys R Us and local comic book shops had some Sideshow(s). If one could locate them.
Yes, those series one SS 8" ers were at Target, Wall Mart, T'r'U, and other stores. The best thing is that they were under 10 dollars at the big box stores.

Subatomic_Matt

I recall buying series 1 and 2 of those Sideshow figures at Wal-Mart. I was so excited to get the Creature!

I wonder if anybody at Super7 would consider making Hammer Horror Reaction figures?

I also wonder if anybody at Toy Fair inquired about a Ceasare from "Caligari"?

Monsters For Sale

I'm a little surprised that ReAction hasn't made a few "accessories".

Dungeon Torture Devices wouldn't require as much licensing.  Nor would Electronic Equipment, Laboratory Tables, Mad Doctor Glassware or Coffins & Tombstones.  A couple Creepy Doorways for backdrops would be nice.
ADAM

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 25, 2020, 07:11:37 AM
I'm a little surprised that ReAction hasn't made a few "accessories".

Dungeon Torture Devices wouldn't require as much licensing.  Nor would Electronic Equipment, Laboratory Tables, Mad Doctor Glassware or Coffins & Tombstones.  A couple Creepy Doorways for backdrops would be nice.

Stuff like that would definitely make me more interested in collecting that figure line. That's a great idea!
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on February 25, 2020, 12:10:21 PM
Or any.

Depends if they use Universal art on the cards to tie it to any specific movie.  That would make them of more interest to the collector.
ADAM

AndyFish

The "Playsets" they've done have been shelf warmers-- Planet of the Apes Statue of Liberty cardboard cutout with some plastic rocks.   Not exactly a strong indicator that they're into the playset category.   

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: AndyFish on February 25, 2020, 02:35:47 PM
The "Playsets" they've done have been shelf warmers-- Planet of the Apes Statue of Liberty cardboard cutout with some plastic rocks.   Not exactly a strong indicator that they're into the playset category.

Amazing.

Who could pass up a quality playset like a cardboard cutout of the Statue of Liberty and some plastic rocks?  Has the world gone mad?
ADAM

Count Zachula

They did make this "haunted house" a couple years back. I've seen pop up books that look better.

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 25, 2020, 02:59:50 PM
Amazing.

Who could pass up a quality playset like a cardboard cutout of the Statue of Liberty and some plastic rocks?  Has the world gone mad?

I'm still waiting for a Monolith Monsters playset.

Wolfman

Quote from: Count Zachula on February 25, 2020, 03:03:07 PM

They did make this "haunted house" a couple years back. I've seen pop up books that look better.
I'm not sure I would have played with this at 5 years old. Lame.

JP

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Count Zachula on February 25, 2020, 03:03:07 PM
...  They did make this "haunted house" a couple years back. I've seen pop up books that look better. 

I remember that now.  And it was only $75, right?

I withdraw my suggestion that Super7 makes any accessories.  Just forget I said anything, anything at all.
ADAM

aura of foreboding

I don't know why S7 doesn't take on the Kenner model for playsets like they do with their figures.  Plastic is not that expensive.