Vintage Vampire Girl glow glasses

Started by Gasport, March 17, 2008, 02:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasport

Okay here's an oddball item...[at least it is to me] I picked this up on ebay not very long ago. Obviously a take off on the Vampire Girl mask offered in FM back in the day. Up until that auction i had NEVER seen anything like this before...I LOVE IT! Anybody else out there who has seen or owns a set of these??   Cheers,
                                                 MG

neonnoodle

Quite wacky and very charming.

By the way, who is that weirdo monster posing with you in your avatar?  It looks like the creature from "Curse of Bigfoot."
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Getter_1

That's really cool!  AND they GLOW!

Doesn't get any better than that.

The Phantom Creep

They did those glasses in 4 different styles, the Vampire Girl, Skull and Crossbones, Jack-o-Lanterns and the Frankenstein Monster. They've been available in different colors and on different style cards. Those glow ones are really cool, none of the ones I have are glow.

Uh Neon, that appears to be Gasport wearing a Shock Monster mask and posing with Zacherley.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

raycastile

Never seen them before, but I like them!
Raymond Castile

Dr.Terror

Those are great .

Here is a pic of a flashlight that uses a similar face. Not as Vamp girl as the glasses though.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

HARRY HAMMOCK

Oh man Doc,I had that flashlight,but it melted in a camping  trip disaster.

neonnoodle

I love the box for that flashlight too!  It's very creepy, kooky and ooky.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Gasport

COOL flashlight and box!! Is there a date anywhere on that?

Dr.Terror

no clue, it's not mine. Found the pic on ebay awhile back, but probably a 70's item.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Devlin

There's also a pair with the vampire girl over one eye and a vampire/Phantom amalgam over the other (and, I believe, one with him solo). I've never seen any of the designs in glow plastic before, though. Someone has done new, lame skull and pumpkin glasses packaged with candy in the last two or three years, but they're hardly worth a mention.

fmofmpls

Gasport, is there a date anywhere on those glow glasses? Those are very cool looking! I'd like to pluck out my prescription lenses and put them into the Vampire Girl frame. That will get me noticed alright!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

The Phantom Creep

I just came across the version Devlin is talking about today in my storage and meant to bring them home but then they got sucked back into the void...
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

Gasport

Terry,
           Other than Giant Plastics Corp, New York. Made in USA, there is no other printing anywhere i can see. I wear glasses too and thought the same thing you did...on the other hand, i DO have to earn a living.  Think i'll leave 'em in the package!
                                                                                              MG

OldTimey

Darryl