Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 18, 2019, 04:58:01 PM
Damn! I suppose you won't be able to get them at the con, then.

Mike lots of Boodega merch on EBAY. Including the towl.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 18, 2019, 05:25:06 PM
Mike lots of Boodega merch on EBAY. Including the towl.

If you wanna pay 150 bucks for a $35 towel.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 18, 2019, 05:57:59 PM

Yeah. That's what I thought. Ridiculous prices.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

fearliath

Well to be fair... it's a $5 towel with an image of the Creature on it costing another $10 to print in a limited run and then an enormous Universal licensing fee tagged on and then a profit built in from Super 7 and then an obscene profit from a smelly guy who stood in line for 4 hours to buy the towel and sell it on eBay.  'Merica!!!!

deadonarrival

There are a few at $90 free shipping. Not that i condone supporting scalpers but $90 is a bit better than $150+

LordMudd

Subatomic_Matt

Quote from: fearliath on July 18, 2019, 04:14:21 PM
A few things that I heard from the Boodega (I know someone who went and spoke with someone who definitely knows):

Attendance
There were at least twice as many people on the opening night this year as there were last year (I went last year and there were a lot of people). This year there was a line all the way up one city block and down 3/4 of the next block before it even opened. There was apparently no small degree of interest.

Boodega Exclusive Reaction Figures
They look WAY cooler in person than in pictures. They actually look amazing. I usually don't like that kind of weird paint scheme stuff but they look like candy monster art.

Future Reaction Figures
I know they are making at least 2 of the Reaction characters on your list as part of UM Series 3 and I'm almost certain that at least one of the others is in Series 3. I've only only heard of three of them so some of the others you listed may be included as well. They are also in the early stages of working on a Series 4 (but of course that completely depends on how Series 2 and 3 sell). I can't say the characters quite yet because then people get sued and they don't get made. That would make me very sad.  They likely won't be showing the sculpts until Toy Fair because the want to have them finished before showing including card art.

Super Soakies
The Super Soakies are still coming.

Monster Puzzles
The back of the Creature puzzle box says "Collect all Four" and shows pictures of Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Mummy in addition to the Creature. I believe those as well as the Creature puzzle itself will be in wide release this fall. I know the Creature one will be for sure.

Creature Towels
I'm pretty sure these will be sold out. Sorry. Keep checking their website after Comic Con but I can't imagine those aren't gone. Everyone was buying them. Then again, everyone was buying everything.

Thanks very much for all the info!! A series 3 (and 4) leave me hopeful! As do the Soakies!

By any chance did anybody say when Series 2 Reaction will be coming out?

TheMadScientist

Quote from: deadonarrival on July 18, 2019, 06:41:56 PM
There are a few at $90 free shipping. Not that i condone supporting scalpers but $90 is a bit better than $150+

I will admit that I snagged one for $70 on eBay. haha

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

deadonarrival

Saw some of the upcoming reaction figures. Dr caligari, mars attacks and my pet monster.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Ey7W3Hsf2/?igshid=zhf5g8x9hmzd

fearliath

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on July 18, 2019, 08:40:36 PM

By any chance did anybody say when Series 2 Reaction will be coming out?

I don't think they'll be as late as last year. They're further along at this point than they were on Series 1... but sometimes Chinese factories don't make things easy.

Quote from: deadonarrival on July 18, 2019, 08:50:14 PM
Saw some of the upcoming reaction figures. Dr caligari, mars attacks and my pet monster.

Pretty excited about that Dr. Caligari

Anton Phibes

Quote from: deadonarrival on July 18, 2019, 08:50:14 PM

Mars attacks...Topps cards or Tim Burton flick? I love the one, hate the other.

deadonarrival

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 18, 2019, 09:30:08 PM
Mars attacks...Topps cards or Tim Burton flick? I love the one, hate the other.

As far as the preview pic i saw, tops cards. It didnt have a prototype of the figure, just art from the old cards. But in reaction figure form i'm not sure the figure would look too much different no matter what source they went with. At least the card art will most likely be more appealing than movie stills. :)

Anton Phibes

It appears the puzzles are simply the art used on the cards and the prints in puzzle form. No Wolfman. Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature and Mummy.  Hmmmnnn...decisions, decisions.... :angel: