Rob Zombie's The Munsters

Started by BigShadow, March 15, 2021, 12:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehorror

Quote from: BigShadow on October 26, 2021, 02:43:52 AM
They all look good except Herman.  What's with the scowl?  I take it this won't be a comedy, rather something darker?

I think it's an attempt to do this classic Herman look

Monster Mike

That's the expression that people will have when they see this remake!

gracebuster

Hello all,

Sharing this here. I know I've been away for a while but staying very busy, as you can imagine.

https://rue-morgue.com/the-count-speaks-daniel-roebuck-on-rob-zombies-the-munsters-and-more/

Perhaps a little perspective would help.

Mike Scott

I didn't know you were playing "Grandpa" in the new "Munsters" movie?! How cool! Must be a dream come true?  :)

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Doh!

Thanks for sharing that, Danny! Congrats on the gig; I'll check it out for sure upon release.

John Pertwee

Quote from: gracebuster on November 13, 2021, 02:19:37 AM
Hello all,

Sharing this here. I know I've been away for a while but staying very busy, as you can imagine.

https://rue-morgue.com/the-count-speaks-daniel-roebuck-on-rob-zombies-the-munsters-and-more/

I can't wait to see how it turns out.  Congratulations.

marsattacks666

Thank you for sharing, Mr. Roebuck. Cannot wait to see the new Munsters' film.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Quote from: gracebuster on November 13, 2021, 02:19:37 AM

Read the interview earlier this week. I'm looking forward to your interpretation of Grandpa and seeing RZ's vision of the Munsters.

Haunted hearse

I had reservations when I first heard about the Rob Zombie "Munsters". However, the more I learn, the better I like what I'm seeing. I know "Mockingbird Lane", has it's fans, but I'm glad Herman will be back to looking like the iconic Frankenstein Monster. The Facade of their home and the bland surrounding neighborhood look fantastic. Unlike the Tim Burton "Wednesday" series, this will focus on the entire family, and not focus on Kat from "Casper", going to knockoff Hogswart. I look forward to seeing this, when it comes out.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

gracebuster

Thank You. Monster kid to monster kid, it will be so much fun. Rob's appreciation and love for the series is boundless, as is my own.

marsattacks666

Quote from: gracebuster on January 11, 2022, 03:26:36 PM
Thank You. Monster kid to monster kid, it will be so much fun. Rob's appreciation and love for the series is boundless, as is my own.

🤘🏻
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Herman's fur is giving off Son of Frankenstein/Jack Davis art vibes. The views of the house interiors that have been shown feel more Addams Family than Munsters to me.

Haunted hearse

Quote from: zombiehorror on April 05, 2022, 06:56:10 PM
Herman's fur is giving off Son of Frankenstein/Jack Davis art vibes. The views of the house interiors that have been shown feel more Addams Family than Munsters to me.
Well, a lot of people get the two confused, but the 1964 Munster house interior had a lot going for it, where as the Addams Family interior in the original New Yorker cartoons, and in the 1990s Sonnenfeld films had a less cluttered look. The Exterior, on the other hand is the best looking recreation I've seen, and even better, it will be surrounded by cookie cutter tract homes, so it will really stand out.

zombiehorror

Quote from: Haunted hearse on April 12, 2022, 04:51:29 AM
Well, a lot of people get the two confused,....

I assume you are referring to normal people and not monster kids.

Haunted hearse

Quote from: zombiehorror on April 13, 2022, 12:53:39 AM
I assume you are referring to normal people and not monster kids.
Absolutely. There's a different aesthetic to the Addams Family, then the Munsters.  The clutter is similar to the clutter found in the Addams family TV series, which was nothing like the sparse interior of the new Yorker cartoons, which had little in the way of furnishings or other decor. The Munster set, also had a fair amount of clutter, so the Zombie interior set isn't that far off. I think the Munster set looks pretty good, except that they are something like Disney's Haunted Mansion, in that the interior doesn't match the exterior. That has never stopped the haunted mansion from being my favorite attraction at the Disney parks. It was also clear, that regarding the interior sets for the old TV series, there was no effort to have the interior sets match up with the facade on the back lot. But the exterior is gorgeous, and I like the look of the interior set, although I would have liked it to be a closer match to the interior found in the 1960s series. I think what really impressed me with the Munster House in Texas, was how they were able to do a good job replicating not just the interior, but recreating the interior to fit inside the recreated exterior.