My wish has (almost) come true. Mezco Creature Glow in the Dark version!

Started by darkmonkeygod, June 07, 2013, 07:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_ghidorah

The black and white version is very tempting.

Already have the normal version on pre-order, I can't wait!  Easily my most anticipated figure of the year!

Now, if only we can get a Metaluna Mutant and Mole Person in this line :)

Gareee

Yeah, the mutant would be VERY cool! I would suspect we'll get a Dracula next, or maybe a Bride of Frankenstein.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 12, 2013, 10:25:49 AM
Dang! I hope these don't have inflated prices!

I imagine they are $50 or $60. The b&w Frankenstein's Monster was $50, iirc.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Gareee

Doesn't the 9" frank go for $30-$40? I'd suspect the standard creech would go for that, and the special editions maybe $10 more at most. (I prefer special "redeco" editions though that are priced the same, but are limited in production.)

EDITOR MFTV

I ordered 2 each of the glow and B & W Creature. $60 each.  The shipping is really high.
Jim Clatterbaugh
Editor/Publisher MFTV
www.monstersfromthevault.com

Gareee

Between the inflated prices and high shipping, I'll sadly pass.

The 14" Cheetarah is only $50, but the 9" creech is $60?

darkmonkeygod

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on June 12, 2013, 12:02:21 PM
Could anyone get the discount code to work?

No! I ordered 1 of each and didn't get my 10% off! Shipping was $12+ (which my 10% would have paid).
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Frankenstein Rocks

EDITOR MFTV

Jim Clatterbaugh
Editor/Publisher MFTV

darkmonkeygod

I sent an email to customer care with my order number asking if they can honour it, so perhaps...

I got the combo pack plus an extra glow Creature to paint with some sort of wash from http://www.monsterkolor.com/. I'll wait until they're in hand to decide what, but I love the idea of a green wash allowing the detail to pop out while it glows, perhaps with opaque eyes but no paint in the iris so it to glows. I've been wanting a sizable full glow Gillman figure to try something like this with for a long time. I tried to talk Paul into making a glow edition of the huge Monstarz Creature he produced.

Anyway,

Quote from: Gareee on June 12, 2013, 12:00:11 PM
Between the inflated prices and high shipping, I'll sadly pass.

The 14" Cheetarah is only $50, but the 9" creech is $60?

I understand, but the difference in the Thundercat and the Creature is the production run. 100 is such a limited quantity many factorys won't do it, or the price is prohibitively high on the manufacturing side.

$60 is the top end of what I could afford on this, and I splurged to get a second glow because I've wanted one to customize for so long and figure this is the opportunity. I justify it in my mind by amortizing it out over all the years without a full glow or even luminators Creature from the Aurora sculpt, and Sideshow's never materialized glow version of the action figure.  What ever let's me sleep at night (with the Creature as my night-lite), right?  ;D

Trap-Door Maker

Me neither (UMA discount code). But still VERY excited about the two different exclusives I ordered!

EDITOR MFTV

I just talked go someone at Mezco and they said the code is working fine (had a bunch of orders using it). He said he could cancel my order and I could place a new one and try the code again. Other than that he couldn't do anything as he couldn't apply the discount. I didn't want to do that as I didn't want to chance them being sold out before I placed a new order. After I got off the phone I tried to place another order using the code---still no luck. Oh well.
Jim Clatterbaugh
Editor/Publisher MFTV

MezcoToyzGuy

OK, it appears we had so many people in the system at the same time it overloaded the coupon system for some of you.

If your coupon did not work send an email to customer service with your order # before 6/17/2013 and they will apply the coupon.