Monster Comics

Started by JMichaelRoddy, July 10, 2009, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Here's a scan of a Charlton from 1964 for all you Mummy fans:

The interior artwork by the unheralded team of penciller Bill Fraccio and inker Tony Tallarico is very good indeed. Here's the splash page:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

creaturefan95

Got any more Sea Devils to show us, Hep?

Hepcat

Lots! Here are six more:

8)

creaturefan95

Just got this one for my Birthday:

Flower

Great Birthday gift!   8)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

horrorhunter

Quote from: creaturefan95 on April 01, 2015, 10:22:33 PM
Just got this one for my Birthday:

Cool comic. That's the first issue of Man-Thing's first series when he took over Fear and it became Adventure Into Fear. Very good Gray Morrow and Chaykin art. In the early '70s the comic racks were full of fun monster comics from Marvel, DC, Charlton, and every other company. That was an awesome time to be a monster comic fan. If I could use a Wayback Machine I would go back to those newsstands, drugstores, and supermarkets, and just soak it all in of actually having comics in racks available for kids to enjoy...oh, and I would buy a crapload of comics. Anyone could afford to back then.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

geezer butler

Quote from: creaturefan95 on March 29, 2015, 04:14:03 PM

Got any more Sea Devils to show us, Hep?

Great stuff Creaturefan95. I'm a big 70s Marvel horror/monster guy. I collect Tomb of Dracula, Man-Thing, Werewolf by Night, Son of Satan, Tales of the Zombie etc. And Marvel's Godzilla and Shogun Warriors still my two favorite comic books of all time.

Hepcat

Here are scans of six more of my Sea Devils comics:

8)

Flower

Sea Devils No. 21 is by far the best of the above posting.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Hepcat

I rather like #22 because it hearkens back to the wash covers from earlier in the run.

:-\

creaturefan95

Look what 20 bucks bought me:

Hepcat

Cool!

8)

That contains a Jack Davis illustrated story, does it not?

???

Hepcat

Here are scans of six more of my Sea Devils comics:

cl:)

creaturefan95