Monsterpalooza pics.. Saturday

Started by Marsha, April 11, 2010, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerfan

So you're saying that was Rick Baker??
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

Opera Ghost

I will unfortunately not get to posting my photos until end of week, but was sorry that I missed a chance to meet ya Marsha.

Dan was great in "Dark & Stormy Night" on Friday Night and a bigger hoot in his presentation for Captain Company.

Rick was very amiable with everyone (including yours truly) who stopped and said hi to him, and asked for a photo, as were Ron Chaney as well as Bela Jr. BTW--Bela has branded the name on a bottle of wine available at www (dot)undiscoveredwines(dot)com and I think www(dot)lugosiwines.com. The first offering is a 2007 Malbec from Argentina.

Verne Langdon was also very pleasant with his stories and Anecdotes, as were Eilleen Deitz

I did get to meet Jim Berteges albeit briefly as he was conducting a model building session with a young recruit!

Sorry to have missed anyone else, but as Marsha mentioned, Saturday was pleasantley packed.

I also seemed to have dropped the Business card for the gentlemen who has the Uncle Forry Animatronic, so if anyone has his contact info, please please PM me with this.

OG

"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Perry S.

Opera Ghost - The Forry animatronic was built by Mike C. on these boards.  I'm sure if you PM him he'll give you his info.  Sorry I missed you, but I don't know what you look like!

mjbare

Matt, it was nice to meet you. I was wearing the UMA Shirt. I was waiting for anyone from Universal who would have tried to tell me to cease and desist. Dang, I had some choice words.

I was only able to make it on Saturday and did get to see Mr. Rick Baker just walking around. I meet up with another UMA member who said that Guillermo del Toro was walking around Friday night!

I loved Dan's panel on Captain Company. I also entered the AFM model contest but didn't win any awards. There was some real good work there!
Tish, you spoke French!!  You know it drives me wild when you spead French!!!

Opera Ghost

Quote from: Perry S. on April 12, 2010, 05:19:08 PM
Opera Ghost - The Forry animatronic was built by Mike C. on these boards.  I'm sure if you PM him he'll give you his info.  Sorry I missed you, but I don't know what you look like!

Thanks Perry! I wore a lanyard badge utilizing a screengrab of the UMA logo, and my name Opera Ghost--and I actually spoke with Mike C then, but did not introduce myself. I will need to PM, as I know someone who can offer a fix for the electronic noise problem he'd get on each cycle.
OG
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

mike c

Quote from: Opera Ghost on April 12, 2010, 06:50:16 PM
Thanks Perry! I wore a lanyard badge utilizing a screengrab of the UMA logo, and my name Opera Ghost--and I actually spoke with Mike C then, but did not introduce myself. I will need to PM, as I know someone who can offer a fix for the electronic noise problem he'd get on each cycle.
OG

Howdy OG!

I'd appreciate the help, if there's a 'fix' beyond simply making sure the right channel data stream stays isolated from the left channel audio...  it's never happened before on that system (and I use it every Hallowe'en!). It was a bit baffling since checking the RAPU file on the CD doesn't show any recorded flaws so...?

I met so many great people this weekend and I tried to mention the UMA with each of them, because I don't know what most of you look like, haha! So please forgive me for my ignorance if we were chatting and we didn't give the secret UMA handshake! :-)

I also completely missed other UMA soldiers (Marsha and Matt, John T., etc.) and feel terrible about it... we need another 'actual picture of yourself' thread as a sticky or something, haha!

Opera Ghost

Quote from: mike c on April 12, 2010, 07:24:02 PM
Howdy OG!

I'd appreciate the help, if there's a 'fix' beyond simply making sure the right channel data stream stays isolated from the left channel audio...  it's never happened before on that system (and I use it every Hallowe'en!). It was a bit baffling since checking the RAPU file on the CD doesn't show any recorded flaws so...?

I met so many great people this weekend and I tried to mention the UMA with each of them, because I don't know what most of you look like, haha! So please forgive me for my ignorance if we were chatting and we didn't give the secret UMA handshake! :-)

I also completely missed other UMA soldiers (Marsha and Matt, John T., etc.) and feel terrible about it... we need another 'actual picture of yourself' thread as a sticky or something, haha!

No problem Mike! I too was trying to introduce myself, but when occupied I too forget....you might better remember me, as I was video taping all of the segments on Saturday in the middle of the line, and had asked if you were the creator of the Forry Animatronic. Seems to me that you are socal based, right? PM your email address and when my Haunt-buddy, Ed gets back in town we can get hooked up. Ed did a Skeleton animatronic for our haunt-from scratch.

Dan mentioned that a UMA meeting place should be set up or scheduled for these events so that we can congregate and BS outside of venue.

OG

deadman

Mjbare it was nice talking to you on Saturday waiting for the convention to open, Who won the model contest?

michblk

Danny, looks like you found a real Jewel

BK

"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Marsha

Quote from: mike c on April 12, 2010, 07:24:02 PM
Howdy OG!

Yes you were one of the people we were dying to meet! Perry told us what you looked like and we were off on a search but to no success. Oh well, maybe next year.. and sorry. no pics of me will be posted ever. its only fun when you are pretend scared.. trust me! lol. Matt is the cute one. And it's hard to miss a 5'4" 9 year old walking around in costume.. ;D

FACTO2

Quote from: mike c on April 12, 2010, 07:24:02 PMI also completely missed other UMA soldiers (Marsha and Matt, John T., etc.) and feel terrible about it... we need another 'actual picture of yourself' thread as a sticky or something, haha! 

Hey, Mike.  Sorry I missed meeting you too.  While in the Museum, looking wide eyed at your Forrey (no sound problems while I was there), I did talk a little to your friend/partner who was keeping an eye on the display.  Really amazing work, by the way. 

I think next year all of the UMA'ers should have some kind of name tag that just says UMA member.  I'd be happy to do that and the UMA'ers could pick them up at my table.  Anyway, we'll see what happens.  Again, sorry I missed you.

Thanks.

John
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

FACTO2

Marsha, great pics.  Thank you for posting those.   :)
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

gracebuster

"if there's a 'fix' beyond simply making sure the right channel data stream stays isolated from the left channel audio"

How come everyone on this board is smarter then me?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Opera Ghost

Quote from: gracebuster on April 16, 2010, 03:18:11 PM
"if there's a 'fix' beyond simply making sure the right channel data stream stays isolated from the left channel audio"

How come everyone on this board is smarter then me?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Man, do I feel like that often! I try to supplement by keeping the company of those with a superior Intellect.