U.P.'s Version of KING KONG VS FRANKENSTEIN

Started by Unknown Primate, February 02, 2013, 08:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown Primate

This is a thread dedicated to the "unmade" monster movie, KING KONG VS FRANKENSTEIN.  We were talking about it on my "YMIR!  What If?" thread.  Feel free to add your own ideas, art, etc.  Heck - you can even post pics of a showdown between the Aurora Kong & Frank! 

disclaimer - I know The Monster's name isn't actually "Frankenstein", but I spoke to him the other day and he said it was okay to call him that.

Also, right from the get-go, I came to the conclusion that a 20-50' KK would easily destroy a 7-8' Frank.

One of my first crazy depictions, mostly for laughs!

This one's inspired more by Obie's vision.  Those are posted on another thread - I'll have to copy them to this thread.

Drew this just a couple of weeks ago.  I have gone through so many concepts, I've lost count!

This one is rather disturbing if ya ask me.  He just seems to lack something.

Next, I'll post the first part of my own idea for this "could'ave been" classic.

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Unknown Primate

Okay, keep in mind, I'm not a writer, so this is not going to win any awards - kinda like my art - rather cartoony.  I think of this as a Toho Kaiju epic, combined with an American Giant Monster movie!  Just a draft, not written in stone.  Hope you get a kick out of it.

KING KONG  VS  FRANKENSTEIN
by Mark Stamper

PROLOGUE

Everyone knows the story of Frankenstein and his Monster.  Science run amok!  Mankind would never make the same mistake again.  The synopsis that follows is based entirely on TRUE EVENTS!  Note the number of obviously mad scientists who are responsible for the terror that unfolds.

A FEW BACK STORIES

In 1933, Carl Denham's giant ape-monster, King Kong, was machine-gunned by fighter planes while on top of New York City's 1,400 foot tall, Empire State Building.  The massive gorilla fell to his death.  His hostage, Ann Darrow, survived when Kong sat her safely down, out of harm's way, before he plunged 102 stories to the pavement below.

The remains of the great beast were taken to a large warehouse, where the body was kept in an oversized freezing unit.  Eventually, the carcass was destroyed – except for a large piece of tissue that was donated to a secret scientific facility.

In 1962,  another "King Kong", nearly three times larger than the first one, was captured in the South Pacific, on Faro Island.  He was taken to Japan, where he fought a ferocious battle with the legendary beast known as Godzilla!  Kong fought well, holding the radioactive monstrosity to a draw.  Kong swam back to Faro Island.  He left behind some of his blood, which was taken from him while he was unconscious, after being drugged by some dedicated scientists (what else?).

Years before, toward the end of the second world war, the indestructible heart of the Frankenstein Monster, had somehow fallen into the hands of the Nazi's.  They shipped the ungodly thing to Japan for safe keeping.  It was a mistake.  The bomb hit Hiroshima, killing over a hundred thousand people.  The heart was lost.  Scientific speculation about the fate of the terrible ticker suggested that a wild, feral boy either found and devoured it – or, the heart somehow regenerated itself, due to radiation and it's own un-dying existence.  In any event, the boy took on the features of The Frankenstein Monster himself!  In 1965, he began growing, reaching  the colossal height of eighty feet tall!  The giant battled a ferocious, burrowing, dinosaur-like monster called Baragon.  The transformed boy, now called "Frankenstein", disappeared into a huge, fiery fissure after besting Baragon.  Little did Victor Frankenstein, the young medical student who created the original monster, know that his name would live on in such infamy.

An industrious and diligent Japanese scientist had vials of Frankenstein's blood & tissue that was kept alive due to it's astounding regenerative abilities.  Several years later, two "brothers" who were born out of the blood & tissue, became giant monsters, known as Gargantuas.  They supposedly perished while battling each other out at sea.  Again, tissue & blood was collected by the Japanese scientists and preserved until it would be used... for a future project... that would bring horror and destruction!

REBIRTH OF KING KONG

It is the present day, and there are close to one hundred scientists, physicists, bio-engineers and the like, gathered together in the auditorium of a facility hidden away at an undisclosed location.  Only a few reporters were allowed in.  A distinquished looking man stood behind a podium onstage.  Behind him was a huge movie screen.  As a slideshow began, the man breathed into a microphone and started his monologue.  It has been edited for time, but contains the pertinent parts that make up this amazing story.

" In 1974, our team began experimentation with DNA cloning.  Through like-minded individuals, we were able to secure blood and tissue samples from two giant animals, both known as King Kong.  Twenty years later, we were successful in splicing together the DNA of the two creatures.  There were many failures before we finally produced what we were wanting to achieve.  A living, breathing Kong!  Keep in mind, the beasts, although resembling each other, were not quite the same.   Both being discovered on separate prehistoric islands in the South Pacific, each one were of a different sub-species, but close enough to make it work.

The original Kong, was killed in 1933.  He was discovered on Skull Island.  Many variants on his size exists in urban legends, but from what we gathered, the brute was right around 50 feet tall, weighing thousands of tons.  The second Kong, on the other hand was nearly three times the size of the Skull Island resident!  Sources say he has since passed away, peacefully, on his Faro Island home. We believe radiation fallout from the atomic bomb, affected his growth.

The huge gorilla-like beast we have created has attributes of both of the Kongs.   He has the aggression, ferociousness & fighting ability of the original fifty footer.  Yet, he has some of the qualities of the Faro Island version, including a very unusual way of conducting electricity, which seems to give him more power and pep.  We keep him secluded on an island fortress.  We have to.  He's a little more aggressive than we had anticipated.  By the way, the new King Kong is forty five meters tall.  That's 148 feet!  He weighs in the vicinity of 25 thousand metric tons – equal to over 55 million pounds!  The laws of physics say he shouldn't even be able to move, but he does...  and quite well.  What we plan to do with him is being discussed with world leaders as we speak."

Next:  REBIRTH OF FRANKENSTEIN

charp13

This is mind blowing! While I was reading it, I was nodding in agreement to every fact & stat!
UP!! You have outdone yourself- BIG TIME! This is so cool and interesting to read. I was picturing the whole thing in my head- with your brilliant illustrations. I wish the whole story was illustrated and brought to life on film! It is so creative and full of monster beauty.
These guys need their own website. I can imagine young monster minds reading these tales and soaking up the artwork. You have a great mind, my friend. I can't wait to see more! I was trying to picture all the different scientists and secret labs.... MAN!! You have so much talent!

Unknown Primate

Thank you, Char!  I'd really love to start a website presenting these weird tales I come up with.  I must have tons of notes, outlines & concept art for different projects.  I just don't know anything about how to get started.  Me dumb.  Like to learn Photoshop and Powerpoint, too!

I forgot about this small poster I did a few years ago.  It measures 11"x16".  A couple of people showed interest in it awhile back  ;)...  any offers?  Anyway, here it is before I do the unveiling of the rest of the story and more pics.  Hope you like it, although it looks a little blurry.  Couldn't scan it!

Illoman

More great art from the awesome UP!!! Mark, that's some awesome work my friend!!!

Unknown Primate

I'm not worthy!  I'm not worthy!  But I thank you so much, Mike.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Unknown Primate on February 02, 2013, 11:25:02 PM
I'm not worthy!  I'm not worthy!  But I thank you so much, Mike.

You are most definitely a talented artist and worthy.  ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Moonshadow

I'm loving all of this!! That poster is awesome. Love the red sky and lightning. It just screams power! And I can't wait for (as Paul Harvey used to say) the rest of the story!

Unknown Primate

Thanks, Michael & Karen!

Karen - I actually thought of Paul Harvey after I typed that  :laugh:.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Unknown Primate on February 03, 2013, 11:48:35 AM
Thanks, Michael & Karen!

Karen - I actually thought of Paul Harvey after I typed that  :laugh:.
;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Scatter

HOLY FREAKING MONSTER BRAWL!! Mark, this is right up there among my favorite things you've ever done!! LOVE it brutha!!  :D :D :D
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Unknown Primate

Unknown Primate

Some more basic ideas.

REBIRTH OF FRANKENSTEIN

Somewhere within a mountain fortress on a harsh, unforgiving Siberian landscape, a multitude of some of the top scientific minds are gathered for an unveiling.  The group consists of men & women from many different countries, helmed by a crack team of biologists from Tokyo.  The guests are given a tour of the facility, as they learn about the wondrous and bizarre experiment that began nearly fifty years before.  Can what they've been told, actually be true?  The anticipation of seeing for themselves was nearly too much to handle.  Finally, the "tour guide" leads the crowd to a huge steel door.  Armed guards seem to be literally, everywhere, nervously shifting about and looking at each other with blank expressions.  The massive door is opened mechanically and the group of doctors & scientists see why the trained soldiers are so jittery.

A monolithic mountain of an ice-like structure stands before them, only a hundred yards away.  There is a slight, blurry silhouette of something very, VERY BIG encased in the two hundred foot tall frozen tomb.  Several hundred, weapons-ready soldiers stand in formation in a semi-circle facing the glacier sized holding cell.  As a huge light is activated, the thing in the massive "cage" is revealed.  A voice speaks out over the microphone,  "Presenting, FRANKENSTEIN!"

The story they had heard earlier in the day was amazing, sure enough, but now, they knew it was fact, not fiction.  The blood cells, the tissue, the radiated DNA, taken from the giant Frankenstein and The Gargantuas, BACK IN THE 60'S, had been spliced together with gruesome success.  The "proof" stood gigantic and still, before their very eyes.  Only a wall of some sort of material resembling clear ice, ten feet thick, now separated them from... this monster.

The man-like behemoth was FIFTY meters tall!  A 165 foot ogre with a grotesque visage straight out of a nightmarish horror film.  The weight on the oversized metric ton scale registered 18,000!  This horrifying colossus clocked in at just under FORTY MILLION POUNDS! 

It seems this giant – this Frankenstein, has a bad temper - along with a voracious appetite for violence and an extremely tough, tireless physique, which can regenerate and heal itself at an alarming rate.  And they are having trouble keeping him bound.

An older, Japanese gentleman spoke out loud to the head administrator.
      " I'm having trouble understanding why someone would create a monster such as this.  It will not obey – because it doesn't have to!  And this time, Frankenstein might really CONQUER THE WORLD! "

End of part one.  Thanks for reading!

More drawings coming up, but first, a word from our sponsor.  The original Frankenstein's Monster and King Kong are icons.  I cannot use their images out of my love and respect for them.  Besides, the way I decided to depict them, makes more sense for a giant monster story.  Therefore, I hope you approve of the following pics.  They're still not drawn in stone, but for now, I'm kinda liking them.  Feedback will be appreciated...  unless you hate them...  or think I'm an idiot...  etc. ;D

Unknown Primate

THE TALE OF THE TAPE

THE BATTLE BEGINS!

More later.