the worst movies of all time

Started by general gruesome, August 09, 2011, 06:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charp13

Wow......You all just picked off a big ol scab!!!!  I despise Dead/Alive!!!  Someone bought it for me as a gift, and insisted that I would love it because it was their favorite movie and that it was meant to be. I read the back of the dvd and watched it with high hopes, but it was sooooo awful! The actors were just ridculous and the effects were stupid! And of course the person that gave it me, called me all the time wanting to talk about it so when I finally watched it I had to scrape up any funny/"good" parts of the movie to talk about. And......the person was offended because I didn't rave on and on about it, but I was respectful of their opinion! This also happened with Fried Green Tomatoes.  Why do people set themselves up like this? Talking about a movie like it's The Ten Commandments (the movie, not the tablets) and making you feel bad even though you never said anything bad about the movie, it just stunk!  Whew....
I also hate Fried Green Tomatoes

creaturerevenge

I'll give you that it's no 10 commandments, but I mean you gotta give it SOME credit, it was one of his first films. The acting pool isn't the best for independent films in the early 90's in New Zealand and he did all the make up and effects himself! He baked the prosthetics in his mom's oven! like the film or not, you have to give it credit, it's a lot better than a lot of other people out there can do on a budget that small all by themselves! Also... it's still better than the entire Twilight franchise, so at least it has that going for it...
Do you like monsters? They're my only weakness...

www.creaturerevenge.com
http://creaturerevenge.blogspot.com/

charp13

Oh man! I feel bad now! I guess I never bothered to read anything about Dead/Alive or about young Peter Jackson. I really did not know that he made the prosthetics himself. I will probably never watch it again, but I do admire the independent movie spirit!  :)
But I still do not "get" Fried Green.......you know.

Scatter

Quote from: creaturerevenge on August 24, 2011, 10:29:38 AM
VanHelsing I get, but you can't hate on Dead/Alive! It's classic Peter Jackson! Plus it was kinda made with the intention to be bad and campy! It's kinda the point...

"Classic Peter Jackson" means an instant pass for a lot of people.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

robodog

Quote from: creaturerevenge on August 24, 2011, 11:18:25 AM
I'll give you that it's no 10 commandments, but I mean you gotta give it SOME credit, it was one of his first films. The acting pool isn't the best for independent films in the early 90's in New Zealand and he did all the make up and effects himself! He baked the prosthetics in his mom's oven! like the film or not, you have to give it credit, it's a lot better than a lot of other people out there can do on a budget that small all by themselves! Also... it's still better than the entire Twilight franchise, so at least it has that going for it...

Yeah but pretty much anything's better than the Twilight franchise. Hell, I've crapped things that were better than the Twilight franchise. That's like saying a punch in the face is better than a kick in the nuts. I can't speak for the quality of Dead Alive because I've never seen it. But it really isn't hard for a movie to be better than Twilight. Such a comparison really isn't raising the bar very high.

frankenstein73

dead alive is a great movie! Like evil dead on speed! But its definately not for everyone.
Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

general gruesome

I thought Dead Alive was great in the sense of the gore and Special FX but as a good movie, not really, but thats my opinion

creaturerevenge

That's what I'm saying, it's not that its a GREAT film but it does deserve some respect on some levels. And I agree, saying it's better than Twilight does set the bar pretty damn low!

www.creaturerevenge.com

Zardoz

Dead Alive over the top Funny!!!
Loved it!!
Better than Jacksons earlier offering Bad Taste which I enjoyed very much also! :D

marsattacks666

Oh my goodness, with DEAD/ALIVE!  The film is definitely overrated......and never should be compared to EVIL DEAD. Wow, really!         There are so many cool and great films in the world of cinema. Plus, there is no cinematic value to DEAD/ALIVE. Yes! I did just write that.  >:D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

creaturerevenge

Thats cold man! Give Jackson some credit, without these early campy films he most likely never would have made it on to bigger and better projects like Lord of the Rings and Kong! And I would say it has cinematic value on par with the Evil Dead films, including Army of Darkness...

www.creaturerevenge.com

Zardoz

CreatureRevenge I could'nt have said it better myself these types of movies
are made to be enjoyed not picked apart under a microscope because sure you will find flaws
some purely intentional but thats not what its all about.  The campiness of Dead Alive Is on the same level
as Evil Dead and other similar movies thats easy to see!! Some movie are made to be so bad they 
are good and get talked about for generations I.E.  Plan 9 ,robot monster , killer clowns from outer space,
the Feast Trilogy, the list goes on and on. Lighten up and Enjoy !! ;D

marsattacks666

Really, who cares if Peter Jackson did direct DEAD/ALIVE. In my opinion, the movie blows.
Like I wrote/mentioned previously, there so many cheesy, campy horror related films that
are ten times better. 'Nuff said.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Scatter

Quote from: creaturerevenge on August 25, 2011, 09:16:14 AM
Thats cold man! Give Jackson some credit, without these early campy films he most likely never would have made it on to bigger and better projects like Lord of the Rings and Kong! And I would say it has cinematic value on par with the Evil Dead films, including Army of Darkness...

If Jackson's earlier stuff led to garbage like THIS, then they deserve the hate......

Ice Skating in Central Park Scene - King Kong Movie (2005) - HD
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

marsattacks666

Quote from: Scatter on August 25, 2011, 04:18:09 PM
If Jackson's earlier stuff led to garbage like THIS, then they deserve the hate......

Ice Skating in Central Park Scene - King Kong Movie (2005) - HD

Another horrible film. Why was KING KONG even remade?!? Wait do not answer that question!
Totally rhetorical. I think I would rather jam forks in my eyes than watch the KING KONG bomb.

I guess I am just being me? COLD.