Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: Mord on October 23, 2019, 01:25:05 PM
Beautiful cards, really crappy figures. I hate what they did to the Creature with the b.j. mouth.

I didn't like the red mouth on the series 1 figure. A little bit of careful work with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and then a sewing needle to scratch off the tiny excess and I got all the red gone. Gonna do it with the Revenge one too!

Posted a picture of mine back on page  105:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=32399.1560

Mike Scott

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on October 23, 2019, 02:15:14 PM
A little bit of careful work with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and then a sewing needle to scratch off the tiny excess and I got all the red gone.

How do I get the Magic Eraser inside the plastic bubble?  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 23, 2019, 02:38:21 PM

If there was a way to unseal, get the red out, and re-seal, I would do so too. With all the variants they love to do, why isn't this an option? Moreover, there are people who seem to like monochromatic versions of these guys. Why are they letting that potential variant slip thru their fingers?

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 23, 2019, 02:56:49 PM
If there was a way to unseal, get the red out, and re-seal, I would do so too. With all the variants they love to do, why isn't this an option? Moreover, there are people who seem to like monochromatic versions of these guys. Why are they letting that potential variant slip thru their fingers?

I wish someone would do the 3¾"  (it's roughly 1/18 scale) with bendable knees.  It would be nice to be able to sit the figures in chairs and various vehicles.  And there is a lot of 1/18 stuff out there.
ADAM

Mike Scott

With all the variants they love to do, why isn't this an option?

Yeah, you should be able to choose between regular colored mouth and Baboon ass color!
CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 23, 2019, 02:38:21 PM

Ironically, my series one ReAction Creature came off the card. So I have a perfect card, bubble, and figure (just not together).

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

MrDark1

Does anyone know if they will offer posters of the new card art ?

Mike Scott

Quote from: MrDark1 on October 23, 2019, 07:06:08 PM
Does anyone know if they will offer posters of the new card art ?

The had those 4 prints from the first wave (Frank, Bride, Mummy and Creature), but I haven't heard anything about any more.

A portfolio of all the card art would be nice!  :)
CREATURE FAN

VulcansFury

I hope you guys get yours before Halloween! I remember they are notorious for shipping delays.

I think I'm going to just skip this wave. I open all of my figures, so I think I'm good with the older Funko ReActions from a couple years back. $18 a pop is just nuts. I just got a ton of new Megos at $15 each and they are 8 inches tall, so paying more for far less is just not very palatable. I spent time calculating every new release I originally wanted in the past couple months and it's just becoming less reasonable. I'll see what BBTS still honors based on my older pre-orders that still haven't come in (Robocop!). It sucks, I love the format, but I already collect way too much stuff as it is. I'll get them if they go on sale for $15, and I'll be looking forward for whomever is NEW in wave 3 (not just updated sculpts, I want new characters). I'm getting less value for the f***ing I get for the f***ing I get :)

There is just TOO much stuff dropping these months before Christmas (and that includes Blu Rays!), with the NECA goodies, Mego, Blu Rays of Hammer and Universal and 80's Horror, etc, etc, etc that I can't justify paying $18 for a NON-Bela Dracula and yet another version of 6 figures I already own several times over.

Sorry, but for $18 I would fully expect Super-Articulated figures (and don't get me started on how bad I'd love a Hasbro Indiana Jones style super-articulated Universal Monsters line!). I wouldn't have so much distaste for Super7 as a company if they hadn't jacked up the prices on all of their old stock. 

Super7, if you're reading this, maybe you can go retro like Sears and give us plain cardboard box bundles for those who don't care for carded figures and lower your price point. (And put your old stock back to their original pricing!). If this were an option, I wouldn't bother with the Chinese bootlegs selling them for 5 for $16 blind packs.

Joseph_Baeza

Moreover, there are people who seem to like monochromatic versions of these guys. Why are they letting that potential variant slip thru their fingers?
Richard, let's not give Super7 any reason to create yet another series of variants!  Oy Vey!  All I can say to Super7 is GIMME MY WAVE 3 FIGURES, MY SOAKIES, AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on October 24, 2019, 03:21:49 PM
Richard, let's not give Super7 any reason to create yet another series of variants!  Oy Vey!  All I can say to Super7 is GIMME MY WAVE 3 FIGURES, MY SOAKIES, AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Lol, you know it's coming. Only a matter of time. I ordered my wave 2, but no tracking number yet. It doesn't really bother me that they probably wont be here by Halloween. As far as marketing goes, however: they missed the boat.

Mord

The only variants I would like Super 7 to make are the "well sculpted editions". They can do those any color they choose.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on October 24, 2019, 04:57:39 PM
The only variants I would like Super 7 to make are the "well sculpted editions". They can do those any color they choose.

I just look at the pretty card art and ignore the figure.

fearliath

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on October 24, 2019, 03:21:49 PM

I'm sure they'll make variants because people will buy variants. If you look at how many variants they made, sold out of, and in some cases reissued of Nosferatu it's clear people are all about the variants. I could see (and would welcome) a GITD version of all the monsters. Not crazy neon colors, but standard glow in the dark like the Remco Mini's were (and like the Nosferatu GITD figure was).

I wouldn't be surprised if they also make a B&W version of at least some of them. I have seen people (not me) calling for them at times and in places.