Started by JMichaelRoddy, July 10, 2009, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 16, 2017, 06:31:54 PM
This looks interesting, h.h.
I'll let you know when I get it.  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 17, 2017, 08:35:26 AM
In about five days, THIS will be arriving in the mail
https://www.amazon.com/Creepshow-Stephen-King/dp/1501163221
Big fun! I still have my copy from 1982. I was a Wrightson nut by then and I was overjoyed when I found that copy at Bookland in our local mall. You'll definitely enjoy it.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 17, 2017, 10:48:23 AM
Big fun! I still have my copy from 1982. I was a Wrightson nut by then and I was overjoyed when I found that copy at Bookland in our local mall. You'll definitely enjoy it.

Ya know.....
I totally regret not purchasing a copy when the comic magazine first arrived on magazine stands. This time,
I bought two. Unfortunately, the comic magazine is a reprint.
But, I will enjoy reading Creepshow.

horrorhunter

This one never really happened, at least not in our corner of the multiverse, but it would be cool if it did.

8)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on May 16, 2017, 06:31:54 PM
This looks interesting, h.h.
I finally received the book, mars, and as promised here's the scoop. I ordered it from Barnes & Noble through an eBay listing. This is the best deal I could find on it, and considering the size and quality of the printing I think it's an excellent value. It's only $26 and change with free shipping. The book is a large hardback and is 272 pages with many quality illustrations. I recommend it for anyone interested in 1970s monster magazines, or just the history of comic art in general. I was afraid it might be shipped in one of those sorry vacuum corrugated mailers that offer no protection since it was free shipping but Barnes & Noble did the right thing and shipped it in a box with adequate packing. It arrived undamaged. It's a nice book that looks great on your library shelf with your other genre books.

Here's a link to the eBay listing for anyone interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/302287107685?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

marsattacks666

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 23, 2017, 02:34:02 PM
I finally received the book, mars, and as promised here's the scoop. I ordered it from Barnes & Noble through an eBay listing. This is the best deal I could find on it, and considering the size and quality of the printing I think it's an excellent value. It's only $26 and change with free shipping. The book is a large hardback and is 272 pages with many quality illustrations. I recommend it for anyone interested in 1970s monster magazines, or just the history of comic art in general. I was afraid it might be shipped in one of those sorry vacuum corrugated mailers that offer no protection since it was free shipping but Barnes & Noble did the right thing and shipped it in a box with adequate packing. It arrived undamaged. It's a nice book that looks great on your library shelf with your other genre books.

Here's a link to the eBay listing for anyone interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/302287107685?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I will definitely pick this up. Thanks, h.h. ;D

Wich2

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 22, 2017, 11:50:19 AM

This one never really happened, at least not in our corner of the multiverse, but it would be cool if it did.

8)

geezer butler

Quote from: horrorhunter on May 22, 2017, 11:50:19 AM

8)

That's awesome HH!!! Wish it were true. I'd hunt one down for sure. I did pick up the illustrated Kong book at motorcity comic con. I'll post image when i get back home.

marsattacks666

Well...the reprint of CREEPSHOW arrived today.  Unfortunately,  my pix aren't loading.

creaturefan95

Quote from: creaturefan95 on May 01, 2017, 08:57:31 AM

Somehow, I forgot to post this one that I bought on the same day as the purchases above:

Creepy

I love the covers of Weird War Tales!!
Check out my Vintage posters and Masks at The Haunted Cinema

creaturefan95

creaturefan95

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 16, 2017, 02:48:00 PM
Picked up a copy of SWAMPMEN: Muck-Monsters And Their Makers! (Twomorrows Publishing, 2014) from an eBay seller.

Twomorrows always does good work and this is no exception. It covers Swamp Thing, Man-Thing, The Heap, and all the rest of the Muck-Monsters from comics and monster mags. The only one I believe they overlooked is Sludge from Malibu Comics, but man they sure included every other obscure swamp dude from the world of comic book monsters! Recommended, especially if you grew up loving these slimey characters.

8)

I have that book too! I got my copy two years ago on Amazon.

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 30, 2017, 06:15:12 PM
Got these Atlas issues from an eBay seller- Tales Of Evil #s 1-3 (VF-NM range):

Atlas/Seaboard was a short lived company who published 61 total comic books in 1975 and 11 total magazines in late 1974 through 1975. They turned out some pretty good stuff along with their share of mediocre books as well. Some of the top comic guys then working for Marvel, DC, and Charlton, did work for Atlas/Seaboard including Neal Adams, Steve Ditko, Wally Wood, Boris Vallejo, Tom Sutton, Ralph Reese, Dick Giordano, Pablo Marcos, and many others. Here's a link to a cool website which gives the scoop on all things Atlas/Seaboard: http://www.atlasarchives.com/

I have most of the Atlas comics and all of the mags except for Gothic Romances which is scarce. The Atlas books have a fond place in my heart due to my buying them in flea markets, yard sales, used book stores, and quarter boxes at comic cons back in the '70s. I started collecting at the end of 1975 so these things were all over the place for those of us who sought out comics through second hand market sources. I recommend them for anyone who enjoys that 1970s comic/monster mag vibe. They're still relatively cheap for reading copies but high grade examples have been creeping up in price the last few years. As with any older comics buy them sooner rather than later and save some bucks. Now I have all of the Bog Beast appearances...yay me!  :laugh:

I bought the first appearance of the Bog Beast last year on a visit to a local shop I had not been to in awhile!