Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura of foreboding

Quote from: fearliath on July 03, 2019, 05:29:54 PM
It would not surprise me at all if they did a Creature Walks Among Us. And I'll take a Hunchback as it's never been done in this scale. I would love some Human figures (Van Helsing, Henry Frankenstein, Bela the Gypsy, Ygor)

Walks Among Us would be great!  Yeah, I am just not a huge fan of the Hunchback.  I suppose, if done right, it would look cool in this scale.  And, yes, I would buy him.  I'm a sucker for this scale.  I want all of those "human" characters!  Maleva too! 

Mike Scott

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 03, 2019, 05:30:08 PM
Yeah, and Ed Repka is painting for the following set, series 3.  :)

But not for set 2?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 03, 2019, 06:37:41 PM
But not for set 2?

He did (most of) those back when he did S1 (Frank, Drac, Bride).  This is an all new, brand new set with all new characters with art we have yet to see.   

fearliath

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 03, 2019, 06:37:41 PM
But not for set 2?

Ed Repka has done the art for all the Super 7 Universal Monster Reaction figures as well as the soda bottles, puzzle and other items.

Reaction Series 1 (Released last fall) included:
-Creature from the Black Lagoon
-Wolfman
-Mummy
-Phantom (Mask of the Red Death)
-Mole People
-Metaluna Mutant

Reaction Series 2 (to be released in the coming weeks/months) includes:
-Frankenstein
-Dracula
-Bride of Frankenstein
-Phantom of the Opera
-Revenge of the Creature
-Invisible Man

Reaction Series 3 (characters and release date to be determined)

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on July 03, 2019, 07:36:18 PM
Reaction Series 2 (to be released in the coming weeks/months) includes:
-Frankenstein
-Dracula
-Bride of Frankenstein
-Phantom of the Opera
-Revenge of the Creature
-Invisible Man

Anybody seen any of these figures, besides the Creature? I haven't seen any of the card art.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: fearliath on July 03, 2019, 05:23:59 PM
They're pretty popular. I think they have.  As evidence this is page 86 and counting of posts right here dedicated to their stuff. I'm not even defending them. I'd love it if those creature towels were freely available, I'd buy 4. But I understand their marketing strategy and history proves it works. Convention exclusives are what every company does.

If the mere length of this thread indicates such a resounding endorsement of what they are doing, and how they are doing it, why do they avoid reading it?  I would have thought they would welcome the heaps of praise and compliments.

And why would it even occur to you they might need defending from such overwhelming approbation?

Just curious.
ADAM

fearliath

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 03, 2019, 07:55:36 PM
If the mere length of this thread indicates such a resounding endorsement of what they are doing, and how they are doing it, why do they avoid reading it?  I would have thought they would welcome the heaps of praise and compliments.

And why would it even occur to you they might need defending from such overwhelming approbation?

Just curious.

I have no idea what you're even arguing. If you're not on Twitter, run, don't walk. You're a match made in heaven.

deadonarrival

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 03, 2019, 07:42:36 PM
Anybody seen any of these figures, besides the Creature? I haven't seen any of the card art.

Amoktime also has close ups of each figure but no card art

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

deadonarrival

And just my 2 cents (with inflation is mostly worthless).
I think creature walks, son of frank and drac's daughter are likely candidates for series 3. Beyond that, i havent a guess.

Also, i read recently that super7 just hired a new ceo. Someone with a proven track record in the business world and not just a toy hipster. That to me is a sign the company is growing beyond the capacity its at now and needs a seasoned captain at the helm. For what ever that's worth.

Mike Scott

Quote from: deadonarrival on July 03, 2019, 08:35:22 PM
[img]
Amoktime also has close ups of each figure but no card art

Oh yeah, I saw those! Never mind! (Somebody put me in a home.)
CREATURE FAN

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 03, 2019, 08:47:54 PM
Oh yeah, I saw those! Never mind! (Somebody put me in a home.)

What about a tank? 

LordMudd

Quote from: deadonarrival on July 03, 2019, 08:45:46 PM
And just my 2 cents (with inflation is mostly worthless).
I think creature walks, son of frank and drac's daughter are likely candidates for series 3. Beyond that, i havent a guess.

Also, i read recently that super7 just hired a new ceo. Someone with a proven track record in the business world and not just a toy hipster. That to me is a sign the company is growing beyond the capacity its at now and needs a seasoned captain at the helm. For what ever that's worth.

A seasoned captain may have been good for Hasbro and Mattel, but has not been so good for collectors of Hasbro and Mattel 1/18 scale figures. What may be good for the company is not always so good for the customer.

CCC.

LordMudd

fearliath

Quote from: LordMudd on July 03, 2019, 09:52:06 PM
"So, we're cool, right guys? Guys?"

CCC.

Who are the two in the very back?

Add the Worst Hell on Wheels  werewolf and you're about all set in the 3.75" Werewolf department.