Marx Monsters

Started by zombiehorror, March 17, 2008, 09:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Terror

Quote from: YoungestMonsterKid on April 22, 2024, 04:21:03 PMDoes anyone remember how much one of these would've sold for back in the 60s, when they were new? (This is for my essay).

.19 then .29 cents each
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Hepcat

Many posters have reported buying them for fifteen cents before the price was raised to nineteen cents. Look through this thread.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Dr.Terror

I just noticed I have a Phantom with a .12 ink stamp as well.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

horrorhunter

The prices probably varied by store when these first came out in '63, and then when the orange ones came out in '64. I vaguely remember my parents buying some for me around '64 when I was 5. It seems like they were only .10 each at first (through the memory of a 5 year old), but that could easily be wrong. They gradually went up in the '60s. I have an orange one with a .19 sticker on the base bottom. These cheap toys were sold through local dime stores back then and were priced differently by region and town/city size, or just by the whims of the local store owners.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

YoungestMonsterKid

Quote from: Hepcat on April 23, 2024, 01:01:22 PMMany posters have reported buying them for fifteen cents before the price was raised to nineteen cents. Look through this thread.

:)

Interesting because three of the ones I have (that I bought in a lot off ebay) have tape with "15" written on the bottom of them. I wonder if that tape goes all the way back to the 60s?