I'm Ready for my Close up, Mr. DeMille

Started by gracebuster, January 31, 2008, 03:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gracebuster

Really it should be Mr. Nichols (aka Roheminia) not Mr. DeMille!

Chris has certainly been asking for close ups shots for many months, now.

So here, in no particualr order, is...stuff.

Mike Scott

Wow!

So, um, do you need anybody to dust that stuff, like on a regular basis?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

gracebuster

Mike Scott

It would be like painting the Golden Gate Bridge. You just get done and have to start all over at the beginning.  :D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

The Phantom Creep

Ah crap.

- sigh -

Talk about a humbling experience.................
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

raycastile

Thank you for all the great eye candy.  Lots of oohs and ahhs here.

Strangely, the one that I kept coming back to was this one:

I was trying to read all those character names, especially the top one in the column of blue 70s Ben Cooper boxes.  Is that Uncle Creepy?  And then toward the bottom, a King Kong?  I've never seen those characters in the blue boxes with the "glow kit" faces around the window.

I also got a jolt out of this one:

Is that mask the real thing?  It looks vintage.

Raymond Castile

gracebuster

It is an Uncle Creepy  costume and King Kong.
I'll get some pics for you. The Uncle Creepy is one of my faves. Surely, very rare.

The Mask is not the original, no. It is an early 60's version. Maybe late 50's. Abit different then the 1948 version.

CreepyJeff

Wow wow wow.  Dan - there's a Mummy among your Esco figures.  Did Esco do a Mummy?!?  I have Wolfie, Frank, Bride and Drac.  Still trying to find the Hunchback.  But a Mummy?  Esco?  Thanks.

Creepy Jeff
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

The Phantom Creep

Way too much to comment on Dan. Thanks for all of that.

I've always wanted that b/w poster of Karloff as Fu Manchu. That's great that you have all of those there. I've got the Wolfman. I've always though about trying to get them all.

Ah hell I gotta ask a few questions...

What's that cutout Karloff Frankenstein thing in the 7th and 8th photos? A card?

Where did that stuffed Saucerman come from????? That's insane!

I've never seen that castle films 3-pack. Very cool.

Hey Dan over in the Universal Studios Souvenir thread that you started I posted a small handful of questions. When you have time could you please go answer them? Pretty please? Aw c'mon I need answers man  ;D

"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

gracebuster

What's that cutout Karloff Frankenstein thing in the 7th and 8th photos? A card?
No, odd piece. It's marked stand-ups. It has a picture frame folding stand on the back.

Where did that stuffed Saucerman come from?? That's insane!

Laura lady created that as a Gift for Bob Burns by my request. That is the second one. Btw, the Creature  (next to it) was sent to Grace when she was born. Laura made that, as well.

NOW REMEMBER, that was 1995. NO MANUFACTURER had yet created a Stuffed Creature Doll. This was the first. That Laura is a talented Lady, as is David...a talented Lady!

I've never seen that castle films 3-pack. Very cool.

Yeah, thats one of my faves!

Monster Bob

Tom Smith Monsternut

I love the life sized Dr. Evil head and gun ! :)
Very cool !!
Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

fmofmpls

Quote from: ZOMBOPHOTO on January 31, 2008, 06:38:02 AM

Shawn, there's a Dracula too in the stand-up series. I bought both of them new back in the late 80s. Can't remember where though? Probably Spencer's.

Dan my man. Thanks so very much for sharing your collection with us. That took some time and effort and putting all up those on the web. Like everyone else here, I'm left with my mouth hanging open and tongue wagging in the air. Great stuff to say the least! My visit to your abode back in 2005 was truly a vacation high lite if there ever was one! And I love sharing a common interest in vintage Disney theme park ephemra too! Another one of my weaknesses besides gin and potatoes.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

gracebuster

Guys, thanks for all of the kind words. Remember that You are all welcome anytime!
Terry, I look at pics and videos from before the make over and I cringe- you'll have to come back!